Jetforce Avalanche Pack

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd Buy it. This bag is a great step forward in Av Bag Technology and its nice to see a company advancing the way these items work. A game changer for sure. I hate the fact that they come right out and say the do not like Motorized activities. But when it comes to my personal safety I will not let something like that stop me from buying it.

Post 400 wooohooo

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snowmobile industry is far to large to let a little leaf licking company try and bring it down. The bag is a sweet idea and id buy one but ill give it a few years so the consumers can try it out. Let the skiers be the test dummies.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the idea, but seems like just more things to fail. I test by ABS back every season and replace every 3-4. Never had an issue with it. Lots of questions about these back packs still. The main one I have is how many times am I gonna be able to charge and use and charge again before the batteries need to be replaced (if its anything like my iphone, maybe 2-3 months before my battery is giving me half the life I started with). Next is how much abuse can the batteries and motor take? Electrical stuff always seems the first to f$ck up in the mountains. JMO.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the idea, but seems like just more things to fail. I test by ABS back every season and replace every 3-4. Never had an issue with it. Lots of questions about these back packs still. The main one I have is how many times am I gonna be able to charge and use and charge again before the batteries need to be replaced (if its anything like my iphone, maybe 2-3 months before my battery is giving me half the life I started with). Next is how much abuse can the batteries and motor take? Electrical stuff always seems the first to f$ck up in the mountains. JMO.

Thinking the same thing. Its not really any different than other bags, and you're packing around a battery, a fan, wiring, etc and its more stuff to break and not function at a critical time. Current avy bags are pretty simple. Its nice that it would stay inflated if it got a rip, but I have to ask how much force the fan uses and if it was compressed by snow or intake blocked, would the fan be able to build/keep enough pressure to keep the bag inflated if you were hit by a wet spring avy (same can be said for cylinder types but I think they have pretty decent pressures don't they?).

He talks about the theory for "multiple" deployments at the end, and that if you are scared in any way, you can pull the bag and not worry about the consequences.
Unfortunately this brings it back to the same old debate. Now I know, I know, its not their intent with it, and they're not advocating it, but regardless...well you all know where this is going.

These bags (and all other safety gear) are designed as a "fail-safe" for that unlikely scenario of "what if" (because if you've done the homework, evaluted the conditions and made a good terrain choice, it would be unlikely). If your avy bag needs multiple refills a day, really should re-consider your choices, consider yourself lucky and GTFO of there.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesnt look like much storage room in that pack. Ive probly got to much **** in mine but id rather have it then not...

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does your beacon mess up? not being a dick, just stating. I have never had my beacon mess up and its battery power. I think with the importance of the safety equipment, they pay more attention with those issues...you would think, anyhow? looking right now at carry this product. there is too much going for this product to ignore. anything man made can fail. we sell abs/bca/snowpulse and we have had brand new bags with full cartridge NOT deploy in tests. I don't think there is any less of failure in the air vs battery. just the fact that one can re-use up to 3 times in one day...unreal. I have had mine go off while riding early in the day. didn't want to chance it...rode all day like a dumbass with this balloon on my back..haha. puntures? how possible is it during an avalanche that a stick, your sled, sharp ice, can puncture the very bag saving your life? I think this is ONE of the best safety devices to ever come out. as for the supporting of closing our areas....that is a tough one. I will have one, and we will carry them hopefully....shame on us??

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id buy one for sure. Deflates after 3 minutes, genius!
All you saying the intake might get plugged. Come on you don't think they have taken measures for that...
As for batteries, fan, wires...
Just think back at all the people that were against (more like afraid of) all the electronics going into cars. OH just more stuff to go wrong, I'll keep my carburetor and points system over any electronic dodad that's going to fail.... Now its the norm and way less work to keep running. Who here has taken a car in for a tune up...... I put over 300,000 on a truck with not one tune up.... OH I lied I changed the plugs once... (Oil changes are not a tune up)...
My point is why is everyone afraid of a little technology.
I can only hope the price is reasonable...... Ill be watching for them...

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how the battery holds up after a full day of riding at -20 if he is already at 75% after the first use, we all know how the go pro batteries hold up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats my thought exactly I've seen electronic things with batteries last twice as long in 0 Celsius weather then throw it into -10 weather and it lasts half as long. I also like the fact they can deflate in 3 min. I accidentally pulled mine as pulling my bag out of the back seat of the truck and it scared the living **** out of me! I had to wait until the next morning for it to be small enough to get out the back door or the truck.

I'd like to know how the battery holds up after a full day of riding at -20 if he is already at 75% after the first use, we all know how the go pro batteries hold up

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats my thought exactly I've seen electronic things with batteries last twice as long in 0 Celsius weather then throw it into -10 weather and it lasts half as long. I also like the fact they can deflate in 3 min. I accidentally pulled mine as pulling my bag out of the back seat of the truck and it scared the living **** out of me! I had to wait until the next morning for it to be small enough to get out the back door or the truck.
there is a deflation valve....

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

it may not have been at 100% when he pulled it? he did mention 3 pulls at 30f, I think? that's what -2C? so even if its 2 pulls at -20C and just the fact of the other features of punctures, and the deflation after 3 minutes...huge. not a fan of sleddin in the mtns at -20c anyhow...lol...getting old I guess! go pro batteries do suck. I run a contour....usually run out of memory space before battery dies...no foolin! we should be thinking....this is innovation....its new...whats next? that is exciting! its only going to get better for us. I can forsee those flexible small light weight solar panels being attached...haha....

pjames

Reaction score
if you search round on the 'net there are other reviews of this. Compressed air bags all drawn outside air while inflating also. The cylinder itself doesn't hold enough to fill the bag, it creates a venturi that mixes & draws in outside air to fill the bag.

These seem like a good idea assuming they work as designed. Trying to get a compressed air cylinder filled seems like a PITA IMO. Only time will tell.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does your beacon mess up? not being a dick, just stating. I have never had my beacon mess up and its battery power. I think with the importance of the safety equipment, they pay more attention with those issues...you would think, anyhow? looking right now at carry this product. there is too much going for this product to ignore. anything man made can fail. we sell abs/bca/snowpulse and we have had brand new bags with full cartridge NOT deploy in tests. I don't think there is any less of failure in the air vs battery. just the fact that one can re-use up to 3 times in one day...unreal. I have had mine go off while riding early in the day. didn't want to chance it...rode all day like a dumbass with this balloon on my back..haha. puntures? how possible is it during an avalanche that a stick, your sled, sharp ice, can puncture the very bag saving your life? I think this is ONE of the best safety devices to ever come out. as for the supporting of closing our areas....that is a tough one. I will have one, and we will carry them hopefully....shame on us??

I agree. and not trying to be a dick either but, if your worried about a puncture, get an abs with 2 seperate bags. it doesnt mention anything about how big a puncture can be before the motor cant keep up with air lost. Realistically If your bag is getting punctured, so are you.
Beacons F&ck up quite often actually, lots of people dont realize this. Make sure you test yours and practise with it so you know. My 1 year old Mammut is headed back for testing and hopefully replacement because it is not picking up multiple signals anymore. I would have know this unless I practise multiple searches. Or I may not have known until a real life senario.
Not saying there a bad idea, Just saying I won't have one next year. Use what ever you feel confortable with. But remember these are supposed to be a last resort piece of equipment, not a "well ill just deploy my airbag and then try and climb that face and ill be safe" kinda thing.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my opinion in this: I work in the NWT in a mine. Caterpillar equipment used air compressors for brakes. The newer Caterpillar equipment went away from air and uses hydraulic brakes. Way less trouble than trying to use air. Less froze up air systems less brakes dragging. Less everything. When I see this air pump air bag, it reminds me of the older Cat iron. I won't be buying one.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see the benefits to this bag compared to the others. If you are able to inflate it three times a day I guess you better start packing 2 spare pairs of shorts. I can't imagine I would continue to ride the rest of the day if I was in a situation where I had to pull the trigger. I would like to see them puncture one of these bags and see how well that fan keeps it inflated with some weight pushing on the bag.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the multiple deployment feature would come in handy in case of deploying your bag by mistake .. say a tree branch or a twig yanks on your cord.. or if you get caught in a small slide and pull, but it was just slough or a tiny slide that had no consequence .. you can keep riding with more confidence

i've started and run out of small slides and kept riding the rest of the day .. just chose more conservative terrain... often I try to start managable slides to test the terrain .. would be nice to have a multiple deployment option

that being said .. i'd wait 2-3 years before jumping on a brand new life saving technology

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
the multiple deployment feature would come in handy in case of deploying your bag by mistake .. say a tree branch or a twig yanks on your cord.. or if you get caught in a small slide and pull, but it was just slough or a tiny slide that had no consequence .. you can keep riding with more confidence

i've started and run out of small slides and kept riding the rest of the day .. just chose more conservative terrain... often I try to start managable slides to test the terrain .. would be nice to have a multiple deployment option

that being said .. i'd wait 2-3 years before jumping on a brand new life saving technology
This is somewhat true and why I encourage any owner of any airbag out there to have a spare canister or canister and handle in abs case, I carry several in my truck and often one with me, with sledding it is a no brainer and one extra between ur group is easy, I was ski touring a year ago when Trevor linden , yes the hockey superstar, set off his bag by accident, after we all laughed at him I just folded his bags up and threw in to new abs canister and handle and we were good to go, this was on a multi day trip so I always bring one and for doing avalanche shooters at the bar. It is great new technology for sure but also would like to see afan keep up to a tear, it is still a one bag system so if it pops it's all you have.

kgb117

Reaction score
Yep. After reading some comments I too felt like i didn't want to support a company that does not support me. The tech looks new and time will tell if it's reliable. I love the idea: bigger bag, multiple inflations etc. for those who say what happens if you forget to recharge it? What will happen if you don't charge your beacon or forget to put oil/gas in the sled?

Top Bottom