Jack shaft and drive shaft bearings/ C3 synchro drive!

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty interested in adding the c3 drive to my xm as well but cant pull muself to spend that kind of $$ just to drop a little weight and have a belt drive. Is there actualy a performance gain?? Those of you that have one now would you buy it again for a new sled??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty interested in adding the c3 drive to my xm as well but cant pull muself to spend that kind of $$ just to drop a little weight and have a belt drive. Is there actualy a performance gain?? Those of you that have one now would you buy it again for a new sled??
My brother did that upgrade to his Xm, there is a gain he said, made the sled more responsive, but not worth the $$$ he said. He swears up and down that the c3 recommended gearing change made the biggest difference, but IMO its hard to tell because he did the gearing change and the belt drive all at once, I wanted him to try the stock gear ratio first to see if the belt drive made a differance, but he did not. Works out to 20/51 with the c3 recomended gear ratio, I have not rode his sled yet either to compare.

yammyman

Reaction score
I, just like Capers brother, did not ride the sled first to allow for a reference point of how the sled performs. IMHO the kits only worth about $500 max. It seems to do a great job as far a throttle response goes. For me it was a matter of dropping a bit of weight and looking cool at the same time, lol. With the carbon can, skid plate, brake cover and fuel cap it all comes together nicely for me. As far as performance gains/cost I'd give it an 8/10....

When I politely asked Kevin why the price was $1000 he politely explained the R&D aspect. It held water in my mind.

I'd buy the kit again... But likely want over need. I'm happy with it though!

Top Bottom