Just bought a Brand New 2010 nytro mtx se

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well jan I certainly don't disagree with you on the 08, I had one aswell. However the 2010 is lightyears ahead of the 08. So once agin will say to our new nytro owner wanting out honest opinion, just ride it. You will experience some of the troubles jan has and ones that others have stated. Turbo is NOT a must, I rode for years stock, the 2010 was a wise choice and I guarantee you will enjoy it. Haters are gonna hate and riders are gonna ride. Enjoy your new nytro, I know I sure did! And I continue to do so today.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well jan I certainly don't disagree with you on the 08, I had one aswell. However the 2010 is lightyears ahead of the 08. So once agin will say to our new nytro owner wanting out honest opinion, just ride it. You will experience some of the troubles jan has and ones that others have stated. Turbo is NOT a must, I rode for years stock, the 2010 was a wise choice and I guarantee you will enjoy it. Haters are gonna hate and riders are gonna ride. Enjoy your new nytro, I know I sure did! And I continue to do so today.
Thanks I sure cant wait to try it!!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Best post in the thread.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how old your dad is but it's a great sled and nothing can touch a yamaha for reliablity. But i'm now 55 with bad knees and I have a 2007 apex with a supercharger and it's alot of fun but I had to rent a 2012 articat hcr for one day because my sled wouldn't run and what a differance. Didn't feel like I had a sled under me and it was about 200lbs lighter than my apex, nothing like the power of a s/c but the s/c puts a extra 50lbs on the sled so if u turbo later it will add weight. I found at the end of a 4 day ride i'm bagged and getting into trouble because i'm two tired and I'm not a real agresove rider like my son and ive slowed down alot but I still want to go, so the only thing about the yamaha is the weight not the reliablety, i'm now riding a 2011 , m8 the same sled my son is riding and this sled realy surprised me last year on how well it rode and performed, This sled I bought this summer for 9800 out the door then I took it to kenny at mountain magic and had it dialed in like my sons sled and if it performs the same way as my sons I'll be more than happy. So good luck with your nytro and yes talk to the guys in the mountains but good luck finding a stock nytro most of them are turboed but u will get some good advise and they are a great group of peaple.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how old your dad is but it's a great sled and nothing can touch a yamaha for reliablity. But i'm now 55 with bad knees and I have a 2007 apex with a supercharger and it's alot of fun but I had to rent a 2012 articat hcr for one day because my sled wouldn't run and what a differance. Didn't feel like I had a sled under me and it was about 200lbs lighter than my apex, nothing like the power of a s/c but the s/c puts a extra 50lbs on the sled so if u turbo later it will add weight. I found at the end of a 4 day ride i'm bagged and getting into trouble because i'm two tired and I'm not a real agresove rider like my son and ive slowed down alot but I still want to go, so the only thing about the yamaha is the weight not the reliablety, i'm now riding a 2011 , m8 the same sled my son is riding and this sled realy surprised me last year on how well it rode and performed, This sled I bought this summer for 9800 out the door then I took it to kenny at mountain magic and had it dialed in like my sons sled and if it performs the same way as my sons I'll be more than happy. So good luck with your nytro and yes talk to the guys in the mountains but good luck finding a stock nytro most of them are turboed but u will get some good advise and they are a great group of peaple.

Ya my dad is 52 and just wanted something that he can take off trail and still do ok in the deep powder but hes not a aggressive rider needed to himark the biggest slopes he just wants a sled that u can jump on and ride and not have to worry about getting the sled home so I figured the nytro was the sled for him, I guess will have to wait for the snow and see!!
I also just purchased a 2008 skidoo summit x 800r and this will be my first year riding so it should be fun to compare the two! I know the nytro and skidoo 800 are really not in the same class but im hoping the nytro will be able to keep up with the summit!!

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com

The one lesson we have learned is the key to riding a Nytro is in the setup. We have two Nytro's in our herd, one being Jan's '08 and the other is '11 that is also a Skinz built Black. (As a side note; Yes, herding a bunch of house cats would probably be more fun and easier some days than moving our posse along, but anyway back to topic) We are still working on the rear suspension setup of the '11 but honestly the '08 outperforms the '11 currently with the type of riding we do. If we did more of the point and shoot thing, then the '11 would probably out perform the '08 with the type of rear suspensions that are installed in the sleds. One sled has a Kmod and the other a Timbersled rear suspension.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my dad is 52 and just wanted something that he can take off trail and still do ok in the deep powder but hes not a aggressive rider needed to himark the biggest slopes he just wants a sled that u can jump on and ride and not have to worry about getting the sled home so I figured the nytro was the sled for him, I guess will have to wait for the snow and see!!
I also just purchased a 2008 skidoo summit x 800r and this will be my first year riding so it should be fun to compare the two! I know the nytro and skidoo 800 are really not in the same class but im hoping the nytro will be able to keep up with the summit!!

dont worry it will keep up just fine

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U are going to find a big differance between the summit and the nytro if u get stuck u will be digging by yourself unless u turbo the nytro because my stock apex wouldn't even come close to the m8 so good luck digging

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Trax 2, does yours have a turbo, I wish the word reliable means anything when you are in 4ft of snow and all you can say is how this sled is reliable while digging for an hr. LOL
PS it will make your dads arms grow, enjoy........

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0352.jpg
All I could hear out of his mouth was how reliable his sled was, after 2 hrs he was able to spell RELIABLE 10 different ways, fronteards, backwards, upside down, inside out, with his eyes closed, etc. LMAO

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Sweet Pic :)
Congrats on your purchase........the most important thing is you and your pops get to spend time on the snow together. Those are the best days no matter what.:)
You have some of the most incredible terrain to access from the Coq to the Sea-Sky corridor. Get out and enjoy your ride!!
Please take an "accredited" AST1 course as you begin to travel deeper in the Backcountry.
Safe sleddin
RS

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
No turbo on our Nytro, we have been concentrating more on handling with our sleds. The '08 Nytro Black weighs less than my Cat, but my Cat has a little more horsepower soit all balances out when out riding. I do wish my Cat had the same fuel rangeas a Nytro though. Premium fuel is way too expensive. I also very rarely do anyclimbing anymore and the rush I get from technical riding is just a good as anyrush that I experienced in the point and shoot game.

Top Bottom