Invermere area conditions 2017-18

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha!
The Windermere valley snowmobile society is bringing back the poker ralley this year on March 3.
$20/ hand, kids welcome, 50/50 and lunch at the cabin by donation that will go to Search and Rescue. Followed by supper and social gathering, still confirming details.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rookie sledders or snowboarders? Got fresh, so lots of open stuff in Forster.
Rookie sledders. Couple of em want to do more boarding then sledding but taking em to Forster might change their minds on that lol. And my membership is no good at paradise sooooo lol.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forster is good, trail fees at paradise are 25/sled and 25/passenger this year.
Should Be lots of fresh up there for ya. Trail will be groomed Friday I believe possibly thus.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forster is good, trail fees at paradise are 25/sled and 25/passenger this year.
Should Be lots of fresh up there for ya. Trail will be groomed Friday I believe possibly thus.
Holy smokes they're making pretty good money on the guys going boarding up there eh? Are they still a little bit grumpy about guys using the cabin there too?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sort of, if people respect the fact that the tours are Toby Creeks main focus and the guests have priority to the cabin there are no issues. Some people don't care or don't know this and then it becomes an issue on busy days.

The general public can be frustrating to deal with. The operators are constantly being asked for help in some way from day users. People asking for gas, oil, to tow dead sleds down, boost for truck, borrow helmet, beacon..... the list is endless and for 20 or $25 revenue?

Toby creek now owns most of the property they use and can shut the gates to public if they get tired of dealing with problem people.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sort of, if people respect the fact that the tours are Toby Creeks main focus and the guests have priority to the cabin there are no issues. Some people don't care or don't know this and then it becomes an issue on busy days.

The general public can be frustrating to deal with. The operators are constantly being asked for help in some way from day users. People asking for gas, oil, to tow dead sleds down, boost for truck, borrow helmet, beacon..... the list is endless and for 20 or $25 revenue?

Toby creek now owns most of the property they use and can shut the gates to public if they get tired of dealing with problem people.

Call it what you want. I call back country control by cooperations...

Communism!!

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Forster on Saturday. Made first tracks of the morning up to Thunder water and it was blowing so hard you couldn't see anything. A few guys went back in later in the day but not sure how long they stayed up top. The boys played on the boards and a couple of the new guys goofed around down low. Base is getting decent. Wind loaded faces are fracturing and there's some dodgy layers at about 45cm below surface that are gonna keep being an issue. I'd presume most south exposures are gonna start letting go here soon with any more load.
All in all a fun day in. Trail was in pretty decent shape. Sure nice having a groom right to the cabin.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A heads up to anyone riding Forster.

If you are riding Monday-Friday you have to park near the end of the plowed road at 34km. Do not park in the turn around.
Saturday/Sunday you must park at 27.7 parking lot. Apparently forestry will be doing random checks of this and ticketing people who do not comply, $82.00 ticket.

I believe this is due to the active logging at 30km.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A heads up to anyone riding Forster.

If you are riding Monday-Friday you have to park near the end of the plowed road at 34km. Do not park in the turn around.
Saturday/Sunday you must park at 27.7 parking lot. Apparently forestry will be doing random checks of this and ticketing people who do not comply, $82.00 ticket.

I believe this is due to the active logging at 30km.
Figure there's enough room to flip a 4 place around up at 33 or 34?

2dawgsfawkin

Reaction score
if you can accomplish that, not real wide there to park. they really didn't consider 4 places.

may want to add the 82$ to your budget and park at 27(as out of the way as possible)

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If nobody is in the turn around you can easily get a 4 place turned in there. Was in a couple weeks ago and there would be lots of room. Otherwise you can turn around at the road junction.

Top Bottom