Polaris ambassadors are saying the NA is the way to go!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fu@$ did this get off topic lol. just got caught up on the last 5 pages so let me sum this up so know one else has to waste there time. If you are a mountain rider and you don't have a turbo you are... number 1 broke.. 2 a new rider.. 3 your wife said know..

4 your just gay. Any mountain rider would have more fun on a turbo, any brand, any kit, anytime and those who say nooooooo not me quit lying to yourself. I tried to ride a NA sled in 2019 after 11 years of boosted sleds... and 10 wieners in your mouth gay... COME ON !!

I'm category number 1 AND 3..

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
To be fair , how do you think it would have worked if she had started on a boosted heavier sled ? Think she’d have learned as fast , got stuck more , wrecked more stuff ? Think every motorcycle rider should start on a full dresser ? Think every skier should start on black diamond runs ?

actually when you ski you ski on the same skis a pro would ski on, but on a smaller hill, same with a beginner using a turbo ski doo, they will use it less to its potential in both cases but it will still help them both.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
to be fair, we were discussing turbo/na sleds in general, as per the title, I did find it interesting how the topic went to doo tho.

we were actually talking about a factory turbo , which is why I brought it up, i would easily give a beginner a ski doo turbo, I have many times in clinics with brand new riders, I would NOT give those same riders an aftermarket turbo, there is an extreme difference, and ski doo currently makes the only one so that is why I used that point.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you still running the twin track?

I rode it for 4 years and it was a blast to ride in the deep pow,but don’t always get the deep stuff every trip.It wasn’t the best trail sled out there
lol! In all honesty I needed this Beast when I was 30 not 50,it was a itch I had to scratch after seeing the Skidoo Nordic 50 (Made in Finland) crawl around in Deep Pow in the 80’s.

I was also dealing with a shoulder injury ( Yes from Sledding) so electric start was on the next Sled,first stock sled I ever owned riding in the mountains 13 XM,currently on a 175 .

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To summarize if you can't pay cash for a turbo your are poor and are going to have a horrible time on a n/a sled and won't be able to ago anywhere.
37588095aeb9c6bf1c5dbcd91ca989f0.jpg

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually when you ski you ski on the same skis a pro would ski on, but on a smaller hill, same with a beginner using a turbo ski doo, they will use it less to its potential in both cases but it will still help them both.

Really ? Same length , same stiffness, same width , parabolic lines. Not in reality, but yes they are both skis but as different as comparing a downhill slalom ski to a rental , like comparing a 600 , 165 to an 800 T , 165 . Both skis , both sleds.
But anyway , I get you’re just doing your job . As expected.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agree with these statements. Heres a story. My 120lb girlfriend rides a skidoo Factory turbo. It has made her hands down a better and more confident rider. Not to mention she gets a much bigger thrill out of this machine. She is stuck less and has a smile on her face more. She has been on the snow a few seasons now however so is not a new rider. If you have zero snowmobile experience for sure NA may be the way to start off, as mentioned you need to understand how to handle a powerful machine like this with basic skills under your belt first.

But like mentioned above, if your a seasoned mountain rider and your saying you don't need it. Its only for these reason, because you are telling yourself you don't, you haven't tried it, or its not in the budget.

agreed with dave it has zero drawbacks..Other than fuel and oil if you consider that a drawback to happiness LOL!!

Wow, put her on a N/A Polaris and you won't keep up with her.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having less power, and a excellent chassis will push a rider to learn how to make a sled work to their advantage.
Example. A turbo will climb up and over a hill, where a NA sled will push the rider to be more fluent and efficient, and learn how get to the top of the hill using skill, and techniques. Thinking back to my progress, if I had a sled that would climb everything, what would I have learned?

I agree with everything you said, but also I think a more capable machine (turbo, newer chassis, longer track, etc) can improve your riding skills quicker than trying how to "master" a POS.

My one buddy was a combination of scared and lazy of trying anything on his first mountain sled because he didnt want to get stuck lol Next season he dropped $6k on a Redline kit and I was thinking along the lines of some of the replies in here "hE cANt eVeN RiDE hIs StoCKeR tO fuLly PotENiaL". That turbo gave him the confidence to pull off challenging lines and he developed exponentially in just one season on boost. He is back on a stocker now cause the mod life (always wrenching life) wasnt for him lol

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I go sledding for the week and 9 pages of this pop up. Here is the thing. Yes power is fun and flying a 747 with huge power would be a blast but flying a little fighter jet with way less power would be even better. It's just that some prefer light weight, simplicity and lower price when throwing a sled around all day. Most of the Polaris Ambassadors are the type to go hard and not chute climb all day. When we rode with Chris Burandt he told us the turbo usually only comes out when the cameras are rolling. For those few guys that ride above 10,000 ft regularly I do see the advantage, but most of us don't.

This week we lined up 3 Polaris 850's against a friends T850 Doo in an untouched cutblock at about 6500 ft. We raced uphill. All the 3 Polaris N/A sleds were to the top first. The race was too short for the Ski-doo to catch up, but it may have if the race was super long. Our riding style normally consists of short blasts in deep powder in heavily treed areas. The sleds that can pop on top the snow and get moving the fastest rules the terrain, not the heavy long distance runners.

Now when stuck it's a whole new ballgame. 50lbs extra at altitude feels like 200 when trying to lift them out.

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really ? Same length , same stiffness, same width , parabolic lines.

Yes exact same skis. Freeriders and park skiers have the same skis as the pro. FIS downhill racers are limited to old technology for sidecut. You don't know what your talking about referencing alpine skis. Norona does.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I go sledding for the week and 9 pages of this pop up. Here is the thing. Yes power is fun and flying a 747 with huge power would be a blast but flying a little fighter jet with way less power would be even better. It's just that some prefer light weight, simplicity and lower price when throwing a sled around all day. Most of the Polaris Ambassadors are the type to go hard and not chute climb all day. When we rode with Chris Burandt he told us the turbo usually only comes out when the cameras are rolling. For those few guys that ride above 10,000 ft regularly I do see the advantage, but most of us don't.

watching chris burandt NA videos is incredibly boring, if i wanted to watch someone struggle going across a sidehill all day long i would bring my bravo longtracks into the alpine. Watching his Turbo videos is pretty exciting. Riding a factory turbo is exciting.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
watching chris burandt NA videos is incredibly boring, if i wanted to watch someone struggle going across a sidehill all day long i would bring my bravo longtracks into the alpine. Watching his Turbo videos is pretty exciting. Riding a factory turbo is exciting.

How exciting would it be if the terrain never let you get into the boost and the extra weight and big running boards got you stuck every 5 minutes? To be fair it is not always like this but when it is I don't want to be on a turbo or the guy pulling the ski.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How exciting would it be if the terrain never let you get into the boost and the extra weight and big running boards got you stuck every 5 minutes? To be fair it is not always like this but when it is I don't want to be on a turbo or the guy pulling the ski.

That sounds like a terrible time. you can keep that terrain for yourself LOL

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I call BS. Been riding in that type of terrain and the turbo doo is not waiting to spool up. And the NA Polaris is not leading the way. Unless your buddie riding the doo isnt a good a rider as the 3 Polaris guys. Put capable guy on the turbo doo, and there is no stock NA competition period.

BOOM!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Really ? Same length , same stiffness, same width , parabolic lines. Not in reality, but yes they are both skis but as different as comparing a downhill slalom ski to a rental , like comparing a 600 , 165 to an 800 T , 165 . Both skis , both sleds.
But anyway , I get you’re just doing your job . As expected.

You have just proved you know nothing about my job, nor too much about skis. The original post is pretty simple, if the polaris ambassadors are all on NA sleds next year then we know all is to be true, but if they are all riding turbo's, then they are just trying to sell sleds after selling out of the limited number of turbos in a very poorly thought out sales roll out. I field lots of calls with riders, the ski-doo turbo is the best tool to own in the backcountry if you are a ski-doo rider period, the only reason not to own one is the cost, and that is a huge important factor for many riders, we all have an amount we would spend on a sled, it does not mean you are cheap, or don't have the money, it means you have a set of parameters that the turbo does fit into. (Example:I would rather spend money on my family than a turbo. ) Which is smart. Like when the G4 came out, there were lots of guys who continued to run the xm, I always said and continue to encourage people to own what fits in their parameters and just dont ride the G4, as you will want one if you do. I still know lots of guys who are riding an xm they just bought for 6 grand, sled ski every weekend and ride on the super deep days and have a ton of fun. The Turbo is the same, you will have a blast on a NA sled in the new g4, same with a short tunnel or not, but the top of the line sled is where all the improvements are to make everything easier and better. You do not need any specific sled to have fun, but if you want the best ski-doo in the mountains it is a turbo, it does not matter what you ride, tight trees, steep and deep or anything in between, it is better in every way. If the polaris turbo runs similar to the ski doo turbo, by that i mean no lag, easy to handle, just as reliable then it will be the same for polaris riders, it will be the best and easiest sled to ride for those consumers. My Job , just so you know is to remind you to have as much fun as possible, and help consumers purchase the right sled for them, where they ride, what they enjoy, what is in their budget. I have lots of people say to me looking between a 154 NA expert or 165 NA expert, I DO NOT try to sell that person a turbo, he or she has set their parameters and I want them to have the best knowledge to make their own decision, so they can have the most fun! Its all about FUN and I am VERY good at my job. :) Ski-Doo is benefiting from the limited delivery of Polaris Turbo snowchecks, as guys who want a turbo, and can't get one from polaris, are now coming over and buying one they can get from ski-doo, this is happening a lot more than people know, and the NA push from polaris is also proof. :) Just wondering how many days and kilometers you have put on the Ski-Doo Turbo, just factual numbers is all we need in the reply, thanks!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

He does some impressive stuff on n/a sled at grizzly lodge. Obviously the elevation is lower.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes exact same skis. Freeriders and park skiers have the same skis as the pro. FIS downhill racers are limited to old technology for sidecut. You don't know what your talking about referencing alpine skis. Norona does.
LOL , Ok ������

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have just proved you know nothing about my job, nor too much about skis. The original post is pretty simple, if the polaris ambassadors are all on NA sleds next year then we know all is to be true, but if they are all riding turbo's, then they are just trying to sell sleds after selling out of the limited number of turbos in a very poorly thought out sales roll out. I field lots of calls with riders, the ski-doo turbo is the best tool to own in the backcountry if you are a ski-doo rider period, the only reason not to own one is the cost, and that is a huge important factor for many riders, we all have an amount we would spend on a sled, it does not mean you are cheap, or don't have the money, it means you have a set of parameters that the turbo does fit into. (Example:I would rather spend money on my family than a turbo. ) Which is smart. Like when the G4 came out, there were lots of guys who continued to run the xm, I always said and continue to encourage people to own what fits in their parameters and just dont ride the G4, as you will want one if you do. I still know lots of guys who are riding an xm they just bought for 6 grand, sled ski every weekend and ride on the super deep days and have a ton of fun. The Turbo is the same, you will have a blast on a NA sled in the new g4, same with a short tunnel or not, but the top of the line sled is where all the improvements are to make everything easier and better. You do not need any specific sled to have fun, but if you want the best ski-doo in the mountains it is a turbo, it does not matter what you ride, tight trees, steep and deep or anything in between, it is better in every way. If the polaris turbo runs similar to the ski doo turbo, by that i mean no lag, easy to handle, just as reliable then it will be the same for polaris riders, it will be the best and easiest sled to ride for those consumers. My Job , just so you know is to remind you to have as much fun as possible, and help consumers purchase the right sled for them, where they ride, what they enjoy, what is in their budget. I have lots of people say to me looking between a 154 NA expert or 165 NA expert, I DO NOT try to sell that person a turbo, he or she has set their parameters and I want them to have the best knowledge to make their own decision, so they can have the most fun! Its all about FUN and I am VERY good at my job. :) Ski-Doo is benefiting from the limited delivery of Polaris Turbo snowchecks, as guys who want a turbo, and can't get one from polaris, are now coming over and buying one they can get from ski-doo, this is happening a lot more than people know, and the NA push from polaris is also proof. :) Just wondering how many days and kilometers you have put on the Ski-Doo Turbo, just factual numbers is all we need in the reply, thanks!

Holy mackerel !! As i said , just doing your job , as expected .

Top Bottom