Lay Offs

Reaction score
I stand corrected i have never delivered pizza and welfare will still be collecting more than their share for doing nothing as usual, i just get this real bad feeling in the pit of my gut that this spoiled brat we voted in is going to do so much harm with his spending it will be irreversible.

I honestly have NO idea how we will look back on this year or two, ten years from. I am certain though, that I've never had the government impact my life in any serious way, positive or negative, and I doubt that will change.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There may be other jobs, but historically nothing has paid so many people as well as oil and gas has. This extra income has undoubtedly created more demand for retail goods, and when that drops off, so will the retail jobs. Lots of small towns don't have any other primary industries besides maybe farming, and I don't think anyone in there right mind would try getting into that now lol. Sure we all knew about booms and busts when we chose our careers, but does choosing careers that at the time had plenty of jobs make us stupid? Plenty of guys "chose" careers 15-30 years ago and have been doing great up until now. You're right about plenty of people making do on 30k a year, but that's harder to do when you've been making say 100k for the last 5, and have a large mortgage on a house that's now worth nothing. In my neck of the woods 2 years ago it was basically impossible to buy a "cheap" house due to the area being overpopulated. And rent was 2k+ a month so what's a guy supposed to do? Live in a tent? Well I bought a overpriced house that's now worth way less than I paid (and no one is buying anyways) and I'm just hoping I don't lose my job cause if I do I'm screwed. I feel for the guys who have lost theirs, and feel bad for the people who don't know what empathy is. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are looking for heavy duty techs. We have branches in Calgary, Edmonton, lethbridge,Delta and soon PG. pm me

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heavy equipment tech. I'm looking in town, out of town, overseas, doesn't matter to me. If I can't find anything turning wrenches I'll run equipment, dig ditches, whatever. As long as my bills and mortgage are covered.
Found a few jobs in Saskatchewan if your not against going east including a potash mine paying $46/hr.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heavy equipment tech. I'm looking in town, out of town, overseas, doesn't matter to me. If I can't find anything turning wrenches I'll run equipment, dig ditches, whatever. As long as my bills and mortgage are covered.
Road construction will be rollin' next summer.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your a piece of work, you really don't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No sense arguing with this lacklustre assclown. He will never get it unless it's written on the side of a bong or the back of the gears of war case. He spent a pile of money on an education to work in a field that doesn't even pay enough to qualify for a mortgage yet looks down on the working man that makes an honest living just because they get paid more. He's a sharp piece of work.

It's almost impossible for anyone living within 25kms of any major city in this province to try and qualify for a mortgage on a 3+ bedroom house while supporting a family on $20/hr single income. Unless you can put 25% down cash. Even with awesome credit. Have a buddy that had to make a huge lifestyle change after an injury and then the latest slowdown in Alberta. And this is what all the lenders told him when tried to buy an extremely modest $250 000 house. His family is currently crammed into a crappy trailer they are renting. He has no debt, no more toys, doesn't drink and barely makes a living wage. He was a line locator and surveyor.

But I guess it's ok to rent forever and have nothing when your 70 like the binary code screename clown right? Easier to hate on those that want a little more from life than video games weed and no name cheetos.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am retired, and this election just scared the crap out of me i just had a sick feeling in my stomach that the young people where going to vote for this idiot who has never held down a job or have any clue what it is like to balance anything. Just unlimited money and unlimited spending for him his entire life, like he stated earlier a budget balances it self...and he truly believes that. I feel sorry for all the young people trying to pick up the pieces after this. Just look around the world and you will see what happens to countries where the debt get so massive it can no longer carry the weight of it. He not only is on a spending spree but he is biting the hand that is feeding him.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am retired, and this election just scared the crap out of me i just had a sick feeling in my stomach that the young people where going to vote for this idiot who has never held down a job or have any clue what it is like to balance anything. Just unlimited money and unlimited spending for him his entire life, like he stated earlier a budget balances it self...and he truly believes that. I feel sorry for all the young people trying to pick up the pieces after this. Just look around the world and you will see what happens to countries where the debt get so massive it can no longer carry the weight of it. He not only is on a spending spree but he is biting the hand that is feeding him.

excellent post, the best way to sum it up......LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS!!! if you dont have the cash, dont be spending cash, we are all going to pay for this......for a very, very, very long time.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly , over 30 years of paying and they covered me for 26 weeks , not the 52 that they said I was entitled to .
That's because the government thinks that there are many more jobs that you could be applying for and accepting. They haven't paid 52 weeks in Alberta for years. If you want EI for 52 weeks then you must reside in a "have not" province.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no difference in power losses between Natural Gas or coal fired plants because neither the coal nor gas are converted to electricity. Those fuels are used to fire boilers which in turn make steam which is used to spin turbines connected to generators which produce electricity. I can't seem to make the connection with massive losses because of transmission issues... Am I missing something? Did you mean that its more expensive to get the fuel (coal) to the boilers? If that's what you meant , then yes Natural gas requires less infrastructure but it still has nothing to do with transmission lines.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most everyone I know is taking cuts in one way or another. Be it hours , wages, benifets etc. If not out of work completely. Was reading last night that Trudeau now wants to change the tax rates for small business. That guy with the truck will sell it. Cause I'm in the same boat. All the chances taking and sacrifices to get ahead will be for naught. I know it's like pi@#ing in the wind but sure be nice to see government look at their own costs and readjust it. Get rid of the gold plated pension plans. Put their benifets back to realistic amounts along with the salaries. I know it's wishful thinking.......

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no difference in power losses between Natural Gas or coal fired plants because neither the coal nor gas are converted to electricity. Those fuels are used to fire boilers which in turn make steam which is used to spin turbines connected to generators which produce electricity. I can't seem to make the connection with massive losses because of transmission issues... Am I missing something? Did you mean that its more expensive to get the fuel (coal) to the boilers? If that's what you meant , then yes Natural gas requires less infrastructure but it still has nothing to do with transmission lines.
Not sure who you're replying to but coal plants are usually grouper together either near the coal or near a railway. Gas is almost everywhere and it's cheaper to send down a pipeline than to ship coal. That means gas fired boilers can be located all over the province, reducing electrical transmission fees and losses. I don't know about people close to the city but greater than half of my bill is transmission fees.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

And now he's throwing money all over the world, promising $billions to help foreign countries with pollution emissions..... but, he is convinced the budget will balance itself. Sad, so sad

Reaction score
We've had lower oil prices and harder times than this. Not even that long ago. Oil was worth less in 1988 under a conservative government.... somehow we survived, even thrived. And here we all are with shiny "new" toys.

Historical Oil Prices: InflationData.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alberta_general_elections

Governments come and go... I mostly don't care. I'll survive... I'll be employed. I even have a small sense of "excitement" over what new job I may have. I think I'd like to get in to carpentry maybe.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well our premier has run a surplus even after the massive debt the NDP strapped us with. And is building a Dam that will supply enough power for alberta at a cheaper rate i might add. Plus investing 100 million dollar in the tech industry. Time for change... lets vote her out.... i am sure we have enough of the same stupid people right here in BC to do just that.

Top Bottom