Kijiji horror stories

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold a treadmill. Drove all the way to elkford to drop it off. Got a great lunch out if it, helped set it up, and got what I asked for out of it.

problem is doug can't shut the sucker off and has been running for a week. he is down to 95lbs. can u email him how to turn it off please.
icon10.gif

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
i agree with ya guys from the sellers point.. obviously money talks and first come first serve...
it wasnt a week. i looked on sat. called monday night and went tues.
i talked to him mon night at 8 and was at his house around 3 the next day..
i wont leave a deposit. wouldnt take much for a guy to pocket that.
i have sold plenty on kijiji and know people come and look and say yep ill take it but never come back.
live and learn.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the flip side, I have had some people come to buy stuff from me that were nuts! A few years ago I was selling a '07 chev z71 classic. The truck had pretty much every option you could get, 90,000kms, and had never seen a gravel road. Heck, it still had all the stickers underneath and you could even read them. I had a guy come out to look at it and he started telling me how bad of shape it was in, and all the money he would have to put into it to get it fixed up, so I asked hime what he figured he would have to do to it? He then compalined that the wipers would need to be changed, and that the leather seats should have some conditioner put on them and that he would have to polish the chrome on the bumper cause it had water spotting on it!

I nicely explained that even though it was in exceptionally good shape, it was still a used truck, and that if he wanted a new truck maybe he should go buy one.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry not horror but I've bought stuff under a hundred dollars where the seller gives me their address because we can't hook up and leaves the item in his mailbox!!! I pickup the item and leave the money in the mailbox.
I bought parts From GP and the guy mailed them too me and said when I receive them send him a cheque because he has no pYpal
Is it stupidity or honesty? I'm not sure but it felt good to know that there are honest trustworty people out there. Hopefully no azzhat ever screws them!!

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats a little of both id say. I have done the same sort of thing sending stuff in trust that they send me money in return and vise versa. It has always worked out. Having said that its always been with deals made over this website and not Kijiji.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been pretty lucky using kijiji got a great deal on a set of tires with new rims inthe box. i tend to try and trust people to an extent but i tend to do the if your not here by the time you say its back up for sale.
and in return i have had a couple guys treat me well. with the same curtesy. but have been screwed by some, waiting for a guy to show up to look at sled or truck and nothing.

mantoneshyn

Reaction score
My Dad was selling a dirtbike on Kijiji a few years back. Guy got ahold of him said he wants to come see the bike, very intrested ect. Dad gives the guy directions out to his place and sets up a meeting time. Guy never shows up. Couple mornings later Dad goes out to the shop, sees the door hanging open and the bike is gone...never to be seen again. Of course tried to contact the guy and never hear anything from him. No insurance and 100% loss for him. Moral of the story...always arrange meetings in a public place.

Whoaaaooo, thats friggen DIRTY!!!!! Hopefully Karma gets him...

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay what the hell is up with Kijiji lately? I reply about trucks I have interest in. Usually I will get a response right away, or within a day or two which is pretty normal. So then I reply back......... And....... Nothing. The truck didn't sell, it's still advertised..... and hey look at that you bumped the ad, made changes to it or whatever. But you can't be bothered to call me ( I gave my number), give me your phone number( you won't post it of course so I ask), and won't reply to the email as to when I can come take a look at it.... And if I reply again you still don't reply.... Well I did my part and if you can't be bothered to stroke a couple keys to reply, answer questions asked, or provide a better means of contact.... I guess you really don't want to sell it very bad do you.

Am I the odd one as I try and be very prompt and accomodating to someone, especially when they ask intelligent questions or seem to show genuine interest in something? I understand if you are an ass, ask stupid questions or make lowball offers..... But I just ask about things not listed ( certain options I am after) and don't talk about money.

A couple different trucks in the last week or so are exactly this. I am glad there are lots for sale as this is somewhat annoying. Whatever though.... that sellers loss due to ( insert pathetic excuse here) is someone elses gain, lol.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay what the hell is up with Kijiji lately? I reply about trucks I have interest in. Usually I will get a response right away, or within a day or two which is pretty normal. So then I reply back......... And....... Nothing. The truck didn't sell, it's still advertised..... and hey look at that you bumped the ad, made changes to it or whatever. But you can't be bothered to call me ( I gave my number), give me your phone number( you won't post it of course so I ask), and won't reply to the email as to when I can come take a look at it.... And if I reply again you still don't reply.... Well I did my part and if you can't be bothered to stroke a couple keys to reply, answer questions asked, or provide a better means of contact.... I guess you really don't want to sell it very bad do you.

Am I the odd one as I try and be very prompt and accomodating to someone, especially when they ask intelligent questions or seem to show genuine interest in something? I understand if you are an ass, ask stupid questions or make lowball offers..... But I just ask about things not listed ( certain options I am after) and don't talk about money.

A couple different trucks in the last week or so are exactly this. I am glad there are lots for sale as this is somewhat annoying. Whatever though.... that sellers loss due to ( insert pathetic excuse here) is someone elses gain, lol.

I found my 800 on Kijiji. Similar thing, sent a few emails, only one response. Had to pretty much hound the guy to sell it to me. Finally got him on the phone and finished the deal.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad was selling a dirtbike on Kijiji a few years back. Guy got ahold of him said he wants to come see the bike, very intrested ect. Dad gives the guy directions out to his place and sets up a meeting time. Guy never shows up. Couple mornings later Dad goes out to the shop, sees the door hanging open and the bike is gone...never to be seen again. Of course tried to contact the guy and never hear anything from him. No insurance and 100% loss for him. Moral of the story...always arrange meetings in a public place.

Exact reason why I bring whatever I'm selling into town and meet up with the person. I don't want strangers seeing what I have in my garage

rider1

Reaction score
I running into the same issue. If they don't want to sell it take the ad off.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one I am marking as spam to Kijiji everyday I am on now. It's the truck I talk about in my first post in this thread. The truck isn't real...... so quit pretending you are going to sell it. It just annoys me when it constantly pops up in my searches......

One seller is now sorta replying ( really halfass, but I have a number) and I get to go look tomorrow at the truck. Won't surprise me if it's an utter waste of my time but it's close to home so why not. Almost every other one I have looked at is an overpriced pile of junk..... so at least this one is cheaper!

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think kijiji is just awesome bought and sold well over 100 different toys and dealt with very minimal idiots. If a guy tells me he is on his way I will hold it but I never hold anything over a day you just gotta be smart and a hardass why do you think dealers can be ignorant at times? Because they deal with idiots as well. Kijiji is by far the best way to sell something IMO.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some parts for sale on there for a bout 3 weeks. First day buddy emails me says he will take it!....that was easy I thought. Any way I emailed him a couple times, never heard back. Been down that road before. Well WEEEtard emailed me yesterday wanting HIS parts!!! Told him they were long gone. This is KIJIJI not " layaway parts for idiots" He told me I have to go buy the same parts and sell them to him at the posted price??????? I said sorry...I'll go pick those up today! When can U be here?

Still hoping he shows up! I have some parts for him...the round PART of a Louisville Slugger!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to sell some fawkin winter tires on there, and not one bite. It's horrible.

Anyone wanna buy some winters? :D:D:D

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sold two winter tires on kijiji today. posted them and the guy was at my door in under an hour

Top Bottom