Joint pain lol

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good thing to take for joint pain. I was thinking of using lakota brand anyone use this brand? Im young but feel old lol

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apple Cider vinegar. Works awesome...tastes way worse than sh!t. I take 2-750mg tablets everyday, no joint pain.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good thing to take for joint pain. I was thinking of using lakota brand anyone use this brand? Im young but feel old lol

Cold beer and a hell of a good ride... it cures alot!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is a big question requiring more questions:
Generalized all-over ache or specific to particular joints?
Sharp or dull pain?
Previous injuries?
What aggravates your pain? What relieves it? Is this an acute or chronic occurrence?
Any other symptoms accompany the joint pain?
Family history of immune or rheumatoid disorders?
Are you overly stressed or do you work shiftwork?
Have you had any imaging studies done to rule out serious injury (xray, MRI, CT scan)?
Are you sorry you asked?

Generalized answer: the drug Ibuprofen (ie; Advil, Motrin) acts directly to reduce swelling and is usually quickly effective for joint pain. However, long term use can be harmful to the stomach, so if this is a chronic problem, it's not a good solution.

Joint stiffness/pain is often a result of overly tight muscles that surround and support the joint. Careful stretching and massage are helpful in the long term.

Ice therapy is also helpful in reducing swelling/inflammation in the joint and restoring bloodflow, thereby promoting healing.

Pharmaceutical muscle relaxants can help as well, depending on the origin of the pain, but are not curative.

Natural remedies include glucosamine chondroitin, MSM, liquid aloe Vera, pineapple extract and apple cider vinegar regularly.

Last thought: Our body gives us pain to alert us to problems- investigate the cause vs. Masking the symptoms :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drink a lot of whisky, you won't notice the pain. :d

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sharp or dull pain?
Previous injuries?
What aggravates your pain? What relieves it? Is this an acute or chronic occurrence?
Have you had any imaging studies done to rule out serious injury (xray, MRI, CT scan)?
Are you sorry you asked?

Generalized answer: the drug Ibuprofen (ie; Advil, Motrin) acts directly to reduce swelling and is usually quickly effective for joint pain. However, long term use can be harmful to the stomach, so if this is a chronic problem, it's not a good solution.

Joint stiffness/pain is often a result of overly tight muscles that surround and support the joint. Careful stretching and massage are helpful in the long term.

Ice therapy is also helpful in reducing swelling/inflammation in the joint and restoring bloodflow, thereby promoting healing.

Pharmaceutical muscle relaxants can help as well, depending on the origin of the pain, but are not curative.

Natural remedies include glucosamine chondroitin, MSM, liquid aloe Vera, pineapple extract and apple cider vinegar regularly.

Last thought: Our body gives us pain to alert us to problems- investigate the cause vs. Masking the symptoms :)

Holy cow! A proud photographer for sled betties?!?!?!?!? perhapes the in house nurse for sled betties as well. I think he was looking for a more simple answer! :d

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sharp or dull pain?
Previous injuries?
Are you sorry you asked?

WTF? Ya coulda just said Tylenol.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys first couple of years ago i got T boned at 110kph and had my car rolled over two times and ripped my lower back musles. And ive been bricklaying since i was 18. So its my back elbows and wrists that are in pain lol

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF? Ya coulda just said Tylenol.

Yes, Zeebs: I have a day job that finances my camera habit!! (along with my sponsor- husband that is). I specialize in trauma, triage, ventilatory and respiratory failure, transport, and delivering high-risk infants so I am handy to have around in emergencies on the mountain. Here's hoping that never happens.

Tylenol does not work as well as Advil when the cause of the pain is inflammation. Here's why: Tylenol works on the brain/central nervous system to suppress our perception of pain and reduce fever. Advil directly inhibits the chemical mediators in our body that cause inflammation and pain. So, it actually helps promote healing whereas Tylenol just masks the pain. In times of severe pain or fever, Advil and Tylenol can be combined together/concurrently to conquer symptoms with low risk of overdose if used as advised.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys first couple of years ago i got T boned at 110kph and had my car rolled over two times and ripped my lower back musles. And ive been bricklaying since i was 18. So its my back elbows and wrists that are in pain lol

Ya. You are screwed. Get the whisky!!

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel for ya was run over some years back and did some damage to my back did 2 yrs of rehab and work it all out felt pretty good the last ten years then last week while I was sleeping no less go figure my left trapezius went into full on spasm lots of drugs later I still can't use my left arm can't even hold the phone in it. friggin drunk drivers

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had problems with both knees, was supposed to have both replaced, said scrw that, took glucosamine 2000mg 1200 mg chondroitin 500 mg msm ( get at Cosco) stuff tastes worse than shheeet. you could also try omeg 3super concentrated. so far doing good, just don't hit leg sideways. will hold off surgery as long as possible.

wonder how all those young lads doing the foolish jumps, flips, s8t board tricks are going to feel when they hit 40:d:d:d

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder how all those young lads doing the foolish jumps, flips, s8t board tricks are going to feel when they hit 40:d:d:d

As a 26 year old who has been doing that shite for 12+ years, I can vote they will feel like they are 70 when they hit 40.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know 4 people who have had knee replacements, all 4 had been on the Atkin, low carb or high protein diets.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drink brandy every night lol:beer:
Drink more...either that your not doing it right.......I take glucosimine with condroitin two capsules twice a day......took about a week or so before I noticed a difference, but yeah it sure works wonders for me.....but you do need to take the time to let it work.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know 4 people who have had knee replacements, all 4 had been on the Atkin, low carb or high protein diets.

sorry don't know anything about that atkins, i'm on a see food diet,
see food i eat it

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We give our dog Spring glucosamine as she has bad hips. Took about a week to kick in, but it gave us back the more nimble dog she was when we first got her.

Mud Mum

Reaction score
I was really accident prone as a teenager. Among other things I twisted, sprained, tore ligaments etc in my one foot. It was always throbbing.

Devil's Claw (from a health food store) was my savior. Unlike Tylenol you have to take it regularly for a while, but it works like a charm.

Top Bottom