Lay Offs

canadiancon

Reaction score
I was working for Wajax in Fort McKay, at the shell site, I quit and came back to logging in BC when oil was 70$ a barrel. Best decision I ever made. Wouldn't go back to that god forsaken place if oil was 10000$ a barrel

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont live there but make a good living there.
So tiresome hearing the full on bitch about a place wen u no longer need it.
Guaranteed there was a time where u counted on and needed the ****hole in some form or another

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was working for Wajax in Fort McKay, at the shell site, I quit and came back to logging in BC when oil was 70$ a barrel. Best decision I ever made. Wouldn't go back to that god forsaken place if oil was 10000$ a barrel

Without a doubt ur one of the workers from elsewhere thinkn theyre over qualified and sour that they got a go home slip.
Youd never go back? Lol. Ur just part of a long list thats on the "useless no call back" but think they have more to offer than they actually do

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt ur one of the workers from elsewhere thinkn theyre over qualified and sour that they got a go home slip.
Youd never go back? Lol. Ur just part of a long list thats on the "useless no call back" but think they have more to offer than they actually do

boofrickenhooo. there is a world outside the patch, and frankly a very good world. One thing the patch did was breed a whole bunch of self entitled douche bags.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But the real question is, "have you seen any guys riding their bikes carrying snap on tool boxes at 5AM?" Lol

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if I did. And if I did I would just think to myself "rough times for that mechanic, musta got his service truck repossessed"

canadiancon

Reaction score

Hahaha in case you mis read, I quit, I'm a ticketed Heavy Duty Mechanic, no lay offs happened there, I left on my own terms.
I have never worked anywhere that had so many useless and lazy people that called themselves adults. Everyone was making 150k plus and all they did is bitch and complain, and never wanted to do any work. No one actually knew how to fix anything, they were more worried about the next coffee break.

All Fort Mac/Fort McKay breed are a bunch of self entitled babies, that couldn't take their skills any other place because they didn't actually learn anything. Don't get me wrong there were some good tradesman up there, but they were few and far between.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Big assumption, they're probably keeping you cause of your great attitude and personality. LOL

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boofrickenhooo. there is a world outside the patch, and frankly a very good world. One thing the patch did was breed a whole bunch of self entitled douche bags.

You take a bunch of guys who should have been bagging groceries back home and give them 150K jobs, this is what happens.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ill own it, yissir i did. Happy i dont have any exes numbers, imagine those drunk txts lol
Bit of an a-hole came out when i was bored reading all the whining.
This is Rep worthy :rolling:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

True but It's not just the oil patch that breeds that. Seen just as many in Kelowna and Regina... Everyone just blames the patch too easily.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Oil industry is just another 'industry' like lumber, mines, farming and dams.
All of them have haters and all of them have hard working folks making a living. I remember 10 years ago when the coal mines went south and Grande Cache, AB was the loneliest place in Alberta. Or how about when the steel industry went south in Ontario, Mad Cow disease, the US financial crisis that almost sucked Canada down into the depths and the softwood issues with the US.
It happens to every place and every industry some point in time, just wait.
Those that post "Loud Mouth'' criticisms of the people or of any industry in troubled times remind of some young folks that have never lost a house, truck or a small business due to a lack of work. Or maybe its from the guys that never ever did get enough of it together to buy a house or start up your own business. Or maybe its just some idiot that has nothing nice to say.
Karma is a bi'otch and when it hits, it hurts. So play nice.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
there is a big radio campaign right now by Suncor for the Fort Hills Project, looking for Heavy Equipment Operators and all sorts of stuff, 14 & 14 Fly in/Fly Out.

Suncor.com
Just looked through a few couldn't find thing but 7on 7off. I've been at the same place for 7 years now. Don't even have medical, dental, or anything. No vacation. And it's getting to be more and more of a headache for my $25 an hour. I'd have to relocate to Calgary or Edmonton. Difficult decisions to be made. Maybe just sit on EI for a bit since I paid into it for 7 years.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked through a few couldn't find thing but 7on 7off. I've been at the same place for 7 years now. Don't even have medical, dental, or anything. No vacation. And it's getting to be more and more of a headache for my $25 an hour. I'd have to relocate to Calgary or Edmonton. Difficult decisions to be made. Maybe just sit on EI for a bit since I paid into it for 7 years.
Don't count on EI. I paid into it for 26 years and never used it. Laid off in July and they wouldn't cover me until November. So check it out ASAP if you're getting laid off so you know what you will and won't get.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom