left hand throttle ( gold finger )

02 summit 700

Reaction score
any you guys had a left hand a left hand throttle iv herd likes and dis likes any insite

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
opinions are like ass holes. every one has one. I personally like the Gold finger. Definitely have to be aware that you have one. There is a safety pin that you insert to disable it if you want to.

mowsnow

Reaction score
I've got one on my 800. It's awesome when you haven't gotten the hang of carving yet. It boosts confidence when side-hilling, but there are some huge draw backs. The way it is set up to function frequently contributes to a perma-pinned throttle. If you get used to the right hand throttle in all situations, you can forget about it as mentioned and can phuk up. Also they tend to loosen over time resulting in an unresponsive loose throttle. Better to just figure it out righty.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled had one. Spent %85 of the time with the pin in It. you can't really
Use it for side hilling. It caused you to use the mountain bar, because if your holding the right side of the bar you mid aswell use that throttle. Plus
You shouldn't side hill holding the mountain bar.. The ONLY time that I felt it was useful was when your slowly going across hard pack on your left side and You couldn't actually lift the right hand ski, (because of the hard snow) so
You grab the mountain bar and lefty throttle (in this case it's alright to
Grab the mountain bar. But ya, wasn't really Worth it for Me, so I took it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
opinions are like ass holes. every one has one. I personally like the Gold finger. Definitely have to be aware that you have one. There is a safety pin that you insert to disable it if you want to.

I agree with pipes, having it and not needing it is better than needing it and not having it. I used to swear by it. it got me out of some pretty hairy places. two seasons ago I was rolling my sled over to get unstuck and I kicked the lefty by mistake and broke it off. This forced me to ride without it in the same places I would have used it and I am a better rider as a result.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep it lubed, use it when you need to, wear a tether shut off, just in case. i have one use it occasionally on sidehills or tree wells. it's up to u. some say it sticks = lack of lubrication and not having a tether.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep it lubed, use it when you need to, wear a tether shut off, just in case. i have one use it occasionally on sidehills or tree wells. it's up to u. some say it sticks = lack of lubrication and not having a tether.

How do you use it for sidehilling? Then you have to use the mountain bar in the middle? Just a question.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you use it for sidehilling? Then you have to use the mountain bar in the middle? Just a question.

I'm certain he means on hardpack (which is the only thing it's useful for). You wouldn't use it in deep snow sidehilling. I had one on my 09 M8, used it once then took it off. I found it was a waste of money.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm certain he means on hardpack (which is the only thing it's useful for). You wouldn't use it in deep snow sidehilling. I had one on my 09 M8, used it once then took it off. I found it was a waste of money.

Yea he must. Mountain bar is useless in the powder.

Top Bottom