Jetforce Avalanche Pack

calltrex

Reaction score
Thought I posted the approx prices on here. Don't know if I still have them

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I just read a magazine article that said they would be priced similar to other Avy bags, around $1000.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will be selling around 1200 and there will be no deals as there is limited stock. I am a dealer now for Black Diamond since they bought out Pieps and I couldn't get any.

Blown Motor

Reaction score
After going to a couple avalanche classes this year, in no way is the fan and battery tested in our conditions yet, and is 100% not endorsed by the sled industry yet. Not to say it won't work, but until professionals in our industry get a chance to test it and work with it, 1200 bucks is a heck of an investment based on a guess!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After going to a couple avalanche classes this year, in no way is the fan and battery tested in our conditions yet, and is 100% not endorsed by the sled industry yet. Not to say it won't work, but until professionals in our industry get a chance to test it and work with it, 1200 bucks is a heck of an investment based on a guess!
who are these "professionals" in our industry, and what testing would they do that is different than has already been done? just curious....

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't like companies that don't directly support my choice of recreation. I find it very difficult to support companies that I know contribute to shutting down what I love to do. Any support can't be good in the long run.
Looked at the website and no mention of snowmobiling. In the end, the basic concept of an inflated bag to increase your chances of surviving an avalanche is the same. I like the saying, keep it simple stupid. I'm not sure it's innovative or just another way to inflate a bag.
Could be like the avalung. Great concept but not very practical unless you ride with the mouthpiece in all the time. That battery would take a few hours to charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If sledders buy all of these bags I guess they will have a new target audience....

Can't bite the hand that feeds.

Plus how many ski bums have the cash to buy one of these? Or electricity in their huts to charge it .......

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't like companies that don't directly support my choice of recreation. I find it very difficult to support companies that I know contribute to shutting down what I love to do. Any support can't be good in the long run.
do you drink coke or pepsi? do you drive a ford/gm/dodge/toyota/nissan/etc? these mega corporations also donate to sierra club etc....where do you draw the line in your choice of consumer products?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you drink coke or pepsi? do you drive a ford/gm/dodge/toyota/nissan/etc? these mega corporations also donate to sierra club etc....where do you draw the line in your choice of consumer products?

I draw the line with the choices I can control.
Driving is a necessity not a choice.
There was a list of companies posted here that contribute to the other side and the amounts they typically contribute. I base it on that. I used to eat Cliff bars Loved them. Haven't had one since I seen them on the list.
I can always find another energy bar just like I can find another avy bag.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I draw the line with the choices I can control.
Driving is a necessity not a choice.

we can go round and round about the products you buy as a consumer and who they "support", but the bottom line is it's my money. and if it's something I want because I think it may be beneficial to my well being, I will buy it. unless they support ISIS or some chit. Fawk those guys

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we can go round and round about the products you buy as a consumer and who they "support", but the bottom line is it's my money. and if it's something I want because I think it may be beneficial to my well being, I will buy it. unless they support ISIS or some chit. Fawk those guys

I never once said you shouldn't buy it or questioned anyone for buying one.
I stated my reasons why I wouldn't buy it.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never once said you shouldn't buy it or questioned anyone for buying one.
I stated my reasons why I wouldn't buy it.

I'm down with that, and I'm not saying you should buy one. just saying that I don't agree with your logic, because I feel it is hypocritical.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm down with that, and I'm not saying you should buy one. just saying that I don't agree with your logic, because I feel it is hypocritical.

No worries.
Everyone makes choices how they want, based in their own information and beliefs. I won't tell anyone what to do. I give my opinion and the information I have. What they choose to do with that is up to them.

Proving the avy bag I buy is any better than this one is like trying to prove my Ford is better than a Dodge. Impossible and a waste of time and energy.

If this one works then great. I hope it does, just like I hope mine will.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't buy that equipment because these people against sledding. Personally, I think that balloon looks kinda cool but useless in real scenario when avalanche happens. I am a researcher who works with glaciers and avalaches, so, I did dig personally 3 bodies out of avalances working together with red cross team. Poles didn't work, dogs didn't help. Only radar helped locating these 3 guys, or saying more accurate their remains. Snow gets as hard as stoyne when rolling down, and bodies trapped in that snow usually disintegrete.
I am not saying that to scare you, just stay awayfrom any areas where you may think any kind of loose snowpack exist. It will save your life, and these stupid balloons won't help you.
Well if you still want to spent money get a becon it helps to locate your body.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I won't buy that equipment because these people against sledding. Personally, I think that balloon looks kinda cool but useless in real scenario when avalanche happens. I am a researcher who works with glaciers and avalaches, so, I did dig personally 3 bodies out of avalances working together with red cross team. Poles didn't work, dogs didn't help. Only radar helped locating these 3 guys, or saying more accurate their remains. Snow gets as hard as stoyne when rolling down, and bodies trapped in that snow usually disintegrete.
I am not saying that to scare you, just stay awayfrom any areas where you may think any kind of loose snowpack exist. It will save your life, and these stupid balloons won't help you.
Well if you still want to spent money get a becon it helps to locate your body.
Thanks tips.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy simply because this product isint tested and there's SO much to go wrong with it I.e motor,fan,battery,esc for the motor, circuit board that your going to be dropping/falling on and multiple sensors. Your reg Avy bag has a few air connections and a valve WAY simpler and when u charge the system (not deploy) u will hear a leak if something is wrong, or notice your psi is down. How do u know a sensor failed or motor burnt out until it's to late. No thank you I'm thinkin I will let the hippies be the guiniee pigs for this one.

why support this product when A. The company is against what we do? And B. What we have already is tried tested and true?

Dont be tricked with fancy new technology look and how many stupid electrical failures can go wrong with everything else in out modern life the ever to popular electrical "glitch".

No thank you sir a bottle 2 air lines and a valve for me easy peasy the less to go wrong when it comes to my life the better!

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ Agree with this. If I ever have to pull my avy bag, and don't think I'm going to care that I can't fire it off again the same day. I will probably be shaken up enough that I was caught/almost caught in an avalanche that my day probably won't continue anyway.

Top Bottom