Lay Offs

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please enlighten all of the nonintellectual rednecks what the facts are....... Without quoting Cbc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did just that...those are the facts.
What part is a quote from CBC? And if something is a quote does that remove it from being a fact?

You are kinda proving my point about the lack of intelligence. Sorry for your hurt feelings. Take a big drink from your sippy-cup and go have a nap.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The liberals are hell bent on destroying your oil and gas industry any way they can. Lets see if they treat bombardier the same way....bailouts anyone.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The liberals are hell bent on destroying your oil and gas industry any way they can. Lets see if they treat bombardier the same way....bailouts anyone.

The worse oil and gas does the lower the dollar goes, making it better for manufacturing, the west does poor an the east does good, and which part of Canada voted for these goons? Oh and I highly suspect bombardier will be bailed out.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The worse oil and gas does the lower the dollar goes, making it better for manufacturing, the west does poor an the east does good, and which part of Canada voted for these goons? Oh and I highly suspect bombardier will be bailed out.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it seems the east coast is allowed to have oil tankers.... the west coast must not have them.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And BC has mine tailings ponds with dikes that fail dumping thousands of tons of toxic waste into waterbodies, but spill a couple barrels of oil from a pipeline and everyone looses their minds.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart new technologies is suppose to be on the agenda for alberta reducing green house gases for all of Canada. Both Notley and Trudeau are on the same page with this one. "Smart" new technologies, nothing stupid about that.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What was Harper doing to keep it alive? Didn't see many major purposed pipelines built..... If you were able to look past your nose you would see it's a global thing not just restricted to Canada. In the grand scheme Canada is a small market.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 4 years time your going to see how good Harper was, I did not see him taking his full pension money he had coming. Hugh debts is what you have to look forward too.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was Harper doing to keep it alive? Didn't see many major purposed pipelines built..... If you were able to look past your nose you would see it's a global thing not just restricted to Canada. In the grand scheme Canada is a small market.

He didn't ban oil tankers on the west coast for one, regardless of the viability of northern gateway there will now be no further pipeline proposals to ship crude to the northwest coast of BC. He also wants a review of Energy East. Not to mention the environmental legislation he is planning to propose. Oil and Gas is hurting bad as is, this is going to break the camels back. I think Alberta is about to experiance a recession unlike any we have seen before.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He didn't ban oil tankers on the west coast for one, regardless of the viability of northern gateway there will now be no further pipeline proposals to ship crude to the northwest coast of BC. He also wants a review of Energy East. Not to mention the environmental legislation he is planning to propose. Oil and Gas is hurting bad as is, this is going to break the camels back. I think Alberta is about to experiance a recession unlike any we have seen before.

Actually your wrong, Super Tankers were banned from the BC coast the entire time of Harpers rule.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinder Morgan has been shipping oil to Vancouver for years, so has BP. If tankers aren't allowed on the west coast where is the oil going?

maybe take 3 seconds out of your life and read the link.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Smart new technologies is suppose to be on the agenda for alberta reducing green house gases for all of Canada. Both Notley and Trudeau are on the same page with this one. "Smart" new technologies, nothing stupid about that.
Yep. Because us humans are changing the climate.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've read studies from credible sources that disagree. The average global temperature has risen and fallen regularly over time from ice ages to periods of extreme heat globally, there have been time periods when there was zero ice, not even at the caps and human production of CO2 has been from the industrial revolution forward, way too small of a window to garner any credible facts.

Do I believe we can do better? yes, do I believe it will make a difference in the big picture? No...... To believe that we (humans) have the ability to permanently alter the environment is arrogant. We can impact it in the short term which will effect future generations of humans but eventually the earth will do away with us and in short order there will be very little evidence we humans ever existed.

Actually we are, there is a pretty consistent correlation between atmospheric CO2 concentrations and average global temperatures.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've read studies from credible sources that disagree. The average global temperature has risen and fallen regularly over time from ice ages to periods of extreme heat globally, there have been time periods when there was zero ice, not even at the caps and human production of CO2 has been from the industrial revolution forward, way too small of a window to garner any credible facts.

Do I believe we can do better? yes, do I believe it will make a difference in the big picture? No...... To believe that we (humans) have the ability to permanently alter the environment is arrogant. We can impact it in the short term which will effect future generations of humans but eventually the earth will do away with us and in short order there will be very little evidence we humans ever existed.

There are a lot of factors, solar output is a big one as it varies gradually, or changes in earths orbit around the sun etc. But long term global climate does vary at the same rate as CO2 concentrations, the hard part to know for certain is whether the CO2 concentrations are causing the temperature changes or vice versa. I'm talking over tens of thousands of years just to be clear, we can't gain any useful long term information over a couples decades of measurements. But I do find it very difficult to believe that dumping billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere has zero effect on the climate.

Top Bottom