Is it worth the extra money????

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got myself involved in a very heated argument over NM's boost it turbo kit for the new Polaris pro's. I have two guys about to be riding new to them silber turbo pros and one buddy goin in for a boost it kit from neil. Who has ridden with a silber kit? Who has ridden with a boost it kit?? How do they compare?? My argument is, that you get what you pay for. Reliability and less time tuning on the hill and more time hauling a$$ up them is well worth the extra money. I'm trying to explain to my buddy that his silber kit, at 4600$, plus a ~700$ upgrade to a gtx series turbo and a 4-500$ intercooler upgrade, which he plans on doing maybe next season, plus running Neil's 1200$ boost it fuel controller kit, upgrading to a better bov for 2-300$, adding his own headlight delete at ~80-100$, grand total of ~7200$ and still not having everything neil has in his kit. Apparently he doesn't think it's worth the extra 1000$ or whatever the difference would be. Even if he doesn't upgrade the turbo or add the intercooler, or any of those other things, will a boost it pro rmk kit, as it is sold from neil, outperform a silber pro rmk kit, as it is sold from silber, and could you justify spending the extra money if you had it to spend on a boost it kit? Do you think a silber kit is proven? Do u think a boost it kit is proven??

and if I might add... I'm not starting this thread to open a bash fest on neil, or on silber turbos. I believe neil will stand up to his 8g price tag any day of the week, and has several times to the doubters on this site. I'm looking for facts only.

Last edited:

ratedxbrad5318

Reaction score
I've got myself involved in a very heated argument over NM's boost it turbo kit for the new Polaris pro's. I have two guys about to be riding new to them silber turbo pros and one buddy goin in for a boost it kit from neil. Who has ridden with a silber kit? Who has ridden with a boost it kit?? How do they compare?? My argument is, that you get what you pay for. Reliability and less time tuning on the hill and more time hauling a$$ up them is well worth the extra money. I'm trying to explain to my buddy that his silber kit, at 4600$, plus a ~700$ upgrade to a gtx series turbo and a 4-500$ intercooler upgrade, which he plans on doing maybe next season, plus running Neil's 1200$ boost it fuel controller kit, upgrading to a better bov for 2-300$, adding his own headlight delete at ~80-100$, grand total of ~7200$ and still not having everything neil has in his kit. Apparently he doesn't think it's worth the extra 1000$ or whatever the difference would be. Even if he doesn't upgrade the turbo or add the intercooler, or any of those other things, will a boost it pro rmk kit, as it is sold from neil, outperform a silber pro rmk kit, as it is sold from silber, and could you justify spending the extra money if you had it to spend on a boost it kit?

I think u guys should ride the f%#]ing things, save 5g's have 10+ less Hp or spend 5g's and gain 10+...

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an Aerocharger setup with boost it fuel management system. Ran great. I have seen The boost it turbo kit, and the Aerocharger turbo kit run side by side on the hill, and the boost it ran better and quicker. Running the same amount of boost,and installed on the same make and size of sled, both running the Boost It Fuel controller. The aerocharger set up is being removed and the Boost It kit is being installed on the my pro now. I have another turbo kit on my dragon (Not Boost It) I hated the fuel controller.Had to constantly adjust it for elevation and temperature. Then each season they would come out with something new to make it run better, and you would have to purchase these items and install them $$$$. Had the Boost it fuel controller installed and the sled ran way better and easier to adjust. Once set just start and ride with minimum if any adjustments. The Boost It crew are riding pretty much every weekend in Revy doing R & D when they are not too busy installing turbo kits. Bring your turbo set up what ever it maybe, and run it side by side against the Boost it kit and see for yourself. If you are not a dick about it,they may even let you take their sled for a run. No brand names or bashing here. Just a satisfied customer giving his honest opinion. If you are happy with what you run now,ride it and enjoy it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave it be Kyle. You'll have all winter to tell your buddy that didn't spend the cash for the Boost It Kit that I told you so. Lol.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im gonna guess that your buddy with the siber set up will have a boost it controller on it by next season. Theres a reason that everybody with a other turbo kit end up putting a boost it box to fix the turbo problems, with neil being in Ponoka Hes pretty close in case problems arise. And the guy is stand up he'll always call or e mail back and stands behind his product!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an Aerocharger setup with boost it fuel management system. Ran great. I have seen The boost it turbo kit, and the Aerocharger turbo kit run side by side on the hill, and the boost it ran better and quicker. Running the same amount of boost,and installed on the same make and size of sled, both running the Boost It Fuel controller. The aerocharger set up is being removed and the Boost It kit is being installed on the my pro now. I have another turbo kit on my dragon (Not Boost It) I hated the fuel controller.Had to constantly adjust it for elevation and temperature. Then each season they would come out with something new to make it run better, and you would have to purchase these items and install them $$$$. Had the Boost it fuel controller installed and the sled ran way better and easier to adjust. Once set just start and ride with minimum if any adjustments. The Boost It crew are riding pretty much every weekend in Revy doing R & D when they are not too busy installing turbo kits. Bring your turbo set up what ever it maybe, and run it side by side against the Boost it kit and see for yourself. If you are not a dick about it,they may even let you take their sled for a run. No brand names or bashing here. Just a satisfied customer giving his honest opinion. If you are happy with what you run now,ride it and enjoy it.

Thanks for your input. That's exactly what I thought. I'm all for the boost it kit. If I ever come over to the dark side and buy a pro rmk it will be in line waiting for a boost it turbo. Just a stupid argument over turbos that's been going on now for a few weeks lol. I just figured asking you guys what your opinions are would put a stop to it.

Again, I'm not trying to bash any brand, obviously one kit will out perform the other, and I have a feeling boost it takes the cake and IS worth every penny. Just looking for your guys opinions..

And yeah snopro..... I know. Pretty risky thread to be starting. Could go south quick. But I'm sure time will tell, I just wish they would drop the argument till then. That horse and been beaten, burned, dragged thru the streets, dropped off a cliff, and ran over by a semi the last few weeks lol.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im gonna guess that your buddy with the siber set up will have a boost it controller on it by next season. Theres a reason that everybody with a other turbo kit end up putting a boost it box to fix the turbo problems, with neil being in Ponoka Hes pretty close in case problems arise. And the guy is stand up he'll always call or e mail back and stands behind his product!

yeah they both have already switched to the boost it box on their silber kits. But they say that theirs will perform just as good, or almost as good as Neil's and that they couldn't justify the price tag on the full boost it kit. They don't believe that the boost it kit is that much better performance and reliability wise based upon "not seeing any good reviews on the pro rmk boost it turbo"..... When in reality that's all I've ever heard was good reviews.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worth the extra for Neil’s kit? I think so; will I be getting a Boost-it kit? I am about 90% sure I will not. For me the biggest draw back to the boost-it kit is having no choice as to who does the install and the extra charge that goes with it. Well I agree no one wants to work for free but come on not only is it the most expensive kit on the market (That I know of) but then I have to spend another 1k to have someone do what I can do myself for free and enjoy myself well I do it. Anyone with the cash can buy a built sled but for the guys who build it that’s half the fun and well I may not have built my own custom turbo kit as least I feel some pride in knowing I was the one who put it all together and made the sled was it is.

Having been told how well the other kits run with his Boost-it box I can save a little green and get to install my own turbo add the Boost-it box and run it. Not to mention I get to scary the wife when she looks in the garage and see my brand new sled in about a thousand pieces lol

JMO

BM

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worth the extra for Neil’s kit? I think so; will I be getting a Boost-it kit? I am about 90% sure I will not. For me the biggest draw back to the boost-it kit is having no choice as to who does the install and the extra charge that goes with it. Well I agree no one wants to work for free but come on not only is it the most expensive kit on the market (That I know of) but then I have to spend another 1k to have someone do what I can do myself for free and enjoy myself well I do it. Anyone with the cash can buy a built sled but for the guys who build it that’s half the fun and well I may not have built my own custom turbo kit as least I feel some pride in knowing I was the one who put it all together and made the sled was it is.

Having been told how well the other kits run with his Boost-it box I can save a little green and get to install my own turbo add the Boost-it box and run it. Not to mention I get to scary the wife when she looks in the garage and see my brand new sled in about a thousand pieces lol

JMO

BM

thats a very good point. But, I was talking to neil at the sledshow, and I see him lurking on this thread already lol, he said at this point in time it's too busy for him to make kits and ship them out. I THINK he said a time may come where that option could become possible. He can confirm that if he chooses to do so.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
LOL...just checking it out.
I'm in Revy right now and am just going up the hill to smash uo my new Pro and make sure everything is good.
This would be a better thread in Jan or Feb.
We really don't have time or interest this season to pack up kits, make instructions, and then field tons of phone calls assisting people install turbo kits.
We are going to sell as many as we can install and that is it for this season, and that looks like about 15-20 more, as we are already booking in to Jan.
Happy customers is far more important to me than lots of customers!

I'm going rock bashing now. Lol

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL...just checking it out.
I'm in Revy right now and am just going up the hill to smash uo my new Pro and make sure everything is good.
This would be a better thread in Jan or Feb.
We really don't have time or interest this season to pack up kits, make instructions, and then field tons of phone calls assisting people install turbo kits.
We are going to sell as many as we can install and that is it for this season, and that looks like about 15-20 more, as we are already booking in to Jan.
Happy customers is far more important to me than lots of customers!

I'm going rock bashing now. Lol

Hey neil. Would u mind posting some updates on snow conditions on page 6371947285829 of the official revy riding conditions thread lmao.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be keeping this thread going for a while just to prove a point. After this I might be in the market for a poo myself lol.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you're buddy made a mistake and should have spend an extra $1000 for the boost it system. Having said that the Silber turbo plus boost it is controller is $5000 while the NM system is $8000. The NM as mentioned will far outperform the Silber system. But really what do you want in a turbo? Do you need the top of the line turbo? The Silber is good enough for most people and will keep $3000 in your pocket! My 2 cents...

Keep in mind there is ALWAYS gonna be another sledder to come by that has a "better" sled then you. Personally I'd rather have a stock or near stock sled and hang with all the mod sleds. Many guys that throw tons of cash into their sled are trying to make up for their sledding abilities while really any stock sled will do most of what they need. Sorry to get off topic...

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hm turbos for the new polaris looks like a good product. worth checking into, if i rode a poo i would

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hm turbos for the new polaris looks like a good product. worth checking into, if i rode a poo i would

Vipec....... That's a whoooooole different argument, not even bothering to get into that one again lmao. All these pre season jitters really has my group worked up. Nothing else to talk about then sledding so there's arguments to be expected I guess lol.

Reactions: NM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there the kind of guys that are going to run 4-6 pounds low boost type deal. They probably went the right direction, put the 3 grand into trips and a three inch, would probably make a bigger differance then the turbo kits, if there going to run 8-14 pounds, I think the differance in turbo kits would become very evident. My 2 cents

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah ones gonna be running around 9lbs on straight av gas and one plans running around 11-12lbs with a boondocker timing key on av gas.

sledhead80

Reaction score

JMO

BM

Well said!!!! I totally agree!!!!!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else got anything to add? Someone has to be running a silber kit or has ran with one.

Top Bottom