"Kevlar in the classroom"..........wow!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/protective-gear-classrooms-teachers-worry-1.5187694

Sure glad I'm not there anymore. IMHO, this is the same as the street criminals; no consequences so the students just keep acting out. Near the end of my 30 years in the classroom, the biggest problem that I worried about was the parents protecting "little Jane or Johnny". I could deal with and win over the student (some were more difficult that others but in the end, I could deal with them and they would actually enjoy coming to my classes) but the parents were the biggest issue. They were way to protective/defensive about the treatment for acting out.

The administration is pussy whipped and really can't do anything to actually change the behaviour of "spoiled brats" because the children know that there parents are going to go and raise hell to protect them.

There were many great students and many supporting parents and I had a great time but when I retired, I could see the writing on the wall and I am very happy that I retired when I did. Canada or rather society is going to hell in a hand basket.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My niece became a teacher and hated it to to the point that she is moving to a different job. Hated dealing with the bratty kids and the parents

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not denying today's kids are ****s parented by people that have no business doing it but his article really seems like a load of horse **** from CBC. Feels like they cherry picked the whiniest teachers the union could muster and then wrote an article about them.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm not denying today's kids are ****s parented by people that have no business doing it but his article really seems like a load of horse **** from CBC. Feels like they cherry picked the whiniest teachers the union could muster and then wrote an article about them.

I thought the same thing Brandon. I am sure some jurisdictions are worse than others and I have a feeling there are more left leaning parents down east than here in the west. To blame class size was one of my clues regarding your statement. I don't buy that and still look at society as a whole and where the education system is going.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but if I was a teacher and some little punk was trying to kick or bite me it would be a what comes around goes around situation.

My youngest sister just graduated UofA with a teaching degree. Says she likes it but I think she has more patience then I do.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Kevlar in the classroom"..........wow!

That looks like a double edged sword to me. Entitled parents that defend their bratty disrespectful kids, and teachers and principals not willing to stand up for themselves, or their Coworkers.

Kick the little SOB’s out of class, thats what I would do. Setup a gopro to provide proof of this actually happening. For some reason I see this as a ploy to get more support from governments since classroom size was brought up.

If there is actually classroom mob abuse towards the teachers, why is the RCMP not involved?????

Last edited:

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: "Kevlar in the classroom"..........wow!

I’m just mad that it’s a legal to possess a kevlar vest but school teachers can have them?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’m just mad that it’s a legal to possess a kevlar vest but school teachers can have them?
In the article it was just some fruity looking arm sleeves and one guy wearing a crotch rocket leather jacket.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess parents don't want to be called out for raising entitled kids, so they'll lay the blame on the teacher.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember back in the 80's when I got the strap in grade 7. Told mom when I got home and she asked if I deserved it and I said yes,.. she said then stop complaining and don't do it again.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In the article it was just some fruity looking arm sleeves and one guy wearing a crotch rocket leather jacket.
Thanks, didn’t feel it was worth my time to read, so many other things to do then read about some poor jelly fish that felt abused and needs to be armoured lol.

Top Bottom