Kx450f opinions.

jawehner1419

Reaction score
So I'm looking to get an 09 or new kx450f(because efi for the year). I am about 5'7" and 160-170lbs. I will be riding in fields and some 48" wide trails that you can't go to fast because they are so loopy and awkward(like 1st or 2nd. 3rd at most). So I am wondering if this is the right bike or if I am way out of the ball park. I was looking at the klx but that is carbed and people say it is big and clunky to ride and way less power. My main concern with the kx is that is might get to hot and overheat going so slowly. What do you guys think?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of 10's and we ride them in similar conditions and at all kinds of speeds and haven't had overheat problems. The efi is definitely the way to go. 450 is nice and smooth putting along and full of get up and go when you grab a hand full. Very fun bike. Might be interested in selling one of mine come spring.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my kx 2011 and ride what your thinking u will ride. only time it gets to hot is when im following those lame asses on those 4 wheeled things. So I usually leave them in the dust and take a few more breaks while they catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom