Is this becoming to expensive to do?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Priced a new aluminum f350 platinum the other day, sticker price was $95 k .............

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Retail pricing is crazy. You really need to shop around as they will drop those prices big time. It is scary how much they drop the retail prices. Not as bad as RV pricing but still bad. We did a lot of trailer shopping this fall. When the dealers are dropping from $110,000 to 69,000 something is wrong with this picture.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if anyone has a 2012 crewcab long box or newer for less than 30K send me a PM.

Make it 2, i'm looking also.
I've been going to the auction, with the hope of picking one with an issue, then fixing it. Or better yet a repo. But even that is a challenge. SO many short boxes.

bkoz

Reaction score
Funny, I logged into the forum specifically to put my sled in the classifieds. Why? The cost vs fun factor. In my situation my passion is dirt biking and the sled was secondary so its an easy to decide which one to give up.

The additional costs of maintaining another motor, insurance, having a bigger tow vehicle, plus trail passes etc, etc. and it just eats too much cash. And its the time factor too. No matter what, even in my situation being an hour or less to the riding areas, sledding is an all day thing. With a baby on the way it will be even tougher making the time commitment.

Don't get me wrong on those days when its bright and sunny and the snow is good sledding is a lot of fun. But in my short sledding experience those days were so few and far between. The rest of the time was spent dealing with poor weather, or poor snow, or mechanical's.

That being said the snowbiking thing looks promising. There are now getting to be a bunch of used kits on the market and I can utilize a bike I already have. Poor snow or visibility days aren't as big a factor with the snow bikes boondocking ability. In a couple years when the kid is older I can see giving it a try.

YMMV

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you forgot the hair extensions at $500 a pop! lol

I do a bit more sledding than most. But I'm divorced see and marriage, now that was expensive for me.

2 car payments, 2 sleds, two bikes, side by side,house, 400$ jeans, nails once a week, 200$ bottles of fawkin shampoo and the list goes on.

Wow, let me tell yea, sledding is CHEAP. lol

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make it 2, i'm looking also.
I've been going to the auction, with the hope of picking one with an issue, then fixing it. Or better yet a repo. But even that is a challenge. SO many short boxes.

Ya, what the he!! is up with that? Did they quit making 8' boxes? A short box truck is useless to me. I know.....I've got one! Frickin' thing is useless! :rant:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing was a few years back you could only get a half ton in a 8' box as the 3/4 and 1 tons came with 6' boxes.

People complained about this so the manufacturer started pumping out 6' boxes for 1/2 tons and 3/4 and 1 tons get 5' boxes.

So we had 6' of sleds hanging out the back with 144" and 154" sleds, now we have 10' of 172" and 188" sleds dangling back there, Ha.

Seems like longer sleds with shorter boxes,,, guess I should of mounted an aluminum sled deck to my smart car. Ha.

From Don looking back at the good old days when snowmobiling was fun and affordable for the whole family and friends.

Top Bottom