Im baaaack. (well, next season anyways)

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been out of sledding for 2 seasons now and cant take it any longer. Im looking to snow check a 2011 M8 RTR turbo. Very little info on the net on where to get one. Talked to my dealer already via email and he says they did not have access to this machine. Any info would be appreciated including price range for the machine. THX.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it...Where did YOU hear about it. What is it even? I know what an M8 is, but never heard of an M8 RTR turbo...

M8 Ready To Ride Turbo(RTR), was supposed to be a factory pump gas turbo at 205HP with a two year warranty. Never heard of any materializing.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found some info in other forums that was old. I saw a picture earlier , I'll try to find it again. It can be ordered through participating dealers only from boondocker. I believe one place was Fastoys in Montanta (not 100% sure that name is correct). Im looking for an Albertan dealer that can get one though. Also, from what i read there is no warranty from cat on this sled maybe through boondocker?? I realize i can build one myself, but the cost from what im hearing is much more to do it piece by piece, and besides, it comes ready to rock right out of the box!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a wives tale. As far as I know Boondocker was supposed to be building them ( with some performance shop )and offering an in house warranty. Nothing to do with cat. Never actuallly heard of one being bought but im sure you could purchase something similar from any of the builders on these sites. Lotsa guys bolting the turbo's on, just gotta find the place that knows how to set them up.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True enough. Boondocker USA got back to me on the email i sent them. One dealer in alberta is authorized to arrange building an rtr. Here, this is what they sent me.

The RTR sled is only available directly from BoonDocker either in the U.S. or from “BoonDocker Canada”. Turbo kits are available from many BoonDocker Dealers in Alberta if a turbo kit is all you looking for. The way the program works; you provide a “New” sled to base the RTR package on to BoonDocker, we do the complete RTR package set up, test ride the sled, and make arrangements to deliver the sled to you when completed. We do have a local Cat dealer we work with for providing sleds to us if you prefer. The prices from this dealer are in line with other dealers and it saves you delivering the sled to us. If you would like more information please give us a call toll free @ 1-877-449-2699.

Reid Hedlund

BoonDocker, Canada.

Last edited:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bunch of things, but the biggest was not going enough, I cant stand having stuff around that isn't being used.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reid Hedlund got back to me with a base price for a boondocker pump gas turbo RTR package is 7000 US.

Turbofreak

Reaction score
Dude just get yourself a 2011 cat and get any reputable dealor who has installed Turbo's like Echo Cycle in Edmonton or Don's Speed Parts in Wainwright to install it if you dont want to take it on yourself. Just get some vents, clutching components, and gauges and you can customize it any way you want to. The RTR is no different and this way is no more expensive.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup I agree with the above, I think once Burandt dumped cat the RTR went a bit sideways, the original thought was to be able to provide factory warranty and that did not happen, so really just pic your turbo and away ya go,,

I would recomend Linderman in the pass if ya like cats,, he knows his stuff from start to finish.

as it goes for what turbo that is up to you,,, I didnt have the best experiance with my BD set up

I here Twisted turbos are running good,, never tried one on a cat but I did try a dragon with pump gas twisted and I was impressed

I would do the twisted turbo and ask Lyle from twisted everything he would recomend, I am not sure what cllutch they are using, but clutch, vents, and some guages and you are off to the races:beer::beer:

Turbofreak

Reaction score
Yeah exactly Johni_T...you hit the nail on the head there. Although Bret Rasmussen is still doing R+D work in a collaberated effort between Cat and Boondocker i think next year the buzz factor of the RTR will be greatly diminished seems Burandt has gone to Poo. Not saying anything against the idea of a "factory" turbo sled but for now i think anybody's best bet would be to build and customize your own sled the way you want it and call it yours. Once you get through the tuning pains of a turbo a smile will be on your face from the time you open the garage door.

The Twisted kits do work well and Shain Stainger knows turbos...had the opportunity to try one on my last ride and the fit and finish is really nice. But its all about how you set-up any kit right. My advice to anyone going with a boondocker kit like mine is to go with the 09 style pressure transducer/manual boost controller that is tried tested and proven...i mean how often are you going to be changing boost? The EBC that boondocker released this year is a pos, just a fancy way to control a solenoid- im still playing with mine every trip to the mountains.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Call Brent at Arctic Edge Motorsports and see what he has to say. If you want a Cat and are in AB anyway give him a call! 1-403-564-4673. If for some reason you don't want to go that route I would go Twisted. I have been doing a lot of research as I am going to build a M1000 Turbo. The only thing with the Twisted Kit is you have to premix your fuel, but where in the mountains can you ride up to a gas pump anyway?

Top Bottom