Kinder Morgan

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have often wondered why CN doesn't get into the pipeline buissness?

They could build a pretty sweet coast to coast pipeline header.

Use their existing right away.

Good idea as they own the ROW also .
And correct me if I am wrong they really don't answer anyone?

Natives, protestors or British Columbia.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard from different sources that twining the lines to all ports is in the works
And then there is this little project.

Supposed to really increase train unload time.

ba22d2198f2d1b5bbc527d2f1e0ab681.jpg

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rail twinning through the mountains has been talked about since forever. The same as twinning the TCH. If they were down east and affecting commerce, they would have been done.
May as well put some pipe in while we are twining.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell me about it! Being self-employed nowadays isn't fun. So many obstacles to overcome and constantly paying some type of fee etc etc. For example, when we import containers, the docks now require appointment times to send trucks to p/u containers. If appt book is full and you can't get your container in time before demurrage fees apply (usually 48 hrs) then we are subjected to US$180 per container per day by the shipping line and there is nothing we can do about it. We shipped 20 cans from Stony Plain to Edmonton rail for loading on the vessel in Vancouver. Shipping line changed the cut off date and made our containers too early for vessel as we planned for the original date. Here is another US$4200 invoice for that thank you very much and they created the problem. Very frustrating!!!

They won't be happy till we are back living in caves.

Why can't one prosper in Canada anymore FFS?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our export program is mainly organic and conventional yellow peas, spring wheat, lentils to name a few. Most of it is organic except for peas we do both. Then we also ship to the US but that has become a gong show since Trump got in grrrrrrrrrrrr. Company is New Century, Inc and we are on our 20th year. Many of our growers come to the Okanagan in the summer and coincidentally come when my fruit trees at the office are ready for picking LOL. Then they write the trip off and get to camp as well. All good!

Interesting.
Wheat, Canola?
Company got a name?

Maybe we write off a sled trip to discuss some grain marketing? Lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe you are correct.
Another thing ? Isn’t the TM line over 50% built already ?
I know about 10 years ago they did through Jasper .
They call them loop lines .

Yes you are correct, but JT bashes harper for not getting pipelines built when the Conservatives were in, there was no protests than that I can recall.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you are correct, but JT bashes harper for not getting pipelines built when the Conservatives were in, there was no protests than that I can recall.

The reason they called them loop lines is what I was told .
Most of the line is in place and if any look out the side windows driving through these park areas , and others for that matter?” Can’t tell”
Will not even know it’s been done ?
It baffles me on how daft some peeps really are .
BC ,Alberta or CANADA for that matter as just people that have no idea but a cause that is paid for .

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok now we agree, the outlook for heavy oils future doesnt look good.
I see our heavy oil going like BC’s forestry industry if this keeps up, all of our raw product will all get loaded on ships instead of being processed in Canada.

As you explained without saying it really, the problem is the type of product that will be in the pipe and where it is from.

I contract to a pipeline company that handles all different products from Hot Bit, to synthetic Crude from oilsands and a sagd plant.
This is what I was trying to articulate this morning that probably wasn't very coherent.

The WTI/WCS differential is what drives investment in upgraders.

And right now with a $20/bbl differential standalone upgraders probably would have a tough time to justify their existence when upgrading costs $10-14 per bbl. Not factoring in any capital costs of the project.

Integrated companies like Suncor/Imperial Oil it doesn't matter as much cause it's just one division of a company, the upgrader selling product to the refinery division. The real good synthetic stuff is like baby food for the refineries but doesn't fetch much of a priemium on the world market.

Most of high conversion refineries (like NWR) in the states can do it for less cost per barrel because it is cheaper to operate and lower capital project costs. And then couple that with way less red tape it is no wonder why more projects end up being built south of the boarder.

So moving forward that basically leaves us exporting raw WCS crude, and since the high conversion refineries in the states are our only potential customers at the moment we get the differential shaft.

Before NWR no new refineries have been built in Canada in the past 30 some years, infact 10 have shutdown.

If it wasn't for the government money NWR probably would never have been built.

Do I think more high conversion refineries are a good idea? Hell yes.
Every province should have one.

And the feedstock should be Canadian Oil.

Do I think it should be government buying pipelines and building refineries. No.
But they should foster a royalty and tax scheme so they do exist.

We should have the cheapest diesel and gasoline prices of all fist world countries.

And a highly prosperous royalty revenue stream for all Canadians.

But here we are arguing about a small pipe in the ground.

And ps Moyie I have a 118 IQ score.

Last edited:
Top Bottom