Kioti tractors

gmac

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with these? Looking at a subcompact with front end loader.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple guys in our area bought them and have done a ton of work with them they have box scrapers,hoe attachment front end loader, saved themselves lots of money if i recall they are about 25hp.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with these? Looking at a subcompact with front end loader.
Check out the Mahindra. Then look at the lifting specs on the Kioti, Mahindra, JD etc and the weight distribution of the lifting rail attachments for weight distribution you'll be suprised.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want to remain as stable as you can weight distribution wise when using the bucket.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple guys in our area bought them and have done a ton of work with them they have box scrapers,hoe attachment front end loader, saved themselves lots of money if i recall they are about 25hp.

How much are they out the door for a 25hp? Just wondering how much you save. I bought a 26hp Kubota about a year ago, I did'nt bother priceing any other brands except JD.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the Mahindra. Then look at the lifting specs on the Kioti, Mahindra, JD etc and the weight distribution of the lifting rail attachments for weight distribution you'll be suprised.

Specs arent always the best way to make a decision. Manufacturers make a lot of claims that are a long ways from what they are really capable of.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If within a couple thousand of the Kabota or JD I would go spend the extra.
When I bought , the JD was cheaper for same size unit equipped the same.
Was going to purchase Kabota but JD had better value at that time .IMO
Not saying the JD is any better as it's tough to beat a Kabota.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If within a couple thousand of the Kabota or JD I would go spend the extra.
When I bought , the JD was cheaper for same size unit equipped the same.
Was going to purchase Kabota but JD had better value at that time .IMO
Not saying the JD is any better as it's tough to beat a Kabota.

Thats why I didn't price anything else. Kubota and John Deere hold their value and will sell in days when you decide to sell. When it comes time to sell you loose next to nothing. It made no sense to me to try to save a thousand now only to loose more later.

Kioti has a single foot pedal which I couldn't stand. I like the John Deeres side by side the best, but the Kubotas arent bad.

Kubota and JD have a better warranty than Kioti which is worth something.

Kubota has a three range hydro, which is nice.

They are fun toys!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kioti is probably #3 behind Kubota and JD. RElitively good reputation, dealer support would be the deciding factor for me, who sells them, how close they are and how many do they sell. No matter what you buy they all will need parts etc sooner or later.
For that reason I'd stay away from TYM, mahindra, Montana etc. Not much dealer support and parts can be a problem.
Equipment is just like anything else, you get what you pay for. If someone tells you that brand X is just as good as the name brand stuff but way cheaper, best to ask yourself why.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the options and rankings for a cabin tractor, 4 wheel assist, 3 point hitch, 55-65 hp? My pops currently has a couple Montana 57hp tractors like that and is looking for a backup plan, seems like Montana isn't sold anymore?

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the options and rankings for a cabin tractor, 4 wheel assist, 3 point hitch, 55-65 hp? My pops currently has a couple Montana 57hp tractors like that and is looking for a backup plan, seems like Montana isn't sold anymore?

You've discovered the problem in buying an off breed tractor...good price up front, but if the dealer can't sell any he quits becoming a dealer.
If you're looking for a replacement, go to the kubota and JD websites and have a look. The advantage to kubota is reliability, resale value and they're all kubota engineering and parts from nose to tail. Just make sure any used kubotas you look at aren't grey market.
JD are reliable as well and also hold their value, but often parts are sourced from worldwide sources, eg.you might get a tractor built in the states with an engine from India, transmission from England etc.. This may or may not be a problem depending on the machine and its age. JD usually has good dealer support but parts on low volume sellers sometimes take time to get.

Massey, case and new holland Have some decent tractors in this range as well, but most are offshore built and parts and dealer support can be spotty.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, Kubota or JD based on resale value alone. If you save a couple grand on the off breeds up front, you'll lose twice that in resale. I'm partial to Kubota because I sell them. It's one of the brands you can sell, send it on its way and never worry about it being a lemon.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've discovered the problem in buying an off breed tractor...good price up front, but if the dealer can't sell any he quits becoming a dealer.
If you're looking for a replacement, go to the kubota and JD websites and have a look. The advantage to kubota is reliability, resale value and they're all kubota engineering and parts from nose to tail. Just make sure any used kubotas you look at aren't grey market.
JD are reliable as well and also hold their value, but often parts are sourced from worldwide sources, eg.you might get a tractor built in the states with an engine from India, transmission from England etc.. This may or may not be a problem depending on the machine and its age. JD usually has good dealer support but parts on low volume sellers sometimes take time to get.

Massey, case and new holland Have some decent tractors in this range as well, but most are offshore built and parts and dealer support can be spotty.
Always wondered what people mean when they say grey market tractors?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always wondered what people mean when they say grey market tractors?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
The old Kubotas (think 80's) were imported but not really made for North America. Decent machines and there are a zillion of them still out there, but hard to find parts. If you buy from a Kubota dealer now, you won't get a grey market unit.

Top Bottom