Is my engine pooched?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel carrots pain. He has a 25000 plus machine that hasn't been on a trip without a pretty major issue, don't think anyone would be cool with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray might be second guessing his upcoming brand switch..............If this keeps up.

correct. That does not look like a bad stuck...we all would have tried that spot.

Thats why I am watching forums before I decide to switch.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big tire with big paddles and big horsepower. Equals broken axles! In the wrong situation. It doesn't matter how new or how easy you think you were riding.
I've broke one axle in my wimpy little 800 rzr s. I hardly even hit the gas stuck in a hole. But it caught something down in the mud,and click, it's broke.
Buddy previously said he broke turners , and those suppose to be indestructible.
You gotta pay to play.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy a trailer to tow behind with beer , tools and spare parts, problem solved

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big tire with big paddles and big horsepower. Equals broken axles! In the wrong situation. It doesn't matter how new or how easy you think you were riding.
I've broke one axle in my wimpy little 800 rzr s. I hardly even hit the gas stuck in a hole. But it caught something down in the mud,and click, it's broke.
Buddy previously said he broke turners , and those suppose to be indestructible.
You gotta pay to play.

Could not agree more! We double the power,increase the tire size as much as possible and the lift as well as wieght and then wonder why chit breaks,,,,,,LMAS.
Turners or gorrillas etc are NOT the answer either,,,,,,,Better to replace axles than diffs,transaxles etc........

Just like the big cc quads, more power/tire/lift = more metal carnage, it really is that simple........
As far as its an XMR, its built for this ,if i hear that one more time i an gonna puke................!!! An XMR has the SAME axles, factory snorkels and more decals, As far as tires goes everyone puts on bigger ones anyhow.........And the air ride just MAKES YOUR AXLE ANGLE WORSE IN THE DEEP STUFF......Better off with out it !!

If you really think the XMR decal on the side will reduce breakdowns, you are in for a few surprises..........$$$$$$$.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What so I'm just gonna ride ditches or roads to break it in lol the hole wasn't even that bad View attachment 170961

That pic does still look like a fairly bad hole. I`m sure you were spinning on frozen ground looking for traction. Lots of items need a good break in process. Motor, clutch, belt even the C/V joints could use a little time to wear in the balls to the inner races and trunion before the big test. JMHO if I spent that much on a rig I would take it easy for a bit. That frozen ground makes it hard to get any traction and a easy hole gets tougher fast. Good luck its a good UTV hope things bet better for you.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm glad you didn't list a ranger in this list of break down machines lol.

oh they have their own problems. lol

i have the 900xp as well. sunset red LE. it pretty nice though.

still ride my rhino the most though.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I dropped it off today. Dealer can't even look at it until the 30th. Wow lol

that's still better than simply saying "no sorry that's your own fault fix it on your own"

I've worked in the service side of this industry as a service writer/parts person, we see all type of people come in, I hope the axles are warranty for you.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I dropped it off today. Dealer can't even look at it until the 30th. Wow lol

Might be worth just buying an axle this time and cut your losses, fix it on your own. That way you will have a machine to ride for the up coming long weekend. Just a thought!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I hope the axles are warranty for you.
we may have to get rid of these pictures for him in order to receive warranty. LMFAO! You'll have to tell the service writer that it broke while packing your golf clubs to hole 9. Haha. Good luck buddy. And thanks for being a good sport. This has been entertaining.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be worth just buying an axle this time and cut your losses, fix it on your own. That way you will have a machine to ride for the up coming long weekend. Just a thought!

I'm not really too concerned about the long weekend, I go back to work Wednesday for two weeks to pay for this thing lol

HID power

Reaction score
Well seriously though.. its a xmr. Pretty pathetic the axles can't handle mud. I could see if the wheels were cranked all the way in one direction and I nutted on it, but this was pretty much straight on as you can see in the pics. As soon as it happened I got out and took pics

Note to self.....don't buy nothing Carrots puts up for sale. He runs it like a rental! lol

Top Bottom