Island Snow

IRC

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I try and make it up from Vic every weekend. I prefer jutland but will ride anywhere where there is snow. Always up for finding new guys to ride with so look forward to hooking up as the snow flys.

Jim

R_janssen

Reaction score
Got some snow on the local mountains, but not enough to ride. Went off Island for our first ride, Jim (IRC) and myself to Brohme Ridge. It was a good day, with about 4-5ft of snow. Didn't get stuck and that was the plan. Hoping for more snow for the first island ride. Russell.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
21 more days and my sled is home....Hows it looking now, and whats predictions for 3 weeks from now?

IRC

Reaction score
Russell and I were up about 8 days ago. Conditions were poor. Snow was very wet with no base, None of the stumps or big rocks were covered and temp was well above zero. There has been no snow in the last week but the temp has been below zero for the week. I won't make the trip back up again until there is a significant snowfall! I think Russell feels the same!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May not matter to me my sled and sled trailer were stolen today

IRC

Reaction score
Sorry, to hear that. What are the details? Is there something we can keep an eye out for?

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was stolen in Alberta, I do have a thread going in snowmobile chat..... I am gonna be looking to buy new sled any good Doo dealers on island or mainland? Sled was not insured so it will be an out of pocket replacement (OUCH)

IRC

Reaction score
That sucks, Russell picked his 2012 Summit X at Courteny Motor sports. They are the best (and only) Dealer on the island.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna check them out, it is however looking like this season is going to be a bust for me. :crying3:Cant justify the coin this year

hotwing

Reaction score
anyone done any riding on the island lately? i just got here for holidays.
based out of port alberni, looking to do some riding, would be down to ride arrowsmith, mc laughlin, washington, or mt adrian... pretty much wherever, looks like we might be getting some snow the next few days. PM me on here,

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey hoywing,hope you havin a good holiday,my cuosin was up Jutlin midweek and its still pretty much road riding,suposed to rain for afew days so hoping to get up in afew days,Ill keep you posted.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was stolen in Alberta, I do have a thread going in snowmobile chat..... I am gonna be looking to buy new sled any good Doo dealers on island or mainland? Sled was not insured so it will be an out of pocket replacement (OUCH)

OUCH DAMN! I think I asked to buy ur ol sled in another thread too, sorry lol oops!!!!!!!

I'd buy AB dude, less tax by far

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks gymbrat bought the new one in aldergrove heading to brohm tomorrow to check it out on some snow lol

R_janssen

Reaction score
Any decent snow on island yet?

Nothing yet, still road riding on Mt. Brenton and Mt. Hall. Mt Washington has about 220cm up top and stumps are just getting covered down below, same as Mt. Adrian. Calling for wet snow this weekend so see what happens.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Russ, hope it comes soon or I will be heading to mainland when home at end of month lol

IRC

Reaction score
Was up to Mt Hall today for a kids ride. 1/2 metre of fresh, and most of the stumps are now covered. Unloaded at the splicing shack with deep snow on the road all the way to the cabin.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good, I am back home tomorrow night and hope to get a little riding in at Hall, provided I find the splicing shack. Then going to try and get over to Brohm on Saturday before i have head back to work Sunday morn.

Top Bottom