Japan Shred Exchange program

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo.. I have an idea.

the other night, amidst my visit with insomnia a gentleman from Japan contacted me. Google translator is a bit out of whack but what I got from it, is he's been riding for 2 years and would love a chance to come ride over here.... and that there are no women riders over there because it is considered a dangerous vehicle lol...

K so here's my thoughts... do you think it would be possible to do some sort of Japan exchange shred program. We host peeps over here, supply sled etc.. they have their own health insurance, criminal background check and pay their own airfare and we house, and feed and take them riding.. Then vice versa... They do the same for us.
Now for me It would take me some time to afford airfare to Japan, I have 4 kids that eat a LOT, but I would help to organize this. I think that we could get a Lot of industry support, and help to grow the sport Globally.

The guy that contacted me rides a New Proclimb, his buds ride Pros and doos.. so it looks similar to our style. Nagano area is where he's situated. I noticed if someone was go go over there and rent a sled it's a bazillion dollars for an hour. This may be a cool way to unite sledders around the world, and give peeps the opportunity to shred in bucket list places. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: kjb

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That would be an expensive trip to ride the Ironhorse Trail around Bonnyville....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be an expensive trip to ride the Ironhorse Trail around Bonnyville....

ha ha haaaa!!!! I'd better cook Real Well eh!.. K so point taken.. Mountainous terrain would probably be the most sought after locations, but you never know!

Just you wait.. I'm going to freakin ROCK the flat land........:D

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to work for a Japan company. We had Japanese techs come over all the time. I asked him about all the Japanese skiers we see in Canada skiing. He said that's because it is cheaper to to ski in Canada for a week than it is in Japan!

Not sure what sledding would be like.....

just found this...

10500 Yen $110.00 per hour for a deep powder sledding tour....and of that hour you will only ride 40 minutes.

it would not surprise me if you had to pay to use the mountain....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trish......do you get lost often?????? :Hammer3:

OMGOSH haa ha haaa!! Whoopsies!!

So I'm not sure about paying to use the mountain, but that can be something we research. Here's where the manufacturers may come in handy. network over there for a Demo Sled in the area kind of thing.
I'm going to keep looking in and see what it would take.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same Japenese group come out every year for 3-4 days. One guy can ride pretty good the other not so much.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to work for a Japan company. We had Japanese techs come over all the time. I asked him about all the Japanese skiers we see in Canada skiing. He said that's because it is cheaper to to ski in Canada for a week than it is in Japan!
it would not surprise me if you had to pay to use the mountain....

false !

Looking into doing a ski trip in Japan .. airfare is the expensive part .. day tickets are a set price of about $50 all around niseko and accommodations are much cheaper than here .. the only expensive part is getting there

I also saw the snowmobile tour .. something about their powerful 400-600 cc mountain machines .. stopped reading

surprised there wasn't more yamahas in that video .. being Japanese and all !

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same Japenese group come out every year for 3-4 days. One guy can ride pretty good the other not so much.

Ray I'd like to do an article on this. The Japanese sled connection! Would you mind if I interviewed you? I'm moving this next week, but I may have a moment to write a bit, or we could follow up the next week. I write for SnoRiders Magazine and Joydigger
I think I just added you on Facebook :)
Thank you!

Trish Drinkle

Last edited:
Top Bottom