Insurance For Young Drivers

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm paying 2000/year roughly off by 20 bucks. No collisions or tickets after a year of driving. Just plpd on a '99 intrigue. My mom used to work at state farm and seems to think she gets the best rates. What a load. I got a '94 chevy silverado 6.5dsl and I'm going to shop around now instead. I drive like a regular person to, no sense wasting gas to get somewheres a couple seconds earlier.

How did you guys get 1400/year? I do live in the city how ever.

I took driver training and live on a farm. Truck is a 97

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im 26 and my insurance is still high with no accidents or tickets. that 25 thing is bs. the trick is to have your place of residence on an acreage, saves you 1000-1500 a year compared to in the city. or get a sask address and get their insurance

I am pretty sure out of province insurance is no good after 30days, you really don't want to lie to insurance companies, if you need them and they find out you're screwed.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$2000 sounds about right for a year of driving. I started at $2200 at 16 and went down like 10% a year. I now pay $1600 for my 2007 dodge ram 2500 diesel with plpd at 22 with 2 minor speeding tickets. But I get a discount because I have house insurance with them. The second ticket costs me about $100. Full coverage on the truck with $1000 deductable would cost me $5000 though. If it was a 3500 it would only be $3000 which is so frigging stupid.

Insurance will keep droping decently as you get older though. My brother only pays $1800 for his 2011 dodge ram 3500 diesel with replacement and all that stuff. But sticking with one company means nothing, I was with intact for 5 years and got tired of their crappy rates and switched. Even for minor savings, i'd have no problem switching companies every year. They do not give any discount for staying with them.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that's the only reason I took it ha. I seemed to think it was something like 10% a person would save

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that's the only reason I took it ha. I seemed to think it was something like 10% a person would save

Drivers training will save you money on Collison however it dont do anything to Your PLPD maybe 15 20 bucks a year.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure out of province insurance is no good after 30days, you really don't want to lie to insurance companies, if you need them and they find out you're screwed.

Not true, you just have to notify them (SGI anyway). My old lady did her master's program in Minot and she had to up her liability and that was it.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I never seen a rate decrease until after 30 yrs of age with a very clean licence. I have my personel through Co-Operators and have been very happy with them. My commercial is through Aon Reed. I have also found along the way that a proven track record with an insurance company is a good thing. Once you find one you like stay with them :) Alot of the insurance brokers deal with the same carriers so keep that in mind. To many fingers in the pie add up to $$$ out of your pocket :mad:

I've also found that if the quote is high they really don't want you....

Last edited:
Top Bottom