injector problem on apex

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the sea foam in 10 miles has takin about 95% of the miss away. I thought it was totally cured till I heard it do it for a few seconds about 200 feet from the truck.......WAY BETTER throttle responce. almost like no turbo lag.........and pulls like a freight train at 10 PSI (turned it down as low as it goes). going to go for another ride tonight. I still need to get a new O2 sensor to check the Air/fuel mixture.

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Injector number 4 has been a problem. Last turbo apex we did had your problem right out of the box, just had to replace injector number 4. PG Yamaha had one of theirs do that too right from the get go. Always good to check the box though too, Neil had a good idea. I'm betting its a bad injector or just dirty. Hope the sea-foam cures it. If not just replace the injector.
CR

muffin

Reaction score
Powder Lites in the Moose has a tester / cleaner that seems to work good just had mine done watched it done , but check your wiring connections mine gets wet at the regulator and other related crap in the nse cone of my apex then it to does what your sled does. just a thuoght :beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like the seafoam worked.......about 50 miles today and zero isues......she ran on all four all day......going put a little bit in every tank now.........$10 fix in a bottle.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much did you use approx? half bottle... quarter bottle??? how low was your boost turned down too? mine will only go down to about 9/10 lbs.

Cutting Edge

Reaction score
how much did you use approx? half bottle... quarter bottle??? how low was your boost turned down too? mine will only go down to about 9/10 lbs.

I put a full bottle in 5 gallons of 94 chevron......turned boost to lowst setting 10 pounds.....worked it from idle to 1/4 throttle down the trail for 10 km....cured most of it with in the 10 km but I heard one burp coming down just before I parked it........it sat for a week and went for a ride from the house to owls head cabin.......Zero problems........filled back up with straight Av gas and set boost to around 16.......ALL GOOD.....seafoam works! hey modmanmike.....you got my phone number for any questions......let me know if yours works!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DUDE!!!! the seafoam worked great!!! sled runs smoother then it has all year! I put a full bottle in just like you said ant went down the trails this aft for about 25 30kms. it idles better and spools faster and it smartened right up in the first 5 or 6 kms. boost was at 10lbs and just cruised at mid throttle. Thanks a ton!

Cutting Edge

Reaction score
DUDE!!!! the seafoam worked great!!! sled runs smoother then it has all year! I put a full bottle in just like you said ant went down the trails this aft for about 25 30kms. it idles better and spools faster and it smartened right up in the first 5 or 6 kms. boost was at 10lbs and just cruised at mid throttle. Thanks a ton!

that is two out of two fixed with seafoam.......$12 in a bottle compared to injector and time to change it.......

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked on seafoam website, shows sucking in on a vacuum line, then pouring into the engine oil, then the rest in the gas tank. Did you guys do this or just put into the tank? I tried some in my car, but only put into fuel tank. Seem kinda odd to pour into oil. Good to hear cleared up the 2 sleds, buddies mcx apex is doing similar things.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked on seafoam website, shows sucking in on a vacuum line, then pouring into the engine oil, then the rest in the gas tank. Did you guys do this or just put into the tank? I tried some in my car, but only put into fuel tank. Seem kinda odd to pour into oil. Good to hear cleared up the 2 sleds, buddies mcx apex is doing similar things.

when I put it in the oil in my truck I pour it in the day before I change the oil.......then drop the oil and do an oil change.....50 -100KM but I like to also let it sit over night.....as for the vacuum line thing well I just wanted to get the seafoam into the fuel rail to clean out the injector.......did another ride today and the injector problem is 100% gone.......I swear by seafoam, but have never need it in a sled before......way cheaper than changing an injector.........I wonder if guys with 800 polaris should try this........slightly dirty injector will cause it to run lean.....it wont hurt it!

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
Hi guys Im having a simlar issue in this thread with me "new to me" 2007 apex mcx rear mount seems to be running on 3 cylinders engine wont rev past 9000 rpm and even idles rough going through all connections and changing the plugs for starters, anyone know how to check the secondary efi control box? Forgot to mention that code 20 intake air pressure wouldnt go away while riding now its in the warm shop its gone!?Thanks.

400hp

Reaction score
if it is injector problem it usally inj. # 4...we tried seafoam but didnt get any results...so we have been just changing #4 injector once a year and carrying a spare one in trailer...good luck

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it is injector problem it usally inj. # 4...we tried seafoam but didnt get any results...so we have been just changing #4 injector once a year and carrying a spare one in trailer...good luck

I have two sets of stock 07 apex injectors for sale .

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com

Ya funny you say that got around to pulling plugs and 1 and 4 spark plug wells were full with alot of water I assume that would not help the spark plugs do there job and helping foul up the injectors. Giving it a try tomorrow wit plug change and went over lots of connectors will post back results.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cylinder full of water or gas? if water..... is it green? if gas, going to say injector is stuck open!

Ya funny you say that got around to pulling plugs and 1 and 4 spark plug wells were full with alot of water I assume that would not help the spark plugs do there job and helping foul up the injectors. Giving it a try tomorrow wit plug change and went over lots of connectors will post back results.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a similar problem last season. thought it was an injector or plug. it was actually my inline fuel filter was plugged. changed the filter and it was all good.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your plugged filter caused fluid in he cylinder???? lol did your filter cause a lack of boost or just the ruff running part?

had a similar problem last season. thought it was an injector or plug. it was actually my inline fuel filter was plugged. changed the filter and it was all good.

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
cylinder full of water or gas? if water..... is it green? if gas, going to say injector is stuck open!

Yes water and alot of it I assume from the owner before me just ran it with the stock apex hood and no headlights so there was a huge opening where the lights should be allowing WAY to much snow in. I pulled the plugs and 1 and 4 plug wells in the valve cover had alot of water in there and the plugs themselves were very rusty so its been there awhile. Changed the plugs cleaned up the plug caps and it pulls clean on the short test ride I had it on yesterday, previous to that it would not rev above 9000 now it was 10,500-11 for rpm. Now I have to sort out the code 20 intake air pressure that blinks now and again...? Anyone ? I thinking water in the sensor also or the sensor itself.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Yes water and alot of it I assume from the owner before me just ran it with the stock apex hood and no headlights so there was a huge opening where the lights should be allowing WAY to much snow in. I pulled the plugs and 1 and 4 plug wells in the valve cover had alot of water in there and the plugs themselves were very rusty so its been there awhile. Changed the plugs cleaned up the plug caps and it pulls clean on the short test ride I had it on yesterday, previous to that it would not rev above 9000 now it was 10,500-11 for rpm. Now I have to sort out the code 20 intake air pressure that blinks now and again...? Anyone ? I thinking water in the sensor also or the sensor itself.
That sensor is in the nose of the sled on the pto side. It has a small nipple that points downward to moisture can not go in to the sensor. Some of the eaarly MCX kits put a boost signal to the sensor which can get water in the vac line. If there is a vac line hooked to it then pull it off and see if there is any water in the line.

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
That sensor is in the nose of the sled on the pto side. It has a small nipple that points downward to moisture can not go in to the sensor. Some of the eaarly MCX kits put a boost signal to the sensor which can get water in the vac line. If there is a vac line hooked to it then pull it off and see if there is any water in the line.
Actually NM correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the intake air pressure sensor (code 20) is located between injectors 3 and 4 kind of right on top of the fuel rail I guess it is and your right it does have vacuum lines to it which I took off today and gave a good blowing and dried out the connector so hopefully tomorrow I can get a test ride in. I will post back the results I want this sled working before all the snow gets here...lol. The sensor you are referring too I'm not sure what it is for and I was going to look into that also as it is not protected from snow at all and does have a little nipple thing which I assume was hooked onto the air box somehow!!?? Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Top Bottom