Lets see your IQ!!

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
nice sled.
I've got a question does the hood line up on these iq's brand new because I don't think I have ever seen one line up where it should lol mine doesn't sit right in a few places mainly the right side where it latches.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine never lined up, i just installed a couple extra tie downs on the side and it stays very stable

johnnyboy84

Reaction score
Thanks!

If the hood doesnt sit right it might be because of the bumber being bent. I usually straight it up using a 2 by 4, easy fix and looks brand new :)

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On mine The throttle side sits back about half an inch more than the pto Side. Sometimes it goes in behind the side panel or the piece in front of it. So no the hood doesn't sit Perfect.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My IQ switch didn't fit right, both sides were half an inch back. My IQ RMK fits perfect though. It does drive a guy nuts though.

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
yea thats the same for mine throttle side lol oh well what are you gonna do. heres a video of me last year in cold lake dealing with the 15 cm of snow we had , my father was complaing in nfld that he couldn't throw his switchback on its side in 40 cm of snow.
2009 Polaris Dragon 800 Carving on a pond - YouTube The bog I was talking about in the video I found after one side of the air box had loosed off and when I leaned that way it would let more air in.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
little face lift, and tried out some plasti dip on the hood
photo (1).jpg

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has replaced the stock Walker Evans shocks on their Dragons? And what have you replaced them with?

Kranked

Reaction score
Who has replaced the stock Walker Evans shocks on their Dragons? And what have you replaced them with?
I put Fox Evol R's on the front and Raptors on the back. The Evol's are nice but I would recommend just putting the Raptors all around, they are a well built shock. But any aftermarket shock is gonna be a lot nicer ride than the W/E's.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just done a little fixing up and sprucing up. New track, wrap, new skis and little belt drive! Real joy to ride now

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I replaced mine with coil overs from a 2010 assault. Right now I have them set at the softest setting and when I turn, my shoulder is touching the snow. :)
It may be too soft though. Bounces hard to one side or the other when you hit objects while climbing.

corey.greene

Reaction score
Ready to hit the hills.

Par head, slp exhaust, slp clutch kit, PCV and some new boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toska17

Reaction score
my 2009 dragon with boondocker turbo on pump gas. Full 2013 walker evens coils, skinz front and rear bumper, pro shorty seat, mod rod hood vents and shock tower vents, slp footwell vents, Dan Adams fly bars, pro snow flap and some clutch work

Last edited:
Top Bottom