Kakwa Falls

Devon T

Reaction score
Just curious to know how far you can get into kakwa falls with a pick up and how far you have to walk,if you have to walk after that? Did some research on the internet but cant seem to get a clear answer. Some body must have some answers on here.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have only been there in the winter. We parked in the parking lot, rode around the small lake(20min walk) and basically we were right there. Parked the sleds, and about a 5 min walk to the falls.
I have never seen them in the summer, but they sure are nice in the winter!

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I would suggest taking quads in from Lick Creek stagging area,, the trail is a rough ride in a vehicle. Takes 2 hrs or so to the parking lot by Kakwa River. 1 km walk in to the falls. I always went to the falls first and coming back went up horn ridge,,,,, or do a 2 day and go up Horn on day 2,,,,, the trail up horn is just before the second crossing on South Torrens river. There used to be a sign near the trailhead.

koda9192

Reaction score
It's pretty simple to get there, drive up the two lakes road past the lakes to the parking lot where the sleds unload, about 160kms. The ride to the Kakwa river is about 20k and takes a couple hours. From the river like Safari guy said it's about 1km walk to the falls. I've seen alot of trucks go in there but it is really rough and tight in spots. We usually wait to go until anywhere between late july and early September as the rivers and creeks can be pretty high before that. It's a really nice ride in. The trail up to horn ridge can be a technical ride, it gets really rocky and steep. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom