Polaris ambassadors are saying the NA is the way to go!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
How exciting would it be if the terrain never let you get into the boost and the extra weight and big running boards got you stuck every 5 minutes? To be fair it is not always like this but when it is I don't want to be on a turbo or the guy pulling the ski.

I think you are still dreaming in the parking lot, ha ha. Ya the boost don't work until you turn it on.... :)
Also Kilometers and days you have ridden the ski-doo turbo?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I call BS. Been riding in that type of terrain and the turbo doo is not waiting to spool up. And the NA Polaris is not leading the way. Unless your buddie riding the doo isnt a good a rider as the 3 Polaris guys. Put capable guy on the turbo doo, and there is no stock NA competition period.

BOOM!

You're just embarrassing yourself. Sorry.

My buddy is a decent rider with more than 45 days per season. And how could he have got way faster on a straight up climb if he was a better rider? When he has a bad day it's mostly the sleds fault or the terrain, not him. Me on the other hand?? I was upside down in the trees too much the last couple of weeks and I can't blame the sled as the other Polaris sleds had the rubber side down.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really have the time today for this, so i'll make it short and sweet. I'm sure there will be an answer that will please BRP eyes from certain spokes people.
It wasn't that long ago that 165hp at elevation was a mod. Yes with innovations and improvement in sled designs that closed up the gap.
It is reasonable to know handling a high HP sled at low elevation in the prairies on flat surfaces is NOT like handling that same high HP(making the same power) sled in a gnarly, vertical slopes and terrain with many natural hazards, essentially elevation riding. That's a no brainer.
A new rider at low elevation style riding can concentrate on their riding, which is essential in learning. At elevation though AWARENESS is crucial or thing happen and fast. I'm blown away but not surprised by the info being put out by a BRP spokes person, i could not advocate such info. to me it makes no sense and its disappointing that the Turbo Doo is being sold that way.
My question to these so called advocate, where do you draw the line for a new comer into the sport. 165hp at elevation is ok for a new rider today YOU SAY but by tomorrow is 180hp ok too, how about 200hp or 250hp. Tell me where does BRP say this is NOT for a new rider?????

I say 165hp at elevation is NOT for a new rider, 140hp (N/A 800-850)at elevation is plenty to wet a new riders appetite to find out if they would like the jump to a 165hp at elevation style riding. Advocating that this is what you need or else you'll regret it and be stuck all the time shows the lack of real life experience these advocate have.
JMO and years of observation.

Now how about that line of responsibility?
God my SAR's commander would have a shet fit over this.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warren here.
I am a Polaris Ambassador.
I do not get free sleds.(I think I read that somewhere in the last 11 pages)
I live in the prairies and have a Boost 165 on order.
I am a flatlander that buys mountain snowmobiles.
I will not tell anyone that they should buy a NA before a Boost.......Nope, Never. That would be dumb.
Do I need Boost, probably not. Do I want Boost? You bet.

Boost availability is regulated by parts available to build these units. Nothing More, Nothing less.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes exact same skis. Freeriders and park skiers have the same skis as the pro. FIS downhill racers are limited to old technology for sidecut. You don't know what your talking about referencing alpine skis. Norona does.

which exact same one are you referring to ???
Copied and pasted :
There are 5 main types of alpine skis – Sport Models, Carving Skis, All-Mountain Skis, Racing Skis, and Twin Tip Skis. Sport Models: Sport models are soft flexing and have a moderate side cut. They are designed to make turning easier for beginner and intermediate skiers.

If you want to ski fast, go with a longer pair. Terrain: If your favorite hill is dominated by narrow, twisty trails, look at shorter skis. They're better at quickly maneuvering into tight turns. If you only ski open slopes or mostly ski ungroomed snow, then consider longer skis

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I call BS. Been riding in that type of terrain and the turbo doo is not waiting to spool up. And the NA Polaris is not leading the way. Unless your buddie riding the doo isnt a good a rider as the 3 Polaris guys. Put capable guy on the turbo doo, and there is no stock NA competition period.

BOOM!

Ive already decided the snow and terrain in Nelson must be like nothing else in western canada or US because he experiences things that just aren't seen around my parts. LOLOL

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Copied and pasted :
There are 5 main types of alpine skis – Sport Models, Carving Skis, All-Mountain Skis, Racing Skis, and Twin Tip Skis. Sport Models: Sport models are soft flexing and have a moderate side cut. They are designed to make turning easier for beginner and intermediate skiers.

If you want to ski fast, go with a longer pair. Terrain: If your favorite hill is dominated by narrow, twisty trails, look at shorter skis. They're better at quickly maneuvering into tight turns. If you only ski open slopes or mostly ski ungroomed snow, then consider longer skis

A little off topic

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warren here.
I am a Polaris Ambassador.
I do not get free sleds.(I think I read that somewhere in the last 11 pages)
I live in the prairies and have a Boost 165 on order.
I am a flatlander that buys mountain snowmobiles.
I will not tell anyone that they should buy a NA before a Boost.......Nope, Never. That would be dumb.
Do I need Boost, probably not. Do I want Boost? You bet.

Boost availability is regulated by parts available to build these units. Nothing More, Nothing less.

Thanks warren, Good honest repsonse

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really have the time today for this, so i'll make it short and sweet. I'm sure there will be an answer that will please BRP eyes from certain spokes people.
It wasn't that long ago that 165hp at elevation was a mod. Yes with innovations and improvement in sled designs that closed up the gap.
It is reasonable to know handling a high HP sled at low elevation in the prairies on flat surfaces is NOT like handling that same high HP(making the same power) sled in a gnarly, vertical slopes and terrain with many natural hazards, essentially elevation riding. That's a no brainer.
A new rider at low elevation style riding can concentrate on their riding, which is essential in learning. At elevation though AWARENESS is crucial or thing happen and fast. I'm blown away but not surprised by the info being put out by a BRP spokes person, i could not advocate such info. to me it makes no sense and its disappointing that the Turbo Doo is being sold that way.
My question to these so called advocate, where do you draw the line for a new comer into the sport. 165hp at elevation is ok for a new rider today YOU SAY but by tomorrow is 180hp ok too, how about 200hp or 250hp. Tell me where does BRP say this is NOT for a new rider?????

I say 165hp at elevation is NOT for a new rider, 140hp (N/A 800-850)at elevation is plenty to wet a new riders appetite to find out if they would like the jump to a 165hp at elevation style riding. Advocating that this is what you need or else you'll regret it and be stuck all the time shows the lack of real life experience these advocate have.
JMO and years of observation.

Now how about that line of responsibility?
God my SAR's commander would have a shet fit over this.

I took out 2 BRP ( spider, can am) salesmen that had never been on a snowmobile before for 3 long days. We started them on the 850T as we did not have Lund approved snowmobiles for beginners available. They had a blast, they are HOOKED, no one got hurt and we will probably do it again. I agree with the statement that its more to do with the type of person than anything. There is a certain personality that will likely get hurt on a 600cc summit more than a another type of person on an 850T. To say starting someone out on an 850T is dangerous and irresponsible is wrong IMO. Oh, and their riding improved 10 fold in 3 days.

would i lend my 850T to a green rider to go out by themselves and figure it out. No, Absolutely not.

The 850T is a powerful machine, is it dangerous? Far from.

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to post something about how awesome my N/A alpha is but I’m too busy trying to stick 10 wieners in my mouth...

alarm.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon4.gif

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Copied and pasted :

Big mountain free ride The biggest stiffest you can get. Point was you can buy what the pros ride. That is what Dave said and you dis agreed but it is true.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took out 2 BRP ( spider, can am) salesmen that had never been on a snowmobile before for 3 long days. We started them on the 850T as we did not have Lund approved snowmobiles for beginners available. They had a blast, they are HOOKED, no one got hurt and we will probably do it again. I agree with the statement that its more to do with the type of person than anything. There is a certain personality that will likely get hurt on a 600cc summit more than a another type of person on an 850T. To say starting someone out on an 850T is dangerous and irresponsible is wrong IMO. Oh, and their riding improved 10 fold in 3 days.

would i lend my 850T to a green rider to go out by themselves and figure it out. No, Absolutely not.

The 850T is a powerful machine, is it dangerous? Far from.

Hey, what is a Lund approved sled?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, what is a Lund approved sled?

1999-2002 Fan Cooled ZX chassis with trailing arms ( so you can learn to ride like he did )

Dont forget to get the stamp on your wrist that will allow you to move to the next stage.

2000-2003 Summit zx LIQUID COOLED 600 Summit.

at this point you must take a 3 day training course before proceeding to the snowmobile you actually want.

Top Bottom