Its almost been 6 months....

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are your Exhaust mods working on the XM's?????

How many positives

How many negatives

How many people switched back

What are all your combinations (if you choose to unveil to the public)

Who all put a can on BEFORE the break in was done

Who waited till AFTER Break In???

I personally stayed all stock to let others test and tune.... 2013 is a new rig and just want to see what bugs need to be worked out....

A thread like this CAN BE USEFUL... BUT ONLY IF it stays on track and people are "well-minded" about what they reply with...

Thanks and BRAAAAAAAPPPPPP on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the stock can first trip and then went to the MBRP next trip. The stock can has just a slight burble at low elevation and the can had a more pronounced one at low elevation. Both cans are clean after 3500 ft.

RockSmasher

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what can my 13 SP 800 has on it. Ceramic coated, round, loud as F_CK, but no markings on it whatsoever. I've been told Jaws, HPS and TSS by the dealer and people who don't know dog shite from dish soap. All I know is, very loud at WFO, no hiccups, codes or issues in 400km.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
I put the thing cooker on mine at 300miles and it sounds good and runs good with no codes. Needed till then just to figure out what I wanted to put on.

Champagne powder

Reaction score
MBRP can and slp y pipe with stock pipe 1500km runs like a champ above 3000 ft. Slight burp below 3000ft.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thing cooker can since day 1.. 2000km and went back to stock

1- too loud on the trail (though loved the sound at wide open)
2- gave me grief with holding RPM and caused bogging and coughing if I blip the throttle mid climb

This is all at high elevation

going to get a clutch kit.. will try it out again and also contact sled shed and see if they can do anything for me .. otherwise in the garbage it goes! (or craigslist ... lol)

I do enjoy the peace and quiet of the suitecase.. and still get to eat warm sandwiches by wrapping them up and putting them on the clutch cover.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I had the same results as you guys with cans.

Out of the box I put on an MBRP on and it ran like crap. Turned out to be a bad injector.
Back on the horse and it ran awesome, except it had a pop n fart between 5700 and 6100 rpm. Chalked that up to break in.
Now almost 300 miles on it, still has the pop n fart hesitation, and the other day my buddy took it for a rip while I was gone to work and said the hesitation was so bad he thought he was gonna go over the bars a few times. Sometimes it would do it right from a stop. It seems to be getting worse not better so I wonder if I don't have another bad injector. It can't still be on break in @ 300 miles or at least that can't be why it still doing the hesitation.
Anyone else have this issue?

Suitcase is going back on, if it still does it then back to the dealer till it runs right. I'm starting to get pissed off.

Other than that no complaints. I love the ride and how it handles and the power when it's on is awesome!

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we got one in our group wit ha SLP pipe kit. Y-pipe, pipe, and can. Works great. Really brought the mid range to life big time. Bottom end wise it has not done alot. Top end you can feel and see more on the hills over a completely stock machine. Hasnt flipped a code yet. Running SLP's recommended clutching, which works for the rider but i think there is more to be had down low if one tried to clutch it there. Sound wise it is slightly louder than stock but no stinger loud.

Top Bottom