just stolen

wildwest

Reaction score
stolen last at night, at sicamous 1 07 ford crew cab black with topper and off road bar, also 4 place inclosed black snowking trailer, with 4 artic cat sleds orange 1000, black crossfire, 2 black 500's. pretty sure unit was headed south towards veron
PLEASE HELP
truck says wildwest plate# gta 933

p

Last edited:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C*CK$UCKER$! :mad: I hope you catch the SOBs before the law does. We'll keep our eyes open here in Kelowna. When you've got time, give us the details of the theft so we can all learn and in the future take measures to prevent. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THAT BITES!

Just an idea for everyone, if you have a SPOT with tracking turn it on and hide it in/on your trailer (roof vent) and wait. It's a matter of time then you'll catch that big ugly fish.

I believe if everyone who was capable of doing this does, you'll see thefts go down.

Chris

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its just sad wat this world has come to. back in the day u could leave stuff unlocked. then we were forced to have everythn locked tight or it will be gone now we have to put gps on our dam sled trailers and sleds and trucks and still wonder if its there in the mourn?? just terrible. and it seems to be happening every few weeks.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry for your loss, hope they find your stuff.

shocking....another ford driven away with someone's hard earned toys.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya,,, im thinking wheel locks on the trailer and the truck are not a bad idea.... also i thinking of a remote engine kill that would make the truck electrically dead until keyed back on...bunch of bs to do...but atleast it will be there in the am....

anything we can do to help , let us know....

Terry

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am going with the wheel locks, for both truck and trailer. This is getting out of hand......

Good Luck on getting your stuff back. I hope, someone finds the bastages !!!!!!!!!!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cops need to make a bait truck with bait sleds! nothing is being done about these a$$holes. I try to drive around at night between midnight and 2-3 in the morning. found a few stolden trucks.

they use 3 sets of wheels. two guys in two cars/trucks that drive around and they are the eyes. they call in the truck if there is a trailer not hooked up to anything. the truck is usually a dodge/ford. so if you see 2-3 guys in a beat up old ch!t can these are the eyes. if you see 2-3 guys in a dodge or a ford this is the pick up guys. everyone keep your eyes open. if you truck is not found the next day they probably will keep it hidden for a day and use it the next night but they dont seem to keep the trucks. they want the trailers and sleds/quads.

this is getting out of hand and boy does it wreck guys holidays. I know I have no insurance on our 4 sleds. there is no one out there that will insure the kids 550 RMK because they are only 9. So I keep my eyes open.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my brother in laws 07 harley got broken into way to easy, all you need is a blade screwdrive and pry the handle by the keyhole and it breaks and you pull......done they left his subs and stole his navigation deck by ripping in half his dash. the truck was also half on teh street so they were probably trying to steal it then no dice and stolle the stereo
ya,,, im thinking wheel locks on the trailer and the truck are not a bad idea.... also i thinking of a remote engine kill that would make the truck electrically dead until keyed back on...bunch of bs to do...but atleast it will be there in the am....

anything we can do to help , let us know....

Terry

if anyone has a gm and has not renued their subscription on their onstar i would do this, and if anyone is getting a new truck i would think about a gm because of the onstar they can track the truck and shut off the motor.......

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use good old alarm systems any more or are these bastards getting through them too? Also I had a friend loose his stuff in Sicamous and he never thought of it at the time but there was a guy asking alot of questions about his and his buddies sleds ect. right in the cabin at owls head. That night gone so yup keep your eyes and ears open.

Good luck bring out the hounds

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing will keep the trucks from getting trashed if they can't steal it they might just steal the trailer or trash it. I mean you could wire in a kill switch that is impossible to find that is the only way, but they could still tow it. I know the newer dodges are pretty tough because of the chips in the key but it's like anything if they want it bad enough they will get it. Onstar won't be long and they will get around it. They use to say no one would get by the chips in the key, but didn't take very long it just stops the people out for a cruise.

It really sucks man, it's bad enough when your at home and they just get the truck, but out on a sledding trip is just fing terrible.

Big reason I don't stay intown, a lot safer in a small place like 15 mins out of town.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I don't get is why aren't the Hotel and Motel owners doing more to ensure the security of the toys being parked over night at their facilities???? I would gladly pay an extra $20 to $25 per night to help cover the cost of a security person/s who simply spends the entire night monitoring a designated parking area. How about secured compounds, chain link fencing and locked gates that only hotel/motel patrons can access. I know some places have security cameras, but I'm pretty sure I'm eventually going to fall asleep and stop watching that monitor. I'm avoiding going to these great destinations just because of the thefts and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.:mad:
Actually, I'm going to start a thread directed at Hotel/Motel owners asking this question.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best western in sicamous installed a cemment baricade with a steel locking gated at the timmies side. any thing that leaves has to drive past the office. this is the best set up I have seen. way to go Tim!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing will keep the trucks from getting trashed if they can't steal it they might just steal the trailer or trash it. I mean you could wire in a kill switch that is impossible to find that is the only way, but they could still tow it. I know the newer dodges are pretty tough because of the chips in the key but it's like anything if they want it bad enough they will get it. Onstar won't be long and they will get around it. They use to say no one would get by the chips in the key, but didn't take very long it just stops the people out for a cruise.

It really sucks man, it's bad enough when your at home and they just get the truck, but out on a sledding trip is just fing terrible.

Big reason I don't stay intown, a lot safer in a small place like 15 mins out of town.
wild west is 10 mins out of town at Swansea Point.

Top Bottom