Lay Offs

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
When you say billions of tons it sounds like a lot, but it needs to be kept in perspective. The total concentration of C02 in our atmosphere from all sources is 400ppm. That equates to .04%. Only 3-4% of this C02 comes from man made sources. So..only .0016% of the atmosphere is our contribution. 99.9984% of the atmosphere is stuff we can do nothing about. Clouds and water vapour have a far greater effect on climate than C02 and cannot be accurately modelled.

That being said, I think most people are in one camp or the other and are inflexible. But if you have an open mind this is a great article from the perspective of someone who changed their mind, like I did. Tons of links, graphs, and peer reviews science to back up his position. Its a quick read.

https://medium.com/@pullnews/what-i...hange-the-science-is-not-settled-1e3ae4712ace

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess a motion for more co2 flood plants in Alberta needs to be put infront of the govt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Al Gore is making a ton of money off of this, to bad his house has such a large carbon foot print, believe your own preaching man. I just can't figure out how redwood trees could grow in the north pole or why Viking's built their fences under 25 feet of ice.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually we are, there is a pretty consistent correlation between atmospheric CO2 concentrations and average global temperatures.
you do know for the last 10 years there has been no measured global increase in temperature, right? something every man-made climate change prediction and model has missed predicting. I wonder why that is

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you do know for the last 10 years there has been no measured global increase in temperature, right? something every man-made climate change prediction and model has missed predicting. I wonder why that is
And how long has this planet been around vs how long has this been measured. The globe warmed up alittle long before man started using fossil fuels.
Funny how people like suzuki get rich off their propoganda

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you guys need some redwood firewood head 2000-3000 kilometers north to the north pole. It still burns...what the hell. This will put global warming into perspective in a hurry......or at least it should.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
And you're right; all this global warming and emissions bs has made people rich.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That's a real good link....... I started into it, but will have to wait until I have more time to read through it all. First impressions is that the guy has done his research and gone out of his way to remain un-bias

When you say billions of tons it sounds like a lot, but it needs to be kept in perspective. The total concentration of C02 in our atmosphere from all sources is 400ppm. That equates to .04%. Only 3-4% of this C02 comes from man made sources. So..only .0016% of the atmosphere is our contribution. 99.9984% of the atmosphere is stuff we can do nothing about. Clouds and water vapour have a far greater effect on climate than C02 and cannot be accurately modelled.

That being said, I think most people are in one camp or the other and are inflexible. But if you have an open mind this is a great article from the perspective of someone who changed their mind, like I did. Tons of links, graphs, and peer reviews science to back up his position. Its a quick read.

https://medium.com/@pullnews/what-i...hange-the-science-is-not-settled-1e3ae4712ace

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does not matter. Trudeau will not read it, neither will Notley. Expect massive layoffs in oil and gas...soon. Followed by the inevitable secondary industries. Then stores next. Smart new technologies are suppose to save you ....ha ha ..wtf

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And how long has this planet been around vs how long has this been measured. The globe warmed up alittle long before man started using fossil fuels.
Funny how people like suzuki get rich off their propoganda
we're on the tail end of the planet's 4th measured ice age. three times previous the north and south pole have been free of ice. but now it's our fault? riiight...

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447709442.525510.jpg

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is as good as the 1/2 ton with a deck thread.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right spend more $$$ in the meantime . Your revenue is decreasing and your debt is the highest it has ever been in Alberta's history .... But hey don't worryand one day it will turn around.... I like that .

anyone remember the NDP in the 90\s in BC... three terms drove a province wiht good revenue into the ground...NDP help their big union friends and minority groups... wait till the money just disapears in foreign investments and no one has a answer... then someone voted in a strong minded guy and he fixed things up... as soon as they leveled off we all pissed on him so he left... Harper walked us through a deprssion which was suppose to be worse then the dirty 30's we thanked him by voting in an idiot with no resume! F*** Canadians are either too stupid or have it too good to care

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So much for the 3 billion dollar surplus. Trudeau has turned it into a 3 billion dollars deficit in just a very short time. Blaming it on a unforeseen bad economy. But with this kind of spending everyone will be working in no time. Better hurry though or you might be taking 2nd place to the 25000 refugees.

Last edited:
Top Bottom