January 2013 Snow Conditions

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there for the week and at the beginning of the week the snow had gotten windblown and temps had risen! But starting Thursday it started to snow, and basically it was still snowing when we left at 6am this morning. The snow was starting to get better in the Renshaw, but visibility was crap for MM6. We still had fun, and the banquet was excellent!!! Higgins.

Attachments

• McBride MM6 003.jpg
    McBride MM6 003.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 600
  • McBride MM6 001.jpg
    McBride MM6 001.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 592
  • McBride MM6 008.jpg
    McBride MM6 008.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 602
  • McBride MM6 009.jpg
    McBride MM6 009.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:

SkunkApe

Reaction score
I can breathe !!!! Woo suppose to snow weds thurs fri sat too ... C'mon !! My snow dance is rusty but I'm working on it .

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Lucile today, there is no new snow there. The trees from the staging area 1/2 way up have snow but from there the trees are bare. The areas are tracked out or heavily wind blown. Even in the trees there was only about 3" of fresh on a thin base. Most of the rocks and small trees are still showing. This riding area needs some serious snow.. Tomorrow we will be riding Renshaw, with the heavy snowfall that this area had yesterday and approximately 30 sleds in today, There should be some nice powder in there. Not sure on bell. And the weather for Monday is clear and -4. NICE...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were the first ones into Renshaw today :) The sun came out and we had some blue skies later morning and afternoon. There still isn't much new snow- maybe six inches... More in wind blown areas where it has accumulated, but I wouldn't call it "powder". The cornices and wind features made for some fun drops and jumps, and there was some nice untouched in the trees. All in all a really good day!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358745154.452016.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358745202.716767.jpg

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone got up and actually rode today. I only had a 3.5 hour drive to get home and barely pulled that off without having to pull over for a nap after last night. :rolleyes:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up to Mcbride for the first time in about 8 years this weekend and can't wait to get back. Spent probably 10 years riding there before i moved down south but just haven't been back since then. Now to figure out that damn snow dance......

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I was sure glad to see all the sledders here on the weekend, thanks guys and gals for all the good comments on the banquet. It was great to be part of such a good group of people, thanks for letting the McBride community be your choice this year for Mountain Mania 6. It was lots of fun Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

I can't believe anyone got up and actually rode today. I only had a 3.5 hour drive to get home and barely pulled that off without having to pull over for a nap after last night. :rolleyes:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I was sure glad to see all the sledders here on the weekend, thanks guys and gals for all the good comments on the banquet. It was great to be part of such a good group of people, thanks for letting the McBride community be your choice this year for Mountain Mania 6. It was lots of fun Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

Thank YOU Leona, and all the hard working volunteers that put together that FANTASTIC Meal, Followed by an AWESOME dessert! Top Notch once again McBride.....

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank YOU Leona, and all the hard working volunteers that put together that FANTASTIC Meal, Followed by an AWESOME dessert! Top Notch once again McBride.....

X 2 that was the best meal I've had in a long time and ya the best dam apple crisp I've ever had ( don't tell my mom) thanks so much for the great work you guys put in !

Last edited:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any recent updates ? Is it dumping up there. Central Alberta is getting hammered

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey that map looks very familiar.. LOL..

On another note. The guys that were up renshaw today said they went back over the saddle and back there there was easily a foot of fresh.. They said they had a great day of riding. And it was a beauty sunny day here today also..

Top Bottom