Inquiry?

Alfred

Reaction score
I have a 4 place trailer and we want to put a sled in the back of the truck so we can haul 5. The truck is 2007 GM 1 ton extended cab single wheel with an 8' box. We have a sled deck on the truck. The problem is that with the sled on the truck it sticks out past the box. Can you get a 12" extension for the trailer hitch or am I asking for trouble. Any ideas.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 place trailer and we want to put a sled in the back of the truck so we can haul 5. The truck is 2007 GM 1 ton extended cab single wheel with an 8' box. We have a sled deck on the truck. The problem is that with the sled on the truck it sticks out past the box. Can you get a 12" extension for the trailer hitch or am I asking for trouble. Any ideas.

accident waiting to happen. Don't do it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've always managed to cram 5 sleds into a 4 place as long as they aren't all 163's

Alfred

Reaction score
Two 154" One 163" and two 146" tracks in a 24" enclosed, I don't think I can do it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try long one frontwards in the middle right up in the vee, next two backwards as far forward as possible on either side of the first, last two(shortest) frontwards behind them all. You may be right, the trailer we went in is a 26 or 28 footer I believe.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adding length to the reciever reduces the amount of weight that you can put on it. There is a formula for how much it is reduced. As stated before, don't do it.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Can't pull the trailer with a 146 right in the middle of the deck?
Have you tried loading a sled diagonally across deck??

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alfred

Thats a lot of smelly riders in the cab o that there pick up. I have a 12" extension you can borrow to try it out if you like, or an extra trailer you can borrow if somebody else wants to pull or I have space in my enclosed if you want to invite me. Check your PM for my number.

Orrin

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I worked in the fab shop we built a guy a 5 foot reciever. (it had to go under his long camper to his car trailer) we added a second 2 inch tube with a 3 inch spacer welded under his stock class 4 or 5 hitch. then we built a reciever that was like a small truss or zig zag brace. the reciever had two 2 inch tubes that slide in to the female reciever. he ran two cables with turn buckles to tighten it up......worked great. this was 5 feet not 12 inches. if you want to go over kill do the same with 2- 2 inch tubes but leave the cables off. build the reiever out of 2x 1/4 and you cant go wrong. if you come through sicamous I can give you a name of a great fab shop in Salmon Arm that would do it and would hold anything!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and my last truck I had a 2 foot drop hitch that was angled back a foot. no problems with it also lol just remember steel is your friend lol. the twin tube reciever is a great way to remove that slop also since there is two pins. I also welded a 1 inch nut under my reciever tube with a hole in the tube. I had a 1 inch bolt 1 1/2 inches long. when I put my reciever in and put my pin it I just tighted the 1 inch bolt and it was like a clamp in the reciever. got rid of all slop since 1/8 inch movement over 2 feet is more like a inch or two. keep that bolt lubed up because they size up over time if you leave it in lol. 1 foot is nothing, could build it in my back yard lol

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im thinkin it would be stronger and more safe to add to the hitch on your 4 place trailer.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is a great idea! I need the drop for height reasons and the guy we built the extention needed the length to clear his camper. you just need a foot so ya 10 min job to extend your tube on trailer lol sorry didnt see that coming lol do that for sure! been sitting in bed sick for last two days so kinda brain dead lol

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
You can buy a 12" extention from Princess Auto. Says right on it you loose 50% off what your reciever is rated for.:confused: And also the futher you go back out past the reciever, it is like a pivot point and starts to lift you front tires off.:eek: Don't need that going threw the hills.:( Best is exstend the hitch on the trailer.:d

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com

You should be able to get all of those sleds in a 24' trailer if your talking about 24' of straight wall. We used to run 5 mountain sleds in a 22' of straight wall trailer. Loaded from the front.

Top Bottom