Interesting story...

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies snow checked a Summit and picked it up a couple of days ago. He was early for his appointment with the salesmen and he was not at the shop so the guy he was talking to said to come back in a couple hours. Buddy commented that they could use the time to take off the dealership decals that were stuck all over his machine, 5 to be exact. The guy told him if the decals were removed when the sled came back for its complimentary first service, he would be charged for the appointment and he would be placed on a list at the dealership and never be allowed the privilege snow checking another sled from them.

I think I would have ripped them off in the parking lot, told them where to go and never set foot in their business again.

Any one else ever have this type of thing happen?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies snow checked a Summit and picked it up a couple of days ago. He was early for his appointment with the salesmen and he was not at the shop so the guy he was talking to said to come back in a couple hours. Buddy commented that they could use the time to take off the dealership decals that were stuck all over his machine, 5 to be exact. The guy told him if the decals were removed when the sled came back for its complimentary first service, he would be charged for the appointment and he would be placed on a list at the dealership and never be allowed the privilege snow checking another sled from them.

I think I would have ripped them off in the parking lot, told them where to go and never set foot in their business again.

Sounds like a load of bullchit to me. What happens when you put a full wrap kit on the sled then?

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my sled a few years ago, from a different dealer, there was only one sticker on it. I took it off when I got home and when I took it in for a service, the put another one on. I always take the big window decals off my trucks too, they made their money off me, I'm not going to advertise for them as well. Maybe he should ask if they are like sponsorship decals and they could pay fuel for a couple trip this season.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

A dealer would actually doo this????? Lots of ramifications here.......

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unrelated but a friend of mine had her truck Line-X'd in Dawson Creek and they told her that if she removed the window sticker they put on without her consent or knowledge, any warranty on the work or product would be void....umm ok? I've heard of a couple truck dealers who refuse or make a stink out of taking these ridiculous dealer stickers off when confronted too.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ski-doo dealer. They must be drinking the doolade straight from the bottle. And when i mean doolade i mean those french canadian ****s piss.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I call bull crap? A sticker means nothing and who cares ?
Rip it off or leave it on , it's what comes out of the owners mouth as how good the dealer is.
Or how bad ?
Also a two way street as purchaser has to treat dealer with respect also as they will represent you the owner or not?

Last edited:

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a joke I wouldn't even give them my business if they did that to me..

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
DEALERSHIP decals should be a choice if you want them.
The decals for the actual product (safety decals/warnings,etc.) are required to be put on.
Dealers will not install if you work and talk with them. Example: Hey folks I am going to install a full wrap so can you please not install any decals.
Seems a little rich that a dealer would say they will install on first service anyway!
My daughters sea doo bought at Rec Tech in Llyodminster sports there logo, I must admit, a very nice professional well made add on. Looks like it is actually part of the machine.
Many people have commented positively on there logo. Also made for a quick reference when we had to call them yesterday.
But each to their own if they want to run there logo or not.
There is no requirement and it does not effect warranty or future purchases.
Ask the dealer to put his comments in writing or e-mail them and get a written response and then forwatd that to BRP. See what BRP has to say about it. Probably not good for the dealer?
Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your buddy should have pulled out his smart phone, told him he was going to record it and play it back for the owner/manager and maybe BRP, and asked the other guy to repeat his statements. Its kinda hearsay without proof, if your buddies comment about tacky stickers wasn't well received by the dealer guy, could be a different story depending on which side of the fence you are on. Can't even tell what province or city the dealership is in. End of the day, 5 stickers is about 4 too many IMO, your buddy should have told them to keep the stickers and not worry about the first service appointment. After blowing $12K+ at a dealership, I'd expect them to hand me a voucher for a free service, not hand out ultimatums. Decaling up someone's $14,000 sled with super tacky dealer stickers is lame, good dealers don't need to have their names all over crap, word of mouth sells their product. Someone needs to inform Salesdude/serviceman that stickers don't sell sleds, reputation does. I would have asked him to give me 5 stickers and point out his car/truck in the parking lot so I could go affix them to his vehicle. Unless they are handing out big discounts for the free advertising, once the paperwork changes hands, the sled belongs to someone else, not the dealer, and buyer can do whatever the fawk they want with it.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be by choice not by force. I don't leave dealer stickers on unless they are reputable and provide the service I pay for in a fair manner.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My new truck had all the dealer decals across the back window taken off. Gave the dealer a choice, remove or knock a grand off of the price for advertising. Decals weren't on it when I signed the papers.

Top Bottom