Interesting story...

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the same when I bought my pickup, when i dropped it off to get the first free detail (I signed the papers and took the truck after closing the night before) I politely told my salesman to take the decals and the plate cover off.

He seemed a little shocked at my request but he did get the detailers to take the decals off.

Thinking back of it now though I could have kept the plate cover as they did give me a pretty good deal on the truck...but again I do promote them when it comes to word of mouth

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chalk me up as another who did the same with my truck. Im not into free advertising unless they are a phenomenal dealer and you have with good reason to be loyal to them. If anyone told me something similar on a truck, Doo or anything else that would be the last time they would see me. Additionally they would never see a recomendation. The sled community is small and word travels fast.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here all vehicles I bought I tell the sales guy no dealer decals, never had a problem. On my new Doo also had no decals. On the first post I would like to know which dealer it was.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A dealer in Sk. I don't want to post the name of the dealer as I did not hear the information directly from the salesman's myself. I had never heard of a dealer being so arrogant and thought I would post the story for fun to see if any one had ever ran into anything like this before.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but I know there was in the past, several cases reported to amvic about dealers insisting their decals be applied to vehicles, and i know there was a high profile law suit a few years ago, because the claim was the dealer decals seemed to take credit for "building" the vehicles, and not just distributing them... In the end, dealers are allowed to put their decals on vehicles, but in no way can they force a customer/client to keep their decals on the vehicles. An example of stickers implied the likes of "another big 4" and they would put it beside the "jeep" emblem, so it would say: Another big 4 jeep .... Which is actually "untrue".. They are just selling the jeep..... It was all very silly. This applies to alberta-- don't know about saskatchewan though. This applies to automotive vehicles and recreational vehicles of all types.....

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same sentiment as many in here. I'm not a free advertising tool. Treat me well and I will recommend you, treat me poorly and I will recommend going somewhere else.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A dealer in Sk. I don't want to post the name of the dealer as I did not hear the information directly from the salesman's myself. I had never heard of a dealer being so arrogant and thought I would post the story for ffun to see if any one had ever ran into anything like this before.

Was this the place? Guess I'll find out soon.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A dealer in Sk. I don't want to post the name of the dealer as I did not hear the information directly from the salesman's myself. I had never heard of a dealer being so arrogant and thought I would post the story for fun to see if any one had ever ran into anything like this before.

was it pines? wouldnt be surprised.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There must be more than 5.. Pines power sports marine has 3 dealers. Prince albert, Nipawin, and Melfort.

regina has a dealer and stoon has a dealer. Could be FFun motorsports. Most the guys i know buy from the regina dealer now instead of PA. A friend of mine bought a freeride and a summit sp from pines, hes bought other sleds in the past from there.... he called to get a part and they are like yah sure whats your credit card number? jesus... No dealer i have ever dealt with ever got me to pre pay for any ordered in part let alone thinking one i just spend $30k at would.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Credit card to order parts is pretty much standard procedure at most dealers. To many azz hats order chit in and never picked it up so they dealer is stuck with it until he can sell it to someone else

Top Bottom