If you had $4500 to buy a new sled what would you look at.

BrianP

Reaction score
Hello, Looking for another to buy another sled in a couple days. My budget is $4500, I don't ride in the mountains but like trails and jumping drifts a lot. Looking for some thoughts what to get and stay away from, I do like the the f7 tho. Thanks Brian

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F7 would be a good choice. the motor is pretty much bulletproof and they r pretty quick also.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would be looking at a Rev 800 146, for the type of riding you described.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Late 03 - 07 The true Rev chassis
I agree the Rev would be your best bet. But stay away from the 07 it has what is possibly the worst engine ski doo has ever made. That year is known for engine failure. And look at the renegade chassis. It will be good for jumping drifts and easy days on the trail.

BrianP

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, Man there is some over priced sleds on kijiji. Reddeer's prices are higher than Calgary but Edmonton prices aren't too bad.

Megrizzly

Reaction score
I'd search for a crossfire 7 or 8. There fast, reliable, and have a longer wider track. You can ride all day on the trails with the ability to carry some fuel and the longer track to bridge bumps better. Or play in the drifts or deep snow.

BrianP

Reaction score
Still have been looking, Didn't find too much I liked so far. Any other thoughts on a sled? A buddy told me to look into a 2008 Yamaha phazer, The 80mph top speed was a let down. The suspension looks like it would work good tho. Thanks Brian

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kijiji is top dollar, so many sellers say no low ballers but the prices guys are asking is offencive !!!

here in golden there are several good mtn sleds for realistic prices ...

the rev's are easy to work on and plenty of spare parts available and lotsa guys that work on it or give advice.
for your budget you should be able to get a good one with rebuilt clutches and motor.
word of mouth is better than kijiji.
low ball them over the phone, some one will bite, who cares if they call you names, cash is king ...

let us know how you get on ...

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
phazer is 80km/h not mph. rear suspensions are weak. You wont be happy other than the reliability.
A low km clean 02 Polaris edge and or a zx can still be a fun sled or much less than 4500 and leaves cash for beverages and cigars.
But agree revs still the best or cough up another $500 for an xp

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
phazer is 80km/h not mph. rear suspensions are weak. You wont be happy other than the reliability.
A low km clean 02 Polaris edge and or a zx can still be a fun sled or much less than 4500 and leaves cash for beverages and cigars.
But agree revs still the best or cough up another $500 for an xp
Not true...ask Joey

BrianP

Reaction score
kijiji is top dollar, so many sellers say no low ballers but the prices guys are asking is offencive !!!

here in golden there are several good mtn sleds for realistic prices ...

the rev's are easy to work on and plenty of spare parts available and lotsa guys that work on it or give advice.
for your budget you should be able to get a good one with rebuilt clutches and motor.
word of mouth is better than kijiji.
low ball them over the phone, some one will bite, who cares if they call you names, cash is king ...

let us know how you get on ...
What would be considered high km on a 2005 rev 800? Phazer is of the list, Thanks again.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not on the 800 so high km's ???

I just picked up a stock rt1000 with 3000km for $3000

but very few people want this sled and the 600 is more expensive ... go figure ...

good deals are out there ...

alota B.C. sleds have high km's coz we get to ride more than albertans

now that I think about it, buddy's 04 rev has just over 10,000km on it. motor has alot km on it too. don't know how much but he had to put a clutch on it last year and its cracking again ...

I've only been in this game for a few years, sow wot wood eye no ...

Top Bottom