if you drink pop don't look at this post :)

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for me just wana enshure lm not suckin this stuff back anymore...when lm working drink water but at home its pop...l like to get a nice cold glass and filler up...just preference....more or less trying to find a alternative or lesser evil to the crap l suck back now

Jerrol272

Reaction score
Carbonated water is a great alternative, i believe you can get it slightly flavoured in some sort of lemon-lime flavour at sobeys too, and its the same price as any pop ( 1.99 for 2L) . Same thing as the fancier perrier stuff, although its significantly cheaper buying it at costco rather than the grocery store

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pop evil...

I personally rarely drink pop outside of it being a mix. Even then I prefer sipping whiskeys/rums. Using soda water with a nice dark rum is great. Learned that in Cuba. Pepsi Next has something like 30% less sugar and tastes about the same. Makes for a good alternative to higher sugar options.

Juice does indeed have a lot of sugar too. At least it can be "naturally occurring sugars". Worst is the stuff from concentrate. We look for real juice, not from concentrate, and water it down a bit. No one in the house seems to mind or notice that much difference in taste.

Damn...now I'm thinking about that nice dark sipping rum in the cupboard. Too early? It is Friday after all.....

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its past noon somewhere on the planet :)

Pop evil...

I personally rarely drink pop outside of it being a mix. Even then I prefer sipping whiskeys/rums. Using soda water with a nice dark rum is great. Learned that in Cuba. Pepsi Next has something like 30% less sugar and tastes about the same. Makes for a good alternative to higher sugar options.

Juice does indeed have a lot of sugar too. At least it can be "naturally occurring sugars". Worst is the stuff from concentrate. We look for real juice, not from concentrate, and water it down a bit. No one in the house seems to mind or notice that much difference in taste.

Damn...now I'm thinking about that nice dark sipping rum in the cupboard. Too early? It is Friday after all.....

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Damn...now I'm thinking about that nice dark sipping rum in the cupboard. Too early? It is Friday after all....."

As Jimmy Buffett says .... it's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drink about 4 glasses of water a day but sometimes I get sick of it and want something else. I'll usually go for orange juice not from concentrate. I probably drink two cokes a week usually from a fast food place. Only keep pop at home for mix and a 12 pack lasts a few months.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I don't drink pop, I will have the odd Gatorade, love original V8 but it's high in sodium (everything processed is)... Milk is my nemesis I can drink 4 liters of milk a day if I don't keep track, I'm trying to drink more water as I never really have. My liquid diet has always consisted of coffee before noon, milk in the afternoon and beer in the evening, now it's water before the gym, 1 coffee on the morning water throughout the day milk with supper (I went from 2% to 1%) and beer on the weekends.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never been much of a pop drinker. I'll have the odd redbull. Maybe 1 every 2 weeks or so. I keep a pitcher of just lemon water in the fridge. Find I enjoy it more then just water and it has all the benefits of lemon!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I don't drink pop, I will have the odd Gatorade, love original V8 but it's high in sodium (everything processed is)... Milk is my nemesis I can drink 4 liters of milk a day if I don't keep track, I'm trying to drink more water as I never really have. My liquid diet has always consisted of coffee before noon, milk in the afternoon and beer in the evening, now it's water before the gym, 1 coffee on the morning water throughout the day milk with supper (I went from 2% to 1%) and beer on the weekends.
is "gym" a code word for something?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
is "gym" a code word for something?

Nope I legitimately go to the gym every day to walk the track with the seniors..... the internet tells me I'm not only overweight but borderline obese..... In the year that I haven't smoked I've gained 25lbs

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you tried almond milk? I like it especially in my cereal.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some people don't like the thicker texture of it. I like chocolate milk too but stay away from it due to calories so wife bought some almond chocolate milk. I did not like that one.

I did and I just cant do it...which a fawked because I love almonds and I love milk

Top Bottom