Lay Offs

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prices at Richies have been insane. Been looking to upsize excavator and trailer and maybe add a skidsteer, and prices are in some cases 10% higher then what I paid for my stuff a year ago. And pick ups? Forget about it, i'll go to the dealer and buy brand new for the same price as a few year old truck, and get 0% financing. Not even sure if I should waste my time going to the one later this month or not.

Been tempted to give them a call, see what they think my stuff will get. Even if stuff is going high i'm upgrading to more expensive stuff so it may work out. No reserve just scares me a bit.

Unless you have 50 of them to to put in Ritchie's , be careful. Your one item can be used to create hype. They sell yours first at a low price to get people hyped and bidding then people chase that same deal all day but so do 50 others.

Often the guy who bought yours knows the auctioneer!
I took a $6500 overhead electric 20t chain fall there figured I'd get $600 at least!
$50 and by the time I paid Ritchie's I think I walked away with just enough to buy lunch!...at McDonald's !
I got schooled !

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you have 50 of them to to put in Ritchie's , be careful. Your one item can be used to create hype. They sell yours first at a low price to get people hyped and bidding then people chase that same deal all day but so do 50 others.

I took a $6500 overhead electric 20t chain fall there figured I'd get $600 at least!
$50 and by the time I paid Ritchie's I think I walked away with just enough to buy lunch!...at McDonald's !
I got schooled !

I've actually never seen that on equipment at richie's, seems to be more knowledgeable people who will jump on a good deal. But I don't think I could take the risk, probably put it on kijiji and wait for it to sell.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oilfield Employment Programs (Make up to $100,000) | general labour | Lloydminster | Kijiji

These guy's should be kicked in the Ballz. Funny how their add doesn't say 100% employment Guarantee
like it always has before. 3 K for $4-500 worth of courses and almost zero chance at a job.
Erk's me that Kijiji let's them post an add (trying to sell something) in the JOB section.
It's a free country, but company's like this shouldn't be allowed to take advantage of stupid people.

Here I fixed it for them..........
" program consists of access to multiple industry employers, who have laid off most of their work force and used to look to hire our students. Graduates of our program USED TO work within drilling rigs, service rigs, frac operations, wireline, pipeline and skilled trade apprenticeships. NOW THEY ARE LUCKY TO WORK AT A CAR WASH OR SWEEP FLOOR'S AT TIM HORTON'S.

Last edited:

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I got schooled !
If your item was in that price range then it went on the silent auction. No way for your theory to happen. I have spent and sold alot at Ritchies over the years and frankly I think your way off base. I have never seen them turn down a bid. Ritchies runs a very good business and provides a valuable service. But the simple fact of the matter is it takes two people to create a bidding war and if your item doesnt attract peoples interest, your not going to get a good price.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
what are you hauling on it? looks pretty stiff for just a sprayer (just guessing at sprayer from the tires)
I have a cat 973c track loader, and my buddy's dad has a 20 ton hoe, they said they would pay me to move all the time. Plus just farm equipment, tractors, and farm related things.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cat 973c track loader, and my buddy's dad has a 20 ton hoe, they said they would pay me to move all the time. Plus just farm equipment, tractors, and farm related things.
ah gotcha. plenty of trailer for all that. just watch for clearance with that double drop, dragging the rails going straight isn't too bad as long as you have a bit of momentum, but if you're turning out of a steep approach, those rails digging into the pavement or gravel will stop you dead in your tracks. removing the neck is to unload is next to impossible when you aren't straight with the trailer. believe me, I know....lol

if it doesn't have an override valve for the bags, you might want to consider adding one just for those situations

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
ah gotcha. plenty of trailer for all that. just watch for clearance with that double drop, dragging the rails going straight isn't too bad as long as you have a bit of momentum, but if you're turning out of a steep approach, those rails digging into the pavement or gravel will stop you dead in your tracks. removing the neck is to unload is next to impossible when you aren't straight with the trailer. believe me, I know....lol

if it doesn't have an override valve for the bags, you might want to consider adding one just for those situations

I was just talking to my dad about getting a valve for that, especially to drop the bags when taking the neck off, right now it just has limiting chains so it can't overextend.

I'm not going to be doing any work in the city or anything so asphalt won't be a problem, towns around here are all gravel. I'll just detach and walk the machine in to where I do the job. I run a track loader as my full time job, I've walked a 755k over 10 blocks just going from job to job across asphalt through residential street in Regina. Sure gets a lot of looks, the amount of time and money that's saved by walking it sure makes it a better idea. Just have to be shy on the turning, make 5-6 point turns to get into the alleys or around corners if a guy has to.

Same goes for my machine, I have wider pads then the 755k but I weigh 6 tons more with my 973c, I'll bring some sheets of plywood if I have to so I don't mess up the asphalt/concrete.

So far I will just use my dads t600 with 525 n14 Cummins to pull my stuff around, and if needed we also have a belly dump gravel trailer I can borrow.

Right now I have the 973c, and this low bed(own half of right now).

I need to get a pup motor to run the hydraulics on my trailer, unsure of what to get, lots of single line wet kits out there, but don't the single line have high GPM, and low PSI, while my Lowboy needs a dual line, and then most lowboys run high psi and low gpm?

I have a 12hp horizontal shaft motor that's like brand new, but don't know what pump I would need to run it. Plus wtf the weird old connections are on the trailer, they look like huge air line connections you see on your home air compressor.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your item was in that price range then it went on the silent auction. No way for your theory to happen. I have spent and sold alot at Ritchies over the years and frankly I think your way off base. I have never seen them turn down a bid. Ritchies runs a very good business and provides a valuable service. But the simple fact of the matter is it takes two people to create a bidding war and if your item doesnt attract peoples interest, your not going to get a good price.

Re read??? I never once said they turn down a bid !

Every Ritchie's I've gone to I've seen this happen, granted it never does on the big stuff. But if you hang out in the tool and smaller stuff I've seen it tons. And yes I've bought and sold lots at Ritchie's too!

Top Bottom