Best Diesel regardless of make or year…

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats diffrent now . You still have a pump and Injectors . Some people think it may cause problems with EGR and Particular filters but thats about it .
Has to do with these "clean" fuel systems and delivery methods. Newer intermittent injection systems don't seem to respond to the extra lube sort of speak. Talk with your dealer mechanic and see what he has to say and let us know. On my old 12 and 24 valves I did this, same in one of my gravel trucks that has a N14 in it and yes they do seem to smarten them up, not any more than seafoam however. All my older mechanical engines get some seafoam periodically and just before oil changes. The newer trucks and equipment pretty much get left alone. I tried running different makes of fuel conditioners and found my fuel economy actually went down so I just leave it alone now unless I know I'm getting some marginal quality of fuel like from a old tank or remote locations but that's just usually to battle possible water contamination.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no question a 12 valve is the best
ran my on 20 litres of grease from a charity pancake breakfast. I wont EVER do it again, but it did run and smelt pretty cool haha
The time I ran used oil in it, it stunk like a SOB, like someone ran over a dog.
I don't recommend doing either of the things I did, but I had to test it for myself haha

the diesel clean is hit or miss for me.
Ran 1 bottle in my 2012 and the headgasket blew (coincidence on borrowed time and running hot tunes perhaps) But I will never run it in my 6.7 again
ATF in the 12 valve made the fuel line from the p7100 leak, coincidence again, they had 440,000 kms haha

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just saw that one of lavon miller's builds did 3336hp on the uuc dyno. I'd say that Cummins is the best diesel out there haha.

Can you imagine that much hp and I think 3600ftlb in a 5000lb 4x4 vehicle

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem with GM is the cab is too small. Back seat is built for small kids with short legs.
Ford cab is the best I’ve seen compared to a MC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You obviously haven’t sat in a new body style then. GM is Bigger and easier to get in and out of than the ford imo.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just saw that one of lavon miller's builds did 3336hp on the uuc dyno. I'd say that Cummins is the best diesel out there haha.

Can you imagine that much hp and I think 3600ftlb in a 5000lb 4x4 vehicle
Absolutely useless. Trying to tow at 750 legit dump proven hp is even a stretch.

Plus the only thing common between that engine and any Cummins ever built for a pickup is the fact they both have 6 holes.

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You obviously haven’t sat in a new body style then. GM is Bigger and easier to get in and out of than the ford imo.

Sure have, I was going to order one until I found out it doesn’t come with a bunch of options due to lack of chips but price didn’t reflect it . Vs the Ford! I was referring to the back seat.I found the ford cab bigger but MC is still the champ in this dept!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My list
08 srw 3500 mega cab,
2012 dually MC
2012 srw 3500 MC
2012 srw 3500 MC
All chipped and deleted the same
The 08 pulled the hardest and ran the best, I’m told that year I TER cooler was bigger.
I always ran on the tow mode pulling the tranny time made big difference.
I just sold my last 12 to the USA.
I borrowed a buddy’s 2013 Ford F-350 dually to pull my toyhauler to Kelowna…. It’s a stock truck and I hate to say it but it pulled way better that my dodge ever did.
I chalk it up to the 6 speed tranny keeping it in the torque range.
My next truck will have min 6sp. I’m kinda done with the Dodge game, love the motor, hate the wrapper syndrome! Tired of bad lights, bad seats, rusted out floors oh and front end issues, ball joints steering breaking etc

Daaa, all your Dodges were 2012 and older. They really stepped up their game since then. I did like how a newer Ford pulled but the Ram is way different now too.

Last edited:

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Daaa, all your Dodges were 2008 and older. They really stepped up their game since then. I did like how a newer Ford pulled but the Ram is way different now too.

I’m sure they have just time for a change. Had a 2021 f350 on order but let it go as started new role at work and don’t need a truck till next year. So decided to wait and see if truck market chills out a bit…lol
I picked the f350 based on payload and hp #s vs gm or dodge.
The ford srw payload was like 4600# the gm was 3700#
So f350 wins big in this dept!
My 2012 3500 MC srw was 2400#…. Horrible!

It’s amazing how many people going down the road in a 2500 with a 40foot toyhauler …. No way they are legal !

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem with GM is the cab is too small. Back seat is built for small kids with short legs.
Ford cab is the best I’ve seen compared to a MC.

In 2019 when we were suddenly in a situation of having to buy a new truck, I decided to keep an open mind and try them all. I liked the look of the GMC truck , but once inside and driving, it just wasn't for me. I'm 6'5" and about 195Lbs. Felt like it had less room, sightlines were poor for me, gauges and gauge view was not good, hated the lag from the gas pedal and didn't like how much effort it took to stop the truck. Right beside the GM dealer was a Ford dealer. Took the 350 for a drive...much more comfortable for me, felt like it had soo much more room, much better sight lines, better gauge view, better giddyup and braking. Ended up with the Ford.

Top Bottom