Jackson Hole :)

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris swept every stock class from 600 to 1000, looks like that low power engine and 15" track is still working ok. What on earth is going to happen when they drop in a few more ponies? :p

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The yamaha turbo's didn't have a long enough hill to spool up.

• Love
Reactions: cs5

Assaulter13

Reaction score
It really isn't a fair event. The hill is deliberately groomed to prevent Doos from having a chance........... (queue the conspiracy soundtrack). >Donning my aluminum cap<

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard they were at the bottom of the hill selling Doo-laid from a roadside stand and got so distracted they forgot to compete ;)

I wonder what Rasmussen has to say about Doo's poor showing??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG,, XM's suck ass!! Get a Pro, cause there is no better test for a mountain sled, than climbing a big ICE/DIRT hill down in wyoming....:rolleyes:

1003_Jackson_HC_14-L.jpg

hillclimb-crowd1,-jpg_jpg-600x600.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This global warming crap ,,caused by man or other wise really sucks,, When I was just a young'n back in 96 when the 670 summit became the first stock sled to go over the top there was acctually 3feet of powder on that hill... Dont see that any more...

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This global warming crap ,,caused by man or other wise really sucks,, When I was just a young'n back in 96 when the 670 summit became the first stock sled to go over the top there was acctually 3feet of powder on that hill... Dont see that any more...

There actually was a decent amount of snow when it started. After all those 16 wide doos spun out there wasn't much snow left and really I thought Yamaha would have a better showing considering they let the 1050cc run in the 600cc class. Hats off to the guys and gals that even take a run at that thing, if it was fresh snow I would have no trouble trying it out but the way it is when they race is just brutal.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There actually was a decent amount of snow when it started. After all those 16 wide doos spun out there wasn't much snow left and really I thought Yamaha would have a better showing considering they let the 1050cc run in the 600cc class. Hats off to the guys and gals that even take a run at that thing, if it was fresh snow I would have no trouble trying it out but the way it is when they race is just brutal.

If i had insurance on my sled i would have no problem trying it out :p. I imagine i would get to that one corner that a lot of people couldn't make it past and it would go down faster than it came up. Haha

4strokin'

Reaction score
I would probably make it as far as Saheen Skinner did last year. Going out in a tunnel twisting ball of glory at the first gate.

Lollollollol!! Me too! Congrats to those folks, that's a nasty mess to ride up right there. Lol I also remember the 96-97 hillclimbs, yeah that was nice snow.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:PDT_daz:
Wait for it, wait for it, the doo-aid riders will have some excuse.

Its not doo-laid anymore, Its Wobbly Pops. The way those things swivel around, you look like your drunk riding it.

Last edited:

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched the Jackson hole Hill Climb online this year and I don't think these pics are from this year. I didn't see that much dirt on the hill. Don't give it to me for my handle FREERIDE73 because I'm going to have to change it to RMKASSAULT73 because I just came over to polaris and bought a '13!

Last edited:

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all honesty I believe this event is 75% rider and 25% machine. Give them riders who won a doo or cat and i bet they would do just as good.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of funny......Jackson Hole world class event.......the doogle wearing crowd is "saying, meh, its all rider, very little to do with brand"..........

I wonder what they would be saying if the tables were turned and their brand won most of the events??

But yet Crazy Canadian makes a couple of posts on how the XM performed in the hills and we saw 300+ posts of "giggling" and "high fives" on how good the ski doo was.....

Top Bottom