Is your TOBE gear holding up?

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Narrowed my search down to TOBE PRIVUS jacket and want to know how they are holding up?

Thinking the insulated version and I ride backcountry and trails to get there

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black Kevlar tobe suit
washed 5 times
used hard 3years
and still like new

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had my gear for 5 years now. Washed many times, wear it for all my winter activities. still works great. I would not hesitate to buy it again. I have the Privus non insulated, usually only wear a base layer under it in all conditions

northof40

Reaction score
I definitely don't have any long term use yet... only 4 rides, but my privus monosuit still looks and functions like new.. which is more than I can say about any FXR product I have owned.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 riding buddies with different TOBE one pieces and the ONLY complaint is they could be warmer.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running the Tobe boots and gloves for two years now and they have been awesome, I wouldn't hesitate to buy their gear if you find something you like.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know lots that have them and like the TOBE gear. Its just as much as the KLIM overpriced stuff. Im still debated on the insulated

versus the Non-insulated.

The thing about non insulated vs insulated is you can add an extra layer or two to make the non insulated perform like the insulated. But on a warm day you can't take the insulation out of an insulated jacket. The non insulated gives you a wider range of conditions.

All that being said, i bought a Tobe Doggax jacket at the beginning of last year and its been ok. I'll likely try something else for next year. Not that i hate it or anything, ive just had better jackets in the past.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Been using the insulated cheap azz Free country/insulated from Sams club for the past 5 years and its not the best at being waterproof and has no vents at $39.99...

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had poor luck with mine, failed very fast and had very sh**ty customer experience trying to get it warrantied. They were very unprofessional trying to get this handled. Needless to say I have a tobe onesie with a failed seam that led into a rip that is taking up space. I would not spend a dollar with these guys. Maybe they have changed and upped their quality now as that was two seasons ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 4 TOBE coats and a TOBE onzie. Recently I bought a FXR onzie. Driest I've been on the mountain in 4 years....

Last edited:

CLVTCH

Reaction score
I have 4 TOBE coats and a TOBE onzie. Recently I bought a FXR onzie. Driest I've been on the mountain in 4 years....

Same here, love the fxr suit and was half the price of my klim gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
are most of you using the Non-insulated ? I think if I just have vents I will be able to control the sweating on the hots days of riding. As they don't have a lot of insulation in the insulated versions.
I have a dealer close that sells FXR gear, maybe I should give it a look?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a tobe 2.0 onsie and this is my 4th season on it, ha kept me dry and warm (layers) in everything from frosty flatlanding in -22 to +5 pouring rain don't think I will ever go back to jacket/bib combo. you can get Nikwax tx direct spray, the re waterproofing agent tobe recommends from sport chek.

Top Bottom