January 2013 Snow Conditions

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep crazy_wheeler said 95 miles today!
hey that map looks very familiar.. LOL..

On another note. The guys that were up renshaw today said they went back over the saddle and back there there was easily a foot of fresh.. They said they had a great day of riding. And it was a beauty sunny day here today also..
Picture turned out better than I thought it would!

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which part of the mountain did you ride. Buddies were riding the ant hills and weinburgers areas and i was told last night that there was about a foot or so of fresh? Were you riding near the cabin by chance?

Last edited:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the ant hills and weinbergers area Friday and it was a great day. About a foot of fresh, two where it has drifted a bit. Only saw 4 other sleds all day other than our group. Looking from the ridge towards the cabin it looked pounded near the end of the day.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WEll the guys that stopped in this morning had rode renshaw yesterday. They went down the staircase to the backside and had snow comin over there hoods all day, then they headed over to the blaxkwater and same thing there and not a single track to be seen anywhere. There is relly good snow up there just have to get away fromn the cabin.

Also they just issued a heavy snowfall warning for us today/tonight.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WEll the guys that stopped in this morning had rode renshaw yesterday. They went down the staircase to the backside and had snow comin over there hoods all day, then they headed over to the blaxkwater and same thing there and not a single track to be seen anywhere. There is relly good snow up there just have to get away fromn the cabin.

Also they just issued a heavy snowfall warning for us today/tonight.

YeeeeHawwww. Thanks for the update Glen. 6 of us heading up tomorrow for 4 glorious days. Looking forward to seeing some good snow ! Anyone else heading up and riding Thurs to Sunday ?

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's in the Renshaw, about 500yds before you enter the trees to access the Renshaw cabin there is a deactivated FSR road on the left. that would be kilometer 29, you go down there and it turns into a couple trails you can follow to a meadow. You follow the meadow to the far end and it winds thru the trees and ends up at a couple chutes you climb up to the Alpine. To the left is the Ant Hills, thats a condensed version, if there's tracks in you're golden.

Last edited:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
so it sounds like it could be DEEEP this weekend? Any updates on total recent snowfall?

About five inches of new snow in town this morning and -6. That means HEAPS of new snow up top and still snowing. Currently no wind, so the snow should stay where it is. Looking like a really great weekend for sledding.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
About five inches of new snow in town this morning and -6. That means HEAPS of new snow up top and still snowing. Currently no wind, so the snow should stay where it is. Looking like a really great weekend for sledding.

My guests this weekend (Feb 1st) just cancelled. Anyone wishing to make a last minute trip is welcome to call me. B & B info/rates can be found at www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com

PS: Still snowing, snow plows are busy

Last edited:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
My guests this weekend (Feb 1st) just cancelled. Anyone wishing to make a last minute trip is welcome to call me. B & B info/rates can be found at www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com

PS: Still snowing, snow plows are busy

Wow, that was fast. Thanks Scott. One room still available - Double Room downstairs (two queen beds).

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359591795493.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359591795493.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 273
Top Bottom