Kubota tractors

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for info or tips on Kubota tractors, looking to buy one with frontend loader and tiller.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for info or tips on Kubota tractors, looking to buy one with frontend loader and tiller.

I do not know a whole bunch.... however I do know my brother inlaw bought one from a ritchie brothers sale. Interesting things we learned are lots of the small ones with the pizza cutter tires and rototillers were imported from Japan/asia etc. They were former rice farm field tractors that spent a good part of there lives in 12" of water....

The other interesting thing was the pto spins backwards from north american implements (his anyways) so his tractor is all but useless to try and use any other attachments. That is all I know. Besides the fact that they run forever if taken care of. Might want to keep in mind emissions stuff and buy an older model to try and avoid any issues there.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kubota??? Don't do it!
They sell on "price" for a reason.
Here's a little info I came across....and yes, you can call it John Deere propaganda....but it is based on factual info from the owner's manuals of the Kubota & Deere tractors.

Based on required maintenance as per each machines owners manuals, you would spend a tremendous amount more money on that Kubota vs an equivalent sized Deere. There IS a reason that those things are cheaper than the rest. Look beyond the "Smoke & Mirrors" that the Kubota sales rep tells you.....

Lower initial cost, higher uptime costs and basement resale values down the road......Unless you are saving a HUGE amount, I would buy anything but......
photo.jpg

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are orange, that is all

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some are what they call grey market units that you want to stay away from.
A few years back when I purchased my JD the Kabota was more $$ .
I was between JD and Kabota and went JD due to price being lower equipped the same and true 0% .
This was on a 24hp 2320 JD and same size Kabota.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 of my neighbours have them. One is a 24hp and the other is 26hp. Neither have had any problems. They use them regularly for mowing, moving material and rototilling. We borrow one every now and then for our compost pile and one of them has the auger and backhoe attachment. Very handy.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Bx 25 Tractor Loader Backhoe 40 months ago. The only issue I have is the outriggers for the backhoe will bleed down on their own. If you look at the dealership they will all be tied in the up position with zap straps. My machine has about 300 hours on it and I've dug lots of holes, I put a 3pt snowblower to keep up with all the snow last winter, my driveway is about 250 metres long and it moved that snow easily, I also have a rear blade which i move snow and grade the driveway with in the summer. So far it has cost me nothing, short of oil changes. Still has the original battery. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 2620 since 2009, and no input costs other than oil/filter changes. Had an older used one before this (forget the model # of it), but same thing - no issues. Got the roto tiller from don lang in ponoka at the time - not sure who would sell the equivalent brand now - it's a land pride. Everything was way more heavy duty than the kubota brand - shaft dia, blade size/thickness, gearbox, chain drive, etc. only reason I went there instead of kubota.

JD's engines come from Japan, tires and frame from China.... It's all the same IMO really. Wherever you can negotiate a better deal - msrp is very close to the same I believe.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe any unit under 50 horse are not that bad and are great acreage units. My dad has a 85horse front wheel assist with a loader for one of his feeding tractors at the farm. We find it on the light side for medium to heavy farm work, they definitely require wheel weights or fluid in the rear tires.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine had an older 25hp sized Kubota on his acreage and loves it. Nothing more than fluids and filters and he's used it pretty hard.

Also my cousin has a 90hp~ Kubota on his farm that uses regularly. He loves them and has good luck from it and the previous kubota's he's owned.

I wouldn't think twice about picking one up if it were me personally. Just make sure that it's adequate for what you want to do with it. The Japanese know how to build a decent tractor IMO.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SV 75 skid steer with 450 hours on it now. Good to go. I like the fit and finish of the kubota. Everything protected well, good on fuel. Not cheaper than a JD.

I've always been curious to see a Kubota skid steer run, they look really solid. I've worked on enough John Deere's that I know they're cheap and flimsy. I must've spent most of my time chasing those piles of junk around last year...

Back on track with the original topic. Sorry for the hijack!😁

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy has the 90, simply awesome machine..........Put it up against a deere anyday......
Anyways all the small tractors are pretty good,but kubota are pretty dam good..........

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What size of tiller are you looking to run and what do you plan on doing with the loader?

I work for a Case IH dealer who also sells Kubota. The other thing I'm going to tell you not to listen to Cat401 because he's obviously had a VERY large dose of the green kool-aid.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine had an older 25hp sized Kubota on his acreage and loves it. Nothing more than fluids and filters and he's used it pretty hard.

Also my cousin has a 90hp~ Kubota on his farm that uses regularly. He loves them and has good luck from it and the previous kubota's he's owned.

I wouldn't think twice about picking one up if it were me personally. Just make sure that it's adequate for what you want to do with it. The Japanese know how to build a decent tractor IMO.

That's just it. Being on the sales side of it, we're just setting ourselves up for headaches and failure if we're selling junk. I have yet to have anyone come back upset with any piece of Kubota equipment they've purchased.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What size of tiller are you looking to run and what do you plan on doing with the loader?

I work for a Case IH dealer who also sells Kubota. The other thing I'm going to tell you not to listen to Cat401 because he's obviously had a VERY large dose of the green kool-aid.

then pull out your owner's manuals and prove me wrong of the picture that I posted earlier......$6000 more in recommended service vs an equivalent Deere???....they recommend changing things like hydraulic lines, etc....what kind of crap are they starting with if you need to start changing lines in the 1st few years???
Like stated earlier....things are cheaper for a reason and smart buyers factor not only look at the purchase price but all cost of uptime and in resale value....someday you will want to trade / sell it

Top Bottom