Is it worth $2000? what would you do

BAC'S

Reaction score
After taking a trip to revy last weekend I've realized its time to upgrade from my 2011 summit 600 146".
in my research I found two different deals and I'm looking for your input on what you would do or any experience you may have with both sleds. I will be riding about 60% of the time in the mountains and 40% on the trails around the lake.

The sleds are a new 2016 Summit 800 154 SP with one year of warranty for $10,800 including freight and pdi

and a new 2015 pro rmk 800 163 with two years of warranty for $8999 including freight and PDI or $8799 for a 155

I've always had ski doos but I'm trying to decide if its worth the extra $2000 for the xm.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Go with the better dealer, which ever is easier to work with. Saving $2,000 on the sled upfront is nice, but if they're a real pain to do warranty work through, if something bad happens you could be stuck with the bill. Keep that in mind.

Going from a 600 to 800 is awesome in any way. Either sled you'll be happy.

Curious why you never checked out a cat, the 16' left overs are very close to the skidoo price.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say go doo look at the resale you'll have at least the difference back next time plus you'll save on repairs and maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want a good deal look at the Cats , because they blew them out this fall the price is down. And cat has a real strong engine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BAC'S

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. in regards to the cat I've always had doo's and everyone I ride with is on ski doos so if the price was similar that's what I would go with but the price of the pro's are super tempting. the only thing that has me worried is I know the earlier years of polaris had some engine reliability issues and I don't know if the 15's had this issue fixed.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say you will probably get close to your $2000 back when you sell the doo versus the poo.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2016 Summit Sport 154 800 for $7700 plus pdi and tax is a good deal.

Hotwheels81

Reaction score
Whoa there fella....

thats a great deal on a pro but the big drawback to that lite weight powder shredding mountain monster is the lack of proper cooling for trail riding... Even on my 14 Pro 600 with my scratchers down coming off the hill in blue river I need to pull over and let er cool down now and then... Trail riding around where I live on the flat lands at -25 I need at least 2-3" of fresh on top the hard pack or she gets hot... If your always in a bit of powder then it stays cool but groomed hard trails or even soft wet snow riding back out on your own trail the temp keeps climbing...

I'd take the Doo if your doing trail riding more than mountain riding... But that's just my .02

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive driven both sleds the pro takes a little more work to ride but is a very good sled but that engine would make me worry once the warrenty runs out.Im a older guy and I found skidoo easier to ride and ive got a few guys I ride with and they have close to 8000 km on their 2013 xm without a problem so if your going to keep the sled for a while I would go for the doo. If u have a engine problem 2000 will get sucked up real fast just my 2 cents.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the skidoo an eteck? Most of the clearance deals I have seen are on carb models. If it is a carb sled there is no question on what route to go. If your 2011 is the same as the 2010 you might not even realize how much things have changed, and how much easier the machines handle.

Either choice will be a massive upgrade. And there are thousands of Polaris pros on the hills every day with no issues!

Pick what you want and enjoy!

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are going to find slot if different opinions here. We are all passionate about the brands we ride. I ride Pro's (12,14, 15 and17) and I would disagree that a Pro is harder to ride than a Doo. I find the opposite to be true when I ride them. Dealer support is key. And with regards to the 15 motor you can ride it without worry. The issue was 11-13 mainly. I have put fix kits in many of these sleds when they reach 2500-3000 miles and the 14-15 have all had normal looking pistons. Ride the one that makes you happy and meets your budget.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 8500 km on my etec with zero problems I bet you won't find one pro out there that hasent had a rebuild or two by 6-7000 km , but that's just what I think . I had 3 pros and 1 assault but no more Polaris for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I will say is if you sale you will get that over the pro anyways. My 2cents

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the doo. You will be disappointed with the pro. The difference between the 2 is huge.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go With the summit. There is a reason "EVERYBODY" seems to be riding one. Personally to go from my summit to a pro feels like going from a race car to a refrigerator in terms of handling. Oh and if its not upgrade to an Etec.

Top Bottom