Polaris ambassadors are saying the NA is the way to go!

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_5040.PNG

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    118 KB · Views: 425

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to post something about how awesome my N/A alpha is but I’m too busgreat y trying to stick 10 wieners in my mouth...

Actually the Alpha is an incredible machine only it takes a really good rider to get the most out of it.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1999-2002 Fan Cooled ZX chassis with trailing arms

Your downplaying the Fan Cooled Sleds again,Jim Kuster ,Carl’s Dad rescued some guys with high powered sleds that could not climb out of Sketchy area in one of the low traffic riding areas.Jim was on a 340 Longtrack Indy Lite equipped with plastic paddles he made them a long gradually track to follow to get out of the Bowl.The guys were very happy and a little embarrassed with this stranger that helped them out with a sled a third of power of there machines.Jim had that big Grin on his face as he was the first one out,the guys shook there heads and supplied plenty of refreshments back in town with Jim still smiling lol!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1999-2002 Fan Cooled ZX chassis with trailing arms

Your downplaying the Fan Cooled Sleds again,Jim Kuster ,Carl’s Dad rescued some guys with high powered sleds that could not climb out of Sketchy area in one of the low traffic riding areas.Jim was on a 340 Longtrack Indy Lite equipped with plastic paddles he made them a long gradually track to follow to get out of the Bowl.The guys were very happy and a little embarrassed with this stranger that helped them out with a sled a third of power of there machines.Jim had that big Grin on his face as he was the first one out,the guys shook there heads and supplied plenty of refreshments back in town with Jim still smiling lol!

That guy was a freak of nature and likely could have rode a crazy carpet in and out of that bowl! Unbelievably talented rider and route finder!

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guy was a freak of nature and likely could have rode a crazy carpet in and out of that bowl! Unbelievably talented rider and route finder!

Yup, he also loved his shortcuts!

Which typically ended up being really “Long cuts” for anyone following! Lol

You Guys have obviously rode with Jim in years past lol!I remember one spring trip into Allan Creek it was May 23 and we got the sleds up to the Snow the first day( a lot of Dirt Riding)and left them there overnight.We had a old King Qaud with no Brakes that all 4 of us were on with Jim driving down the Switchbacks got the Heart Rate going!Good Times I sure miss that guy!

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually the Alpha is an incredible machine only it takes a really good rider to get the most out of it.
I would politely disagree. I am far from a really good rider, but the mono-rail skid makes it wayyyy easier to ride in almost any of the terrain we ride in.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would politely disagree. I am far from a really good rider, but the mono-rail skid makes it wayyyy easier to ride in almost any of the terrain we ride in.

I would agree with you but they are not know to handle well on the trail or crappy set up snow. The reality is we have to deal with this sometimes. What I really was trying to get at is that the handling limit of the machine is higher than some other brands.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree with you but they are not know to handle well on the trail or crappy set up snow. The reality is we have to deal with this sometimes. What I really was trying to get at is that the handling limit of the machine is higher than some other brands.

Attachments

• 7149B795-85A3-4049-A2F2-95D8515A00F8.jpg
    7149B795-85A3-4049-A2F2-95D8515A00F8.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 361

Brentk

Reaction score
In hero snow and spring like conditions i would prefer a NA over a turbo. They are lighter and have enough power to go anywhere,,,,but,, they don't make the whistle and waste gate sound,, so nope, I want the turbo all the time! I'm so addicted to those sounds. Just like sex, the sounds add a lot of excitement.

Top Bottom