Kamloops and Sicamous areas

eforwell

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondering about where to ride in the Kamloops areas. Will be up there a few times this season as well as a trip to Sicamous and want to know where to go. My group is fairly new to riding, some decent riders but nothing crazy. Also when is it good to start riding up that way?

We are not into boozing or anything on the hills. If you have directions to riding areas or wouldn't mind showing us around we would appreciate it. Thanks for reading,

EF

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drop me line and I'll show u around. I know both areas quite well. The immediate area area closest to Kamloops isn't that challenging and isn't accessible until proper snow coverage but there are other areas an hour or so away that are. Depending on the weather and how much snow there is you could be riding in a month. Sicamous might be earlier the way it was snowing up there yesterday. There is a wide range from beginner to whatever kind of terrain you want to ride. Would be glad to show you around. BTW I have the odd beer now and again so don't let that stop you.

eforwell

Reaction score
I have no issue at all with the odd beer, just don't want to be around guys that get smashed etc. My father-in-law has a few beers on the day and not a problem. Appreciate your offer and will drop you a line when it gets closer. I have ridden the Coq many times and like the area, how would you say Kamloops compares? I really like the open meadow rolling hill riding I see on youtube videos of Kamloops and think it will be a good place to play around. Thanks again, EF.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your best bet around Kamloops for open meadows and rolling hills is probably Crowfoot in the playpens. Harp is even more open but a fair bit more remote and no grooming so the ride in and out aren't so nice... but no trail pass required either.

eforwell

Reaction score
Any directions to get to the parking/unloading area at Crowfoot? The only areas I have ridden are 10k/Henning on the Coq and Whipsaw / East Gate in Princeton and Manning. Some nice bowls in each place but want to try some new areas this season with the new M8...

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any directions to get to the parking/unloading area at Crowfoot? The only areas I have ridden are 10k/Henning on the Coq and Whipsaw / East Gate in Princeton and Manning. Some nice bowls in each place but want to try some new areas this season with the new M8...

Just shoot myself (Brian) or ldog (Lee) and note and i am sure you will get a good tour around. Im club member and Lee knows area real well too

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you like the rolling hills and meadows you have a lot of choices. Harp is about an hour and a half from kamloops. Good riding but the trail is a little rough to get there. Crow foot is good and the trail is well maintained. 20 bucks to ride there. Same driving distance but usually lots of riders. Pukeashan is another spot that's usually groomed to Grizzly lodge. Trail from the lodge up can b a little rough but once up top it's pretty open. again some times could be quite a few riders. Same driving distance. You can check out there web site as well as Crowfoots. Lichen is another option which has about the same amount of driving time from the Kamloops area. Not groomed but a lot of less riders. All these area's have good riding and offer some more challenging stuff if u want it. Blue lk. has some really good learning curve riding area's and is groomed to the cabin. It's about 10 min from Sicamous and not much further to drive to time wise as it's all highway Also 20 bucks. Owls head can be a little tricky to get into the back but also offers some nice stuff and is also groomed the cabin. 20 bucks here as well. I've ridden the Coq. as well and can say that most area's you go to offer quite similar terrain. It's all dependant on what your riding ability is and what you are most comfortable with. Oh and as long as your riding a CAT !!! lol jk. Anyways, just let me know..........

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagle Valley Lodge With Rene which is Just outside of Sicamous. He also offers guided tours and rentals I believe. They have a web site you can look up. If you want to stay right in Sicamous then try the Best Western. It's a very popular place for sledders with lots of parking. Owls head riding area is a min. drive to there parking lot.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blue is probably ridden the most as popularity goes, but if your talking about 30 min. then that opens up a whole new ball game......

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
closer the better,let's be honest...a whole new ball game,that is better though..Is there places closer towards Revy that don't have alot of activity?Not into the highmarking looking to play in meadows,rolling hills,some climbs nothing too crazy.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
closer the better,let's be honest...a whole new ball game,that is better though..Is there places closer towards Revy that don't have alot of activity?Not into the highmarking looking to play in meadows,rolling hills,some climbs nothing too crazy.
Sounds like you could ride at home and save some money. JK:beer::)

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you stay in Sicamous you should check out Hunters Range by Enderby. It has every kind of riding all in one area and gets really good snow. The Best Western in Sicamous also has a drying room with heat and fans that you can dry out all your gear in.

Last edited:

eforwell

Reaction score
What are the best areas to ride in Sicamous? Just got the directions to Blue Lake, Queest & Owlhead. Wondering which places are the busiest also the best riding. Thoughts? Thanks.EF

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From Owlhead you can get to Hunters Range and Blue Lake. Queest has some good areas as well. All have good areas for all levels of riders.

Top Bottom