Keyhole

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
start of the season Keyhole was closed due to logging.Just wondering if it has opened up ? or will stay shut for the rest of the season ?

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be awsome a bigger keyhole ! Short trail, Next a cabin!!come on Curtis !! Pull some strings;)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how come it is not posted on the toll booth that it is closed??

How come the VARDA website has no updates on this?

I guess we can take our trucks up to the powerline... since sleds are not allowed on the plowed loging roads..???
:rolleyes::confused::(

maddog

Reaction score
I have a group heading up in the morning and the plan was to ride Keyhole this weekend
I need to know if we can get in without causing problems with the logging that is going on????

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a group heading up in the morning and the plan was to ride Keyhole this weekend
I need to know if we can get in without causing problems with the logging that is going on????

As far as I know it's closed.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how come it is not posted on the toll booth that it is closed??

How come the VARDA website has no updates on this?

I guess we can take our trucks up to the powerline... since sleds are not allowed on the plowed loging roads..???
:rolleyes::confused::(

Trailhead staff has the information and technically it is NOT CLOSED, that is a nasty word. Small radio capable rigs are still able to get up there via the main access rd.

There is an explanation on the website under riding conditions as well as a note on every grooming report that has been printed since december??????? The notes state the logging, but I will not post that it is closed, because it is NOT if you do it correctly. I will ad some more info to make it more clear.

You can always call to confirm anything you like Mark..........or anyone else, that is what we are here for. Call anytime and we will be happy to help

m7 carver

Reaction score
Trailhead staff has the information and technically it is NOT CLOSED, that is a nasty word. Small radio capable rigs are still able to get up there via the main access rd.

There is an explanation on the website under riding conditions as well as a note on every grooming report that has been printed since december??????? The notes state the logging, but I will not post that it is closed, because it is NOT if you do it correctly. I will ad some more info to make it more clear.

You can always call to confirm anything you like Mark..........or anyone else, that is what we are here for. Call anytime and we will be happy to help
if keyhole opens this spring is it tricky to get into ?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's always a way Max.

adb7b38b-c11d-f096.jpg

TroutHawk

Reaction score
So, haven't talked about Keyhole for quite awhile. Is it OK to ride now? Can one just drive up the logging road?

Top Bottom