KTM's?????

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother rides a 2012 500 exc on the pavement. Never heard anything about a serial number. Gateway sales in Rocky has one on there showroom floor right now with the kit installed. You are limited with what tires you can use but as long as she has mirrors, horn, signals, tail light.... Your golden. Lots of them running around here on the roads.

The EXC is sold as a dual sport so it is legal from day 1. Ive heard that it has to be designated as highway legal from the manufacturer or you cant do it. Even if it is retrofitted with all of that stuff.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to inquire about it when I register this bike. I check the old registration this morning and it does say ohv so I don't think I can do it easily but doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe she types it in wrong. Ya never know lol. I would love to have a street legal 500 but cost is too high for me so the 250 will have to do.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
I just mix 25ml oil to 1 L fuel. I've used Amsoil for yrs and yrs. In the streetbikes I've used Castrol Motorcycle oil for 20 plus yrs. Use it in dirtbikes too. As long as your changing your oil regularly, engines are happy with any oil that has the correct standards.
I did a valve check on my SV 650 when it hit 50 000km recently and there was very little wear, everything in spec and the plugs are still newish looking, which blew me away. That little bike will rev high all day long every day for yrs it seems. I just use what has worked for me. Been running the Amsoil in the 800 Etec for yrs now so the 300 is no problem.
Plus Ive never heard anything bad about the Rekluse 2.0 EXP.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390524216.259584.jpg only pic I have right now. Took this morning before work

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother rides a 2012 500 exc on the pavement. Never heard anything about a serial number. Gateway sales in Rocky has one on there showroom floor right now with the kit installed. You are limited with what tires you can use but as long as she has mirrors, horn, signals, tail light.... Your golden. Lots of them running around here on the roads.

check out moto z tires they have super aggressive dot tires,cheap prices to at kamloops best shop rivercity cycle..

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I have a white front fender with it but it is cracked. I am going to get another one as I love the white fenders too. This is the pic he had on kijiji.
ktm 1.jpg

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both these bikes are same year 300's. Mines an XC-W, my friends is a XC. Different set up and plastics. Mine handles the off road riding, in my opinion, superior. I don't like the closer ratio gearbox and the harder suspension of the XC as much. It's a beautiful bike but I've been lucky enough to ride them back to back. But then again I don't jump canyons. Lol.:D

Attachments

• DSCF3436.jpg
    DSCF3436.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF3445 - Version 2.jpg
    DSCF3445 - Version 2.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 102

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn I like that white. I rode the xc in Maui. I liked it but I did find the suspension harsh. But again it wasn't set up for me. Just jump on and ride.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it on the hoist. Took the cover off the starter and I'm glad I ordered the new 410w starter already. Found the first issue. Of many I think. Lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390532173.240037.jpg

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ooooh, gooey! Lol.
Written while eating bacn' and eggs on toast.
Obviously the starter button was hit while running. Lol.
I used to have the EXACT lift when I was wrenching. I remember having a Sportster on and I was running it. I couldn't believe how much it vibrated. As I revved it up I watched all my tools vibrate off the lift to the floor. Can't believe people rode those things! Lol. Talk about numb hands. Good little lift tho.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am getting the seal savers for sure. Maybe a pipe guard. Never had one before or needed on. But that could change

Top Bottom