injector problem on apex

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Actually NM correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the intake air pressure sensor (code 20) is located between injectors 3 and 4 kind of right on top of the fuel rail I guess it is and your right it does have vacuum lines to it which I took off today and gave a good blowing and dried out the connector so hopefully tomorrow I can get a test ride in. I will post back the results I want this sled working before all the snow gets here...lol. The sensor you are referring too I'm not sure what it is for and I was going to look into that also as it is not protected from snow at all and does have a little nipple thing which I assume was hooked onto the air box somehow!!?? Thanks for the input.
There are two pressure sensors. The one on the throttle bodies is a intake air pressure sensor, and the one in the nose of the sled is a absolute air pressure sensor. The nipple is pointed straight down so moisture will not enter the sensor. MCX did run a pressure line to the AAPS to trick the stock injectors in to thinking they were at sea level. We did the same thing on some of our Apex kits last season to accomplish the same result.
If you are getting the code for the sensor on the throttle bodies, then it is best to just change it out. We have seen a couple fail.

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
OK thanks that's good to know! If you have seen them fail does that mean the code 20 is on steady because mine comes and goes leading me to believe its moisture or a connector!?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time to bring this post out of the dust pile......I'm having the code 20 isue that is staying on steady......what is the differance between code 14 and 20? it cant be frozen because it is plus 3 out side lol.....any more input on this would be great! how can I tell which of the two sensors it is? they both you the same part number at least.....but they are $150 each......I need to find a used one to try first!

Last edited:

menace1

Reaction score
I had that issue when I owned that sled big guy. Just happened one day, the sled started running poorly, directly related to the wires goin into the injectors. Take it into a yammy dealer, they'll fix it up quick. This sled has a pure tragic box on it plus the extra 4 mcx injectors are by-passed plus the control box removed (like that when I owned it).

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had that issue when I owned that sled big guy. Just happened one day, the sled started running poorly, directly related to the wires goin into the injectors. Take it into a yammy dealer, they'll fix it up quick. This sled has a pure tragic box on it plus the extra 4 mcx injectors are by-passed plus the control box removed (like that when I owned it).

any idea what they did? I hate taking it to the dealer! I have a used pressure sensor coming....what does a code 20 have to do with an injector wire? I'm trying to save my pennies to get a "Boost-it" fuel box put on and reactivate the MCX injectors.....it is suppose to really wake the MCX apex's up!

theflamanguy

Reaction score
I have a similar situation with a boosted Nytro 180 Overkill...cant get it past 7300rpm and wont idle when warm. Thinking its an injector or at least fuel related. Sled runs fine otherwise. What do you think? im liking the sea foam idea. thats a cheap fix if i do have an injector issue

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an injector issue.....did the seafoam thing and have never had a injector issue again......right now I'm having a code 20 issue and it looks like my Pure logic fuel box crapped out......

I have a similar situation with a boosted Nytro 180 Overkill...cant get it past 7300rpm and wont idle when warm. Thinking its an injector or at least fuel related. Sled runs fine otherwise. What do you think? im liking the sea foam idea. thats a cheap fix if i do have an injector issue

Top Bottom