Lay Offs

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finning also closed 4 rental stores in the last few weeks . Hard times for sure
Ugh. hertz Equipment Rentals had a Black Tuesday.
Closed my branch and 4 others. 14% of their Canadian workforce let go.
So here I am, out of work in a town that is quickly turning into a ghost town.
Bye bye Medicine Hat.

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but it is going to get much worse, government induced lay offs to meet carbon emissions targets. Smart new policies at work. How is Quebec doing with this exorbitant spending spree? Or how about the CBC !!!, their news or lack of it has Alberta receiving 700 million from the liberal government...low oil prices, boom or bust economy. Honest reporting!! asking all the tough questions.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this does not help short term , but I would do every thing in my power to change the political direction we are headed !
Both provincial & federally .... It is quite clear now that is a priority to keep the energy sector on a downward spiral .This insures a low Canadian $ and prosperity in the east at the expense of the resource sector.

If Clinton gets in , things will get much worse / much worse....!
she despises the Canadian energy sector .
There is so much more our governments could be doing to " help out" ,and yet there answer is EI benefits !
What happens when they run out ? We need ways to get the product to market , $$$$ for tax deferral on mega projects , small buisness interest free loans ...... Etc etc.

To those who say that all politicians are the same , you are sadly mistaken, and this is going to be a LONG lesson !
Please be politically informed ... It's times like these that really show you how important the choices we made are ....
Good luck , and I hope we end up with new leaders such as mr Wall in Saskatchewan, who have our back !

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you rather take a 50% hit or get walking papers? Their stock has absolutely collapsed and they're pretty much out of assets to sell. Only a matter of time til they go tits from the look of things.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I've been affected twice by this down turn and the second time was a rate cut. No way could I afford to stay there with a 50% cut and I feel for those affected.
It maddens me, when I read stories like this and our govts are taking nice vacations and receiving pay increases.

Buster

Reaction score
All Engineering companies are decimated in Alberta, no other way to say it and not good for future projects,

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gary Suprovich, in spruce grove is sending all of his iron to Ritchie's. I was surprised at how many trailers they had!
ATK was into us for a lot of dough, not good.

Gary just wants out now while his equipment is worth something . Ritchie offered him a solid number for equipment so he got out

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was always taught that actions speak louder than words………. but then again gotta find somewhere to spend 90 grand of tax payers money.

Notley going on tv tonite for 15 minutes at 6:45pm on global and ctv to address the provinces plan at a cost of $90,000.00....

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TRI-CAN here in Hinton just announced a 50% pay cut for all employees. Perhaps a ploy to entice employees to quit therefore avoiding having to pay them severance? Lots of unemployed here also.

I'd just going in at 6 and sleep till noon!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TRI-CAN here in Hinton just announced a 50% pay cut for all employees. Perhaps a ploy to entice employees to quit therefore avoiding having to pay them severance? Lots of unemployed here also.
This is on top of the 15% wage cut they already took be pretty hard to live on 35% of what you were making 12-18 months for anyone

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gary just wants out now while his equipment is worth something . Ritchie offered him a solid number for equipment so he got out
with the exchange advantage the Americans have, they are paying top CDN dollar for our equipment. I'm not surprised Ritchies came up with a number to make him happy.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
with the exchange advantage the Americans have, they are paying top CDN dollar for our equipment. I'm not surprised Ritchies came up with a number to make him happy.
I wanted to watch the live feed of the CAT Auction last week but my new job actually has me working

Top Bottom