Keeping front end down with 3"

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I just put on a 3" 162 on my M1 and having a minor issue where my skis seem to want to point for the sky all the time. I used to be able to beat my buddies 1100T on a pull but now I can't come close because I can't keep in the throttle. I ended up mousetrapping the other day on a climb for the first time on this sled. Of course got it on helmet cam though lol. It worked great with the pc on it. Only problem is the sled already seems to have alot of ski pressure. I'm going to tighten up my limiters for the next ride but is there something else I can do? I'm trying to get away from more ski pressure but not sure I have a choice right now. I really didn't think the track would work this good. Wish I had of done it long ago.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would tighten up the limiter, not sure what else to do maybe soften up the shock in the front of the skid.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty much as loose as it can go. About 4 or 5 threads showing. Running about 140lbs in the rear float. I forget if it's in the top or bottom hole in the rear. Anyone have any experience with the OVS wheelie control?

prairiepulling

Reaction score
I switched my front suspension mounting position to the top hole, tightened Limiter Straps and went with the ZBros rear shock set-up on my Twisted M1 and am quite happy with it. It only seems to come up +/- a foot or so. So far so good.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched my front suspension mounting position to the top hole, tightened Limiter Straps and went with the ZBros rear shock set-up on my Twisted M1 and am quite happy with it. It only seems to come up +/- a foot or so. So far so good.

How do you find it on the steep pulls with that set up? That's my biggest concern as I don't like watching my sled tumble down a mountain

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Well so far it's working very well, I mean without spending 2500.00 for a KMod or Timbersled coupling set-up it stays down very well. I'm running a 2.5" x 162" Camo Extreme and I too was concerned that it was going to be a wheelie fest but am surprised on how it is working thusfar.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if it's working that good for you on boost then it should work well for me then too. I'm going to look into it. Hows the ski pressure with that setup?

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son has the same problem on his turboed Nytro, & that sled's even heavier in front than your M. Managed to control ski lift with his 2.5 and a Timbersled skid last year, but since he went to a 3" x 174 it's always pointed at the sky. He's tried different setups with the TS skid but can't get it under control. Some guys like to wheelie all day, but with the stupid stuff he's trying to climb it's not a good thing. Probably going with an M10 live axle skid for next year.

Attachments

• kyle5.jpg
    kyle5.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 170

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would put your suspension in the stock holes. Tighten your limiter strap if your skis come up on a climb. If you have too much ski pressure while driving tighten your front track shock. When you are driving around your limiter strap will be compressed. This only is tight when you have full throttle.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ovs wheelie control works awsome.Basically a fancy version of transfer blocks but with much more adjustment Definately a cheaper alternative to a complete skid especially if you are happy with the ride you are getting and just need to control ski lift. We have the control in stock,call me monday if you are interested.780 986 6370

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the wheelie control affect the trail ride at all? I was looking at doing a skid this summer but I may try the wheelie control and revalve, or different shocks first

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty much as loose as it can go. About 4 or 5 threads showing. Running about 140lbs in the rear float. I forget if it's in the top or bottom hole in the rear. Anyone have any experience with the OVS wheelie control?
OVS wheelie control works very well - and with 6 positions you can dial in your weight transfer to where you want it. Stock skid / valving is terrible on the M-series. I had the shocks revalved on one of our sleds and added wheelie control ($750 fix), and have a complete holz skid in the other unit (and that is expensive, but worth it).

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. So will a guy notice a big difference going to a camo 2.5 162 on my 09 M1000? I very seldom get stuck and we ride the trees in steep and deep and it pulls great and pops out of the snow great, even times when my buddies think I am stuck that thing digs and I am up on the snow. This is with the powerclaw. I was thinking of getting a new sled next year but think I would miss the torque of the 1000. Maybe I should just put some shocks and track on it? Thanks

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. So will a guy notice a big difference going to a camo 2.5 162 on my 09 M1000? I very seldom get stuck and we ride the trees in steep and deep and it pulls great and pops out of the snow great, even times when my buddies think I am stuck that thing digs and I am up on the snow. This is with the powerclaw. I was thinking of getting a new sled next year but think I would miss the torque of the 1000. Maybe I should just put some shocks and track on it? Thanks
Powerclaw track works very well, but the 2.5 extreme is a better "all around" track. The 3" is insane, but some have durability issues (throwing lugs and delamination) after they have been cut down to 15 wide. Camoplast doesn't warranty a track that has been cut. I have a 2.5" on my M1000 and on my wife's M8, and they work very well, although the new version of the 2.5 is slightly faster on downhills, as there are no "teeth" on the lugs. If you go with a 2.5" on your M1, you will not be disappointed. Burandt revalve helps a bunch, too.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oneoldfart how did you find the stock skid revalved with the wheelie control? You're right the 3" is crazy. I don't have alot of miles on mine yet but there's probably 150km that are on hard, icy trails. Haven't lost any lugs....yet

Sc800 I'm in the same boat as you. I would love to have one of the new 800s but after having the M1 it would have to at least have a pump gas turbo, which is something I'm trying to avoid

Top Bottom